Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-22-2015, 09:26 AM   #1511
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
ALL four of the pieces I got had a bad tattoo along with other issues. I would say that the statue had issues. I am fine with the tattoo being off center but when it was applied badly and then they touched it up with paint...not good. They piece i have now has a chain rub and messy tattoo. I thought i could just live with it but it just annoys me. I will probably throw it on eBay and take a loss.
Same here. I ultimately went for a SS refund, but ate dust when it came to my international customs and VAT fees. $h!tty piece if you ask me. I f you send out 5 pieces and all are damaged or defect.

And people keep saying only the picky people speak up... Just not true. Consider how many of these pieces have not yet been sold due to the humongous edition size. Consider the fact that maybe 80% is being sold to retailers, which will just take back the product and return to Sideshow without anyone ever noticing. No my friends, this forum, although big, does not represent nearly enough of the collectors world to just state that only the picky people speak up and that opinions outed here make a piece a good piece.

The product itself aside, Sideshow should step in/up when a product shows this many defects. Especially direct buyers shouldn't receive 5 broken pieces in a row, right? No one should bother to get up out of their office chair at Sideshow to check the 3rd or 4th replacement shipping out to a customer?
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #1512
dechirico7
The Flash

My friend got me some COTD swag. Two plastic rings, one black and one teal. They are cool but definitely made for men, lol. The Mortal Rising comic and another patch. The comic is awesome. Some of the characters shown in past group art make an appearance. I like the story behind Shard. Sounds like all sides of the court want her and have high hopes for her. Kind of cool.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #1513
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Anything new at Monsterpalooza?
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #1514
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I don't think so, Sideshow would have announced if a new character is there. It's probably just the same line up they do for each convention, Cleopsis, Xiall, Kier etc.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:07 AM   #1515
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I can't even a photo of their display. Found one, nothing new.

In other news, Gallevarbe is the first character to have sold out at popcultcha.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:29 PM   #1516
turner
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner View Post
Court of the Dead: The Chronicle of the Underworld

Hardcover – October 20, 2015
by Landry Q. Walker (Author), Sideshow Collectibles (Illustrator)

In the sprawling citadels of the Underworld, deep within the vast libraries of Voxxingard, a curator sits. Staring at an empty tome, he ponders the puzzle that has been laid out before him by his Master, the shepherd of souls known as Death — a question deceptive in its simplicity, “What is the purpose of the realm of the dead?”

To answer this, the curator must write a journal chronicling the rise of the Underworld and the history of the never-ending war of Heaven and Hell. From the lowest scavenger of corpses to the highest chancellor, all those within the Underworld must be questioned and examined. For what is the purpose of the land of the Dead? Is it a haven for the refugee spirits of the mortal world? A sinister part of the celestial war machine that threatens to consume reality itself? Or does it instead serve to bring true balance to the long abandoned promises of Heaven and Hell? Accompany Death’s curator on his strange journey as he unravels the most terrible and wonderful secrets found within the Court of the Dead.

Product Details

Hardcover: 192 pages
Publisher: Insight Editions (October 20, 2015)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1608874842
ISBN-13: 978-1608874842
Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 11 inches

Pre-Order from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Court-Dead-Und...how+court+dead
Amazon has changed the date.
It is now: April 19, 2016
turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:30 PM   #1517
kiosh
Birdman

Possibly they will cancel the entire line and dedicate only to:
Jewelry, shirts, prints...
kiosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:48 AM   #1518
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiosh View Post
Possibly they will cancel the entire line and dedicate only to:
Jewelry, shirts, prints...
Is this based on any evidence or you just spouting nonsense?
Old 09-22-2015, 03:04 AM   #1519
kiosh
Birdman

Just spouting with the fact they only put in the market little crap but hey if you are happy waiting 2-3 years for the real product is OK for me
kiosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:17 AM   #1520
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I agree with Kiosh, I'm sick of all this pointless COTD merchandise, just get the damn statues up for pre-order already.

Wasn't there supposed to be 4 COTD pre-orders per year ? It's almost October and so far this year the only COTD piece to go up for order is Oglavaeil, and that was way back in January, there's no license approval process so whats the hold up ?

So far in 2015 there has been over 10 COTD art prints, 3 pins, 7 T-shirts, digital comics, an expensive jewelry collection and only 1 PF.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote