Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #1151
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think I'm not going to be a completist on this line.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:31 PM   #1152
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
Every business is money hungry, That's why it's called a business, SS isn't breaking anyone's arm to buy anything. XM for example is much more expensive than SS its "Oh, but they make better statues!" It doesn't cost that much more for XM to make a statue than it does SS. I'm sure XM is working on much higher profit margins than SS.
People keep saying this, but it just isn't true. XM doesn't charge much more for their statues than SS, it's just that it's a lot more for shipping if you don't live in Asia so overall they cost more. If you bought a Magneto, Thanos, or any of the larger scale XM statues from Simply Toys the price of the actual statue is SGD$757 which is around USD$600 (this was posted by someone on SSF, this is the price they actually paid for their Magneto from Simply Toys). That's the same as any of the larger scale SS statues like Hulk, Apocalypse, Lobo, etc. So no, they aren't charging more for the statues. It's just that shipping is a lot more.

It also depends on where you live. I paid around AUD$80 more for my Gladiator Hulk that came direct from Sideshow than my XM Hulk which was shipped to me from Singapore. Largely due to Australia's crappy exchange rate with the USD compared to the SGD. So it's actually cheaper for me to buy from XM than SS.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #1153
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
People keep saying this, but it just isn't true. XM doesn't charge much more for their statues than SS, it's just that it's a lot more for shipping if you don't live in Asia so overall they cost more. If you bought a Magneto, Thanos, or any of the larger scale XM statues from Simply Toys the price of the actual statue is SGD$757 which is around USD$600 (this was posted by someone on SSF, this is the price they actually paid for their Magneto from Simply Toys). That's the same as any of the larger scale SS statues like Hulk, Apocalypse, Lobo, etc. So no, they aren't charging more for the statues. It's just that shipping is a lot more.

It also depends on where you live. I paid around AUD$80 more for my Gladiator Hulk that came direct from Sideshow than my XM Hulk which was shipped to me from Singapore. Largely due to Australia's crappy exchange rate with the USD compared to the SGD. So it's actually cheaper for me to buy from XM than SS.
XM Black Widow - $799.90 (Simply Toys $)
SS Black Widow – Natasha Romanova $359.99
SS Black Widow – Scarlett Johansson $324.99

XM Captain America - $799.90 (Simply Toys $)
Sideshow New Cap - $399.99

XM Hawkeye - $799.90 (Simply Toys $)
Sideshow Hawkeye - $324.99

I don't see how you can say that XM doesn't charge much more for their statues? Before shipping their pieces are twice the price of Sideshow's.
There is no way you pay over $400 to have Sideshow pieces shipped to you.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:37 PM   #1154
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post

I don't see how you can say that XM doesn't charge much more for their statues? Before shipping their pieces are twice the price of Sideshow's.
Those prices are in Singapore dollars, and include a hefty amount of tax (I think 10-15%) which is deducted on checkout if you don't live in Asia. Also both XM and Simply Toys offer member pricing which reduces the price by a further $80 or so. The Cap A from Simply toys in USD costs about $520 after deducting tax, compared to the Sideshow Cap at $400. There is a slightly bigger price gap on the smaller pieces, but they certainly don't cost double.

I pay only slightly less to have Sideshow pieces shipped to me in Australia than XM pieces, but our exchange rate to the SGD is way better than the USD at the moment.

EDIT: I apologise if this came off like I'm trying to start an argument. I'm really really not. I just think that there is a perception that XM are charging way more than they actually are when all things are considered. Sideshow statues are going to cost you way less if you live in the US because of shipping anyway, so perhaps this is a moot point. I just personally think XM statues are fairly priced for what you receive.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #1155
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post

Those are bad examples! Take into concideration the collectibles that are coming out now! New collectible PO's for smaller 1/4 scale collectibles are reaching the $500 norm where as the bigger 1/4 scale collectibles are reaching close to $650-700….

Lobo Pf - what was he $599.99??

Thanos = little over 600 plus shipping

Both are going to be comparable in size and very close to the same amount of money! Now after shipping costs from Singapore to USA yeah the collectible just went up another 30% but is well worth it knowing your going to get a good collectible and the quality is going to match the prototype of which Sideshow has a very hard time doing this on a regular basis…

I still love Sideshow, but just because my name I'm not just a Sideshow fan girl i like many different companies and like whoever makes my character or collectible that I've been wanting…

But soon Dechrico7 you will see Sideshow getting right around the same price ( - ) minus shipping costs as XM!! Just wait, no one thought we would see collectibles hitting too much more than $300 when a PF use to cost little over $200 but now some PFS are over twice that so its only a matter of time…

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:12 PM   #1156
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The majority of Sideshow's PFs retail for $400 though. That's still significantly less than the approximate $600 XM pieces. $200 is not chump change. Even in your Cap example (if that's the real price?) $120 is still a lot of money.

And not every XM piece is a massive sculpt like Thanos or Phoenix or the size of Magneto's base (even though it's smaller than I first assumed). Even their normal regular sized pieces are still close to the $600 price depending on how you're purchasing and from whom. That's all minus shipping still.

So I don't really ever get this argument at all or why people try to make it. They are more expensive. Simple as that. Whether you want to justify it or not, those are the facts. They charge more for a single normal 1/4 scale statue than Sideshow does.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:17 PM   #1157
luiggi505
Death is hereditary.

OMG Mods should delete any comments about the XM bull.t I come here to see the latest pics and I only see the same detractors over and over again.
luiggi505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #1158
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I agree bud. It's really annoying. I'd rather stay on the COTD topic
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #1159
TheStig88
The X-Men

+1. There's a perfectly good Sideshow vs. XM thread in the General section that, coincidentally, was last on this very topic.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:33 PM   #1160
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Those are bad examples! Take into concideration the collectibles that are coming out now! New collectible PO's for smaller 1/4 scale collectibles are reaching the $500 norm where as the bigger 1/4 scale collectibles are reaching close to $650-700….

Lobo Pf - what was he $599.99??

Thanos = little over 600 plus shipping

Both are going to be comparable in size and very close to the same amount of money! Now after shipping costs from Singapore to USA yeah the collectible just went up another 30% but is well worth it knowing your going to get a good collectible and the quality is going to match the prototype of which Sideshow has a very hard time doing this on a regular basis…

I still love Sideshow, but just because my name I'm not just a Sideshow fan girl i like many different companies and like whoever makes my character or collectible that I've been wanting…

But soon Dechrico7 you will see Sideshow getting right around the same price ( - ) minus shipping costs as XM!! Just wait, no one thought we would see collectibles hitting too much more than $300 when a PF use to cost little over $200 but now some PFS are over twice that so its only a matter of time…

Sarah
I don't understand. I am comparing apples to apples. Black Widows to Black Widows, Captain Americas to Captain Americas etc. It isn't like I am taking a quarter scale and comparing it to a 1/6 pvc statue. I think my comparisons make sense. These are also current releases from both companies. It isn't like Sideshow released their Black Widows years ago. These reflect current prices.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote