Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-21-2021, 12:22 PM   #51
tarim69
Sailor Moon

I could care less if something is " a statue".

I care that it's a recreation of a character I like that I can display in my home.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:27 PM   #52
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post

I care that it's a recreation of a character I like that I can display in my home.
Exactly, and this is why I shouldn't have fed the troll. You're completely correct. Classifications be damned, if it's a definitive piece, then statue, figure, Barbie doll, real doll.....it's Art.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:57 PM   #53
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
With real hair, fabric jacket, and presumably silicone portrait, glass eye's, why not go the whole way and make it a figure? ..as it is not a statue. It may as well be a 1/3 Hot Toys piece.

For sure i am interested to see the portrait. The real hair feature makes the piece a no go for me. I will stick with my 1/3 Prime 1 Harley
Note that I also collect Hot Toys figures, but there’s simply no comparison to a well made statue. At last count I had about 80+ figures, but more in statues.

Previously Hot Toys figures for me always had the upper hand when it came to an actors likeness. But that was more due to Sideshows incompetence, rather than just Hot Toys knowing what they were doing. And now with Queen, JND and Infinity on the market, statues will always to be the way to go if you have the money and more importantly the display space.

The primary issue with a lot of Hot Toys figures is that only in their simplest most basic standing straight up and down pose do their proportions look fine. But once you bend any appendage it, be it an elbow, wrist or leg that can go out the window.

I know JND are posed fairly basically, but at least they won’t have any exposed joints. The neck and wrist joints on even fully clothed figures are a true eyesore. One I accept only because of their ‘lower’ price, and one I would definitely not accept priced as high as these are.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:02 PM   #54
Exorcist
Hydra

Talking

Quote:

Agreed, I just want the best representation of a movie character possible. JND and Queen Studio's are ticking all of those boxes for me at the moment
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:06 PM   #55
MasterkillerWSW
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Sorry for OT but I hate this...

https://youtu.be/FpVpIaC6QrM
MasterkillerWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:49 PM   #56
chronos1919
Nightwing

Despite this being Statue Forum, many of these items just fall under the category of "collectibles." I don't particularly care what they're made of so long as I like the product and want to display it. There's obviously an interest in JND products amongst statue collectors that see them as being akin to a statue in that they're expensive, static display pieces.

For whatever reason there's a group of sad and desperate individuals that only want to detract from others' enjoyment and keep beating the same drum, endlessly, with idiotic arguments about the definition of the word statue and nothing of interest to add to the conversation.

chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:51 PM   #57
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Since when has a silicone portrait and glass eyes meant it's a figure?

And why would they make a 1/3 scale action figure?

These are rhetorical questions obviously
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:56 PM   #58
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
also it looks like they used this scene for the statue
So, back on track then...
Yes. Really well spotted. I was wondering what she would have been doing with the left hand - maybe holding her gun or pointing a finger. Either way, as someone else has said, Sugo seem to have their ears to the ground on this one.
I wonder when the full reveal from JND will be...
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:17 PM   #59
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'm not sure I'm gonna kill myself (wake up in the wee hours) to order this direct from JND. I know WW84 sold out - everywhere, but Catwoman is still available from quite a few places.....I expect Harley will be similarly available long after the "Sold Out" sign goes up.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 05:08 PM   #60
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm the opposite - if they've got a good pose and they're on point with the likeness then I'm hitting that F5 key like there's no tomorrow. I'm a fan of Margot, not the movie though and selling my SS 1/3 Prime1 HQ is still one of my biggest regrets.
Sugo's order page for this seems to have something odd going on - it looks like the price has dropped or it's in USD...?
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote