Old 02-26-2019, 11:49 PM   #382
GaryTonge
Kingpin

XM Darth Maul

GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:33 AM   #383
risingstar
Jedi Order

Nice pics! However, sorry to see that yours arrived broken...
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:04 AM   #384
built2shred
Phoenix

7% my ass...…

I bet you the real numbers are really high and that's why they don't want to do replacements, it would probably be very expensive, they would have to re-engineer it so the piece wouldn't break anymore and start another factory run...

I'm guessing they got so many other statues in the pipeline they rather just refund and move on to the next statue...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:54 AM   #385
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Nice pics! However, sorry to see that yours arrived broken...
Thank you!! I'm sorry too, but it'll get repaired as good as new!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:03 AM   #386
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
7% my ass...…

I bet you the real numbers are really high and that's why they don't want to do replacements, it would probably be very expensive, they would have to re-engineer it so the piece wouldn't break anymore and start another factory run...

I'm guessing they got so many other statues in the pipeline they rather just refund and move on to the next statue...
agree 100%. 7% would be about 20 statues. If that's all it was they could handle the replacements, but I'd bet the # of broken pieces is more like 25%+
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:31 PM   #387
sparda
The Avengers

Those who had theirs broken, did your issue get resolved already? I'm still waiting for confirmation...
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:43 PM   #388
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Those who had theirs broken, did your issue get resolved already? I'm still waiting for confirmation...
My contact told me like 10 days ago that he was going to get me a $150 refund from XM, I haven't seen or heard anything since..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:54 PM   #389
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
7% my ass...…

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
agree 100%. 7% would be about 20 statues. If that's all it was they could handle the replacements, but I'd bet the # of broken pieces is more like 25%+
They haven't updated any of the numbers either in the last two weeks. I contacted them to inquire if more collectors had issues, but no comment.

I do not have a Facebook account or Instagram, but I can only imagine the individuals who have issues and/or complaints.

I am really surprised there are not too many Youtube videos addressing XM breakage problems. The only ones I could find is one by a user called Greego and he addresses it in the comment section. The other is Gem Mint Collectibles with his 1/4 Storm and hair breakage issue.

Like I stated before, they are betting on collectors keeping the statue and them not having to give a full refund.

There should be some online form where collectors that receive a broken statue could register their piece and sign it.
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:04 PM   #390
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
What's that supposed to mean? XM have dropped the ball on this one big time. Not sure if you are an EU distributor or PR mouthpiece? But try and tread a bit more carefully, there are a lot of very disappointed people who were looking forward to this piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I just know more, that´s all. They do temperature test before production. They did all the drop test many times and it showed no breakage. That´s normal work on every statue. Nothing showed a damage before and it still happend.
Just a couple of questions, has anyone ever seen their process or is it visually documented anywhere? Also, how many times did they do it? After the initial first batches were delivered and found to be broken? After their fix by incorporating the installation of two extra pieces of Styrofoam? Or after they realized they rushed the second batch of statues being delivered to customers were received broken? What they should have included was frequency testing on the piece. I am not arguing or question you GrumpyBear, just super frustrated with XM.

I would think that a company like this would want to reassure their customers of the extra lengths they go through to protect these expensive pieces. It would be a great opportunity to show that they are trustworthy in what they say they do. Lesson learned for me as I have stated and others.

I inquired from XM of any video footage of their testing, or proof of breakage tests, but of course no comment once again.
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB is offline   Reply With Quote