Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-20-2023, 11:18 AM   #301
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Saw this at my LCS yesterday. Was not as big as I imaniged it would be. Colors were more muted too. Looked nice, didnt look odd at all, but did seem like it would display well on a low shelf.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 08:43 AM   #302
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
What's the saying ...

... this is one only a mother can love.

Well, that's part of the problem, where folks don't realize that Wolverine's mug is the prize!

Berserker rage wrapped/draped in beautifully detailed Japanese design, with Wolverine literally on the fly in grand style.

Brother, it's yin/yang with bloodied hands. A masterwork.

P.S. For myself, this sculptural approach is fresh/exciting & takes us way further, even if the subject matter is more obscure to most(?), certainly for myself. But man, it beats the hell outta the tacky/familiar/mind numbingly boring approach of piles of money bags, or bang-bang gun flags?!

I mean next time I see a "money motif" used in a sculpt, it better be a clenched fist full of bloodied cash being rammed down some poor slob's throat! Not pretty, but reaching a dramatic high note.

Sideshow is on a roll, and I'm more than happy to pay the toll, because frankly I feel the collecting community is somehow stuck in the twilight zone. This is really good sh!t, take the time to take another look at it.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 09:01 AM   #303
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Saw this at my LCS yesterday. Was not as big as I imaniged it would be. Colors were more muted too. Looked nice, didnt look odd at all, but did seem like it would display well on a low shelf.

Nice? I'm expecting way more, and nothing less that Mr. Martin Canale taking me to a place of blood and grace. Can't wait.
Old 10-25-2023, 11:45 AM   #304
jerry0wilson
Frackin!

Full shot of the display for scale:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2827.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	165516  
jerry0wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:57 AM   #305
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The Wolverine setup looks good I would like to eventually add this to my collection.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 12:07 PM   #306
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry0wilson View Post
I would actually swap your Ronin and bottom Wolverine. I think their poses work best from those sight lines. My LCS had this set up on a low shelf and it was one of the few that looked really good from that angle.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 12:25 PM   #307
jerry0wilson
Frackin!

Won't fit on bottom shelf, that sword he is holding goes up too high haha.
jerry0wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 07:01 AM   #308
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry0wilson View Post

Nice set-up/display, definitely Martin Canale based, looks great.
Old 10-26-2023, 04:52 PM   #309
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I had the chance to purchases this outright from my waitlist, but just could not justify spending $800 for this statue. It was hard because I was at a tug of war with myself and the collector side of me. Normally I have no issue with spending any amount on my collection, just couldn't pull the trigger and the offer closed at 12:27PST today. I like this statue but I don't love this piece. Even went back in this thread and read some of my older post on this statue. To help myself make a decision on pulling the trigger. Just have to be a discipline collector and hope that I can find it for cheaper than $800 down the road somewhere later.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:58 AM   #310
Divo

Iron, WTF? Now it's only Jerry0, Canale, & me? Well, at least we got exclusivity,..........though lonely.

Seriously, these things are expensive & we have to be sure. The problem is that "sure" today is gone tomorrow, & I don't think it's coming back.

My council would be to get this stuff while you can, whatever that "stuff" is, because I don't think this thing will last.

Now for the wait/anticipation for the witnessing of this magnificent Ronin Wolverine, and bask in the slash!