Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-21-2021, 03:01 PM   #1021
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Since we are going down this rabbit hole I need to bring in my current and future Storm cuteness factors:

ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:13 PM   #1022
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
Since we are going down this rabbit hole I need to bring in my current and future Storm cuteness factors:

I really love the sculpt of this one. But wrong costume... that abomination isn't allowed in this house!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:23 PM   #1023
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I have the Scottie Young mohawk statue. And I have the white suit figurine on order at BBTS because she looks animated so the white suit is allowed. I just tell myself it's from XTAS. Jean has her hair in the pony like XTAS, so this logic works for me.

I'm with Alex though - don't be putting that white suit on my comic based PF. Hell no that's not accurate.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:29 PM   #1024
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Wonder what scale that statue is?

I can definitely see that statue sitting seamlessly in with anybody’s collection of XM, Sideshow or Bowens.
Storm on crack.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:56 PM   #1025
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

After the way too long wait, and the barely containable anticipation & excitement regarding Storm, if the work is anywhere good, I hope you all back-up the character/ product you’ve been clamouring for so long.

Flash & Juggs come to mind, as the noise & long wait for these characters were loud. Once released, both sculpts were great works, relatively small es, & yet both are still in stock. Hard to blame SS for not releasing lesser characters if sales don’t support it. Especially when the sculpts are frankly fantastic. We'll see.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:15 PM   #1026
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:32 PM   #1027
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
After the way too long wait, and the barely containable anticipation & excitement regarding Storm, if the work is anywhere good, I hope you all back-up the character/ product you’ve been clamouring for so long.

Flash & Juggs come to mind, as the noise & long wait for these characters were loud. Once released, both sculpts were great works, relatively small es, & yet both are still in stock. Hard to blame SS for not releasing lesser characters if sales don’t support it. Especially when the sculpts are frankly fantastic. We'll see.
It’s subjective though.

What’s a great sculpt to one of us won’t be great to someone else. I’m a huge Gambit fan. He’s one of my favorite characters. I DO NOT like the XM statue and therefore didn’t buy one of my favorite characters. But many others do like it.

Sideshow thought their Lobo Maquette was a great sculpt. It’s ES is very low and nobody cares.

I think if Flash, who does have a well sculpted PF, wasn’t just well sculpted but had a better overall concept, it would’ve had higher ES and likely sold faster as well. I think similarly for Robin, if it had the same pose but was less cartoony it would’ve done better.

As much as I love Storm if she was made not well I couldn’t purchase.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:35 PM   #1028
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
It’s subjective though.

What’s a great sculpt to one of us won’t be great to someone else. I’m a huge Gambit fan. He’s one of my favorite characters. I DO NOT like the XM statue and therefore didn’t buy one of my favorite characters. But many others do like it.

Sideshow thought their Lobo Maquette was a great sculpt. It’s ES is very low and nobody cares.

I think if Flash, who does have a well sculpted PF, wasn’t just well sculpted but had a better overall concept, it would’ve had higher ES and likely sold faster as well. I think similarly for Robin, if it had the same pose but was less cartoony it would’ve done better.

As much as I love Storm if she was made not well I couldn’t purchase.

Yes, of course it’s subjective, and I’d never suggest buying a character only because he’s a fav or needed for a collection, rather than being a sound sculpt. I mean I’m still waiting for a 1/4 scale Bats & Hulk I like.

Just saying that when a sought after character, who is long overdue, is finally produced, with a sound/good sculpt, is in the end, seemingly dead? Makes me wonder.

As for Gambit, did you end up getting the SS version. I bought neither, but if given the choice, the Sideshow version without doubt.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:14 PM   #1029
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Bring it SS, bring it.....

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:20 PM   #1030
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post

I bought the Flash PF and LOVE it! Juggy was epic but I couldn't fit him in my collection because of space issues. I desperately NEED a Storm PF. Unfortunately, I'll probably pass on this because she'll be in her Jim Lee costume. If they do a classic or modern variant though, I'll be all over that.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote