Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-15-2021, 07:55 AM   #81
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I would rather they let it stay unfinished than have artists try to imitate his work and pull together his notes to force an ending
I couldn't disagree more. It needs to be finished or else what is the point luckily he trained his assistants in his art style so the art isn't the problem. It's the plot and story that is an unknown factor, we don't yet know if he left behind story notes.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:01 AM   #82
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

They should just release Keynotes of the storyline und that's it. I just want to know what would have happaned to Griffith, Guts und the God Hand members.
If his artists want to continue the Manga I am fine as long as they have NO creative freedom at all
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:28 AM   #83
Zombiez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
They should just release Keynotes of the storyline und that's it. I just want to know what would have happaned to Griffith, Guts und the God Hand members.
If his artists want to continue the Manga I am fine as long as they have NO creative freedom at all
What sense would that make?? They could probably sum up the potential ending in a short essay and be done with it but where is the fulfillment or entertainment value in that?? I think they should follow along with his notes if he left any and then at that point if the story has not reached a reasonable conclusion then pass the torch onto someone who can conclude it. There is no such thing as perfection
Old 06-15-2021, 09:34 AM   #84
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
Personally I hope I am wrong that the story remains unfinished....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I would rather they let it stay unfinished than have artists try to imitate his work and pull together his notes to force an ending
+1
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:25 AM   #85
Augen
Metal Men

I've seen the scenario play out two ways

Dune - Finished after death, but many don't consider it cannon if it wasn't Frank Herbert

Wheel of Time - Finished after death, Sanderson accepted along with Jordan
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:29 AM   #86
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
What sense would that make?? They could probably sum up the potential ending in a short essay and be done with it but where is the fulfillment or entertainment value in that?? I think they should follow along with his notes if he left any and then at that point if the story has not reached a reasonable conclusion then pass the torch onto someone who can conclude it. There is no such thing as perfection
Berserk is a masterpiece. Without Kentaro Miura the Manga is destined to disappoint. Leave it as an unfinished masterpiece in honor of Miura and tell us the conclusion of Berserk at least. I wouldn't mind if the assistants kept working on the Manga, but the likelihood they mess up this outstanding work is inevitable. *points at the Grunbeld one shot manga*
Old 06-15-2021, 10:39 AM   #87
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Miura dying before he finished the book was always a fear since his output was so sporadic over many, many years. I hope the story gets finished using his notes (assuming he had it laid out on paper somewhere). I want to know how it ends, and I'm not one of those people that care about who does it since he's gone. I'm fine with other artists completing the work as a tribute to him. I just want closure.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:02 PM   #88
Zombiez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Berserk is a masterpiece. Without Kentaro Miura the Manga is destined to disappoint. Leave it as an unfinished masterpiece in honor of Miura and tell us the conclusion of Berserk at least. I wouldn't mind if the assistants kept working on the Manga, but the likelihood they mess up this outstanding work is inevitable. *points at the Grunbeld one shot manga*
I will be more disappointed if there is no conclusion i don't understand the logic behind saying nothing is better than something because that something may be imperfect. Berserk as it is right now isn't perfect but Miura worked his whole life on berserk leaving it unfinished would be the real dishonor because if meanS he did all that work for nothing.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:09 PM   #89
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I will be more disappointed if there is no conclusion i don't understand the logic behind saying nothing is better than something because that something may be imperfect. Berserk as it is right now isn't perfect but Miura worked his whole life on berserk leaving it unfinished would be the real dishonor because if meanS he did all that work for nothing.
I never said berserk shall never have a conclusion. I just said I would be pleased if they only released Miuras notes for the ending, so his work shall remain untainted.
It would drive me crazy not knowing what the ending could have been.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:30 PM   #90
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Miura should've been more prudent to have not only detailed story outlines but storyboards ready to go as well. If not, so be it. We got what we got.

Why hasn't Sideshow put up Casca yet?
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote