Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-24-2021, 02:19 AM   #11
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Patiently waiting... I hope QS would announce him soon!! I have a feeling they may do a 1:1 bust and a 1/4 statue of him. Let's wait and see, hopefully they would reveal him next week during China Joy convention.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:19 AM   #12
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles
1/3 SUPERMAN (BLACK SUI) STATUE BY QUEEN STUDIOS
Queen Studios is proud to share an early look at the 1/3 Superman from Zach Snyder's Justice League (work in progress).

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:54 AM   #13
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Rather than the 1/3 scale I’m looking at that bust on the ground instead.

And I’m wondering if they’ll bother going for rooted hair on the 1/3 scale?

And I know they won’t be as good as Queens, but I’ve already got both the 1/3 and 1/2 scales from Prime 1. That being the 1/2 scale Trinity set and the main 6 from their 1/3 scale JL line.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:23 AM   #14
Silas Loki
Jubilee

I thought the hair was sculpted, but looking at the last photo (where he's semi bald) I guess, what we're seeing in the main photos IS "rooted" hair, just with so much gel, it might as well be sculpted

But, credit where credit is due - that looks like a great Henry Cavil. I actually thought the P1 HC Supes looked pretty good, just, as usual with P1, the shiney paint apps, and soft detailing throws out any chance of looking hyper real.

All that said.....we've been here before with Queen. They shows us a mind blowing (totally not edited) prototype headsculpt, and when pre order day comes - it looks like Hermann Munster....thinking about you Scarlet Witch..
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:17 AM   #15
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I thought the hair was sculpted, but looking at the last photo (where he's semi bald) I guess, what we're seeing in the main photos IS "rooted" hair, just with so much gel, it might as well be sculpted
It looks like sculpted hair to me, but the pic with the bald head suggests they'll be doing a rooted hair version too.

Quote:
All that said.....we've been here before with Queen. They shows us a mind blowing (totally not edited) prototype headsculpt, and when pre order day comes - it looks like Hermann Munster....thinking about you Scarlet Witch..
It seems you're thinking about this, but they never showed us those pics in any official form at all, I just found them on an artist's ArtStation page or something and posted them here with a disclaimer.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:35 AM   #16
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
It seems you're thinking about this, but they never showed us those pics in any official form at all, I just found them on an artist's ArtStation page or something and posted them here with a disclaimer.
no, there was a short video, or a still picture taken from a video, with one of the QS artists holding a similarly "bald" headsculpt of Scarlet Witch - it was an Amazing likeness to the actress.....then we got....something else at pre order day.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:59 AM   #17
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
no, there was a short video, or a still picture taken from a video, with one of the QS artists holding a similarly "bald" headsculpt of Scarlet Witch - it was an Amazing likeness to the actress.....then we got....something else at pre order day.
This?

Spoiler

It looks exactly like the portrait on the full figure to me, only angled differently.

Spoiler

Also, both pics were released at the same time and this statue hasn't been up for preorder yet.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:31 AM   #18
Silas Loki
Jubilee

That's the one!!

It was due to go up for pre order and they pulled it back.....

The face on view looks great, but somehow, on the figure it looks way off. I guess QS agreed, or why pull the figure from release....
Old 07-06-2022, 11:10 AM   #19
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

That hair looks 100% sculpted .
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:39 AM   #20
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Love the likeness on this (maybe the first company to truly get Cavill right). i would prefer a non-black suit version but this may have to do. Anxious to see more.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote