Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-07-2021, 07:14 PM   #1871
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
She’s on the way. 😎
Hope she arrives safely! Nobody should pass on this statue!
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:54 AM   #1872
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
She’s on the way. 😎
nice one... hopefully the start of the second batch shipping
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:00 PM   #1873
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Mine arrived today. Pictures don’t do her justice what a beautiful piece. But there was a bitter pill of mad shipping costs and then 188 euro import charges. It’s really taking the good out of collecting.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #1874
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Mine arrived today. Pictures don’t do her justice what a beautiful piece. But there was a bitter pill of mad shipping costs and then 188 euro import charges. It’s really taking the good out of collecting.
congrats Bullseye, that's what we like to hear, the charges though...not so much, still trying to get over the £657 shipping and duty for P1 Red
Old 07-10-2021, 12:43 PM   #1875
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
congrats Bullseye, that's what we like to hear, the charges though...not so much, still trying to get over the £657 shipping and duty for P1 Red
wait....no way.....you mean an extra almost $1000 usd for shipping and import fees just for P1 RS? thats like me buying a second P1 RS in the US...or some other 1/3 statue

Is that just a european thing or have i just been very lucky to not ever paid such import fees in the many years i been buying statues....i mean i have purchased several statues straight from manufacturers out of the US or from foreign retailers but i never paid such import fees....DHL, UPS or FedEx just drops the package on my front door and thats it....no billing or anything
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 04:34 PM   #1876
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
wait....no way.....you mean an extra almost $1000 usd for shipping and import fees just for P1 RS? thats like me buying a second P1 RS in the US...or some other 1/3 statue

Is that just a european thing or have i just been very lucky to not ever paid such import fees in the many years i been buying statues....i mean i have purchased several statues straight from manufacturers out of the US or from foreign retailers but i never paid such import fees....DHL, UPS or FedEx just drops the package on my front door and thats it....no billing or anything
Yeah I know...scary and painful.
The import duty alone was £370, but here in the uk the tax on these has gone up to around 20%, where before we paid about 5%, on something this pricey it makes a big difference.
Collecting in the UK sucks but hey, it's what we do.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:15 PM   #1877
Thor57
Teen Titans

Welp, have an issue. The head doesn’t sit flush in the neck seam and it’s pretty noticeable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B317B239-FA18-430D-BBB1-87F491903C06.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	141471  
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:19 PM   #1878
SDguy

Quote:
Welp, have an issue. The head doesn’t sit flush in the neck seam and it’s pretty noticeable.
Yours is more than mine. Mine has it a little bit, but it's so minor, and so even looking around the top of the collar, that it just looks like a black edge or shadow to the top of the collar, so it's a non issue for me. If it bothers you contact SS.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:34 PM   #1879
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yours is more than mine. Mine has it a little bit, but it's so minor, and so even looking around the top of the collar, that it just looks like a black edge or shadow to the top of the collar, so it's a non issue for me. If it bothers you contact SS.
Yeah, the first thing I did when I noticed was wiggled the head around a bit to see if something was catching, and no bueno. Second, I went back to the first pictures released in here from all of you guys, and looked at everyone as close as I could. I did indeed see a few that had a small gap, but like you said not enough for to be bothered. But with mine its a clear gap that I could slide things inbetween. So I submitted a ticket.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:56 PM   #1880
SDguy

Quote:
Yeah, the first thing I did when I noticed was wiggled the head around a bit to see if something was catching, and no bueno. Second, I went back to the first pictures released in here from all of you guys, and looked at everyone as close as I could. I did indeed see a few that had a small gap, but like you said not enough for to be bothered. But with mine its a clear gap that I could slide things inbetween. So I submitted a ticket.
Without knowing if the head or the body is the problem, wonder how they'll handle it.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote