Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-21-2022, 12:18 AM   #701
azurepred
Zot

Likeness isn't perfect, just like all of their pieces so far imo, but it is damn close enough. Best Margot Quinn out there for me. I'm glad I don't care for her character because it looks like a pain to put all of those accessories on her.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:49 AM   #702
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Likeness isn't perfect, just like all of their pieces so far imo, but it is damn close enough. Best Margot Quinn out there for me. I'm glad I don't care for her character because it looks like a pain to put all of those accessories on her.
I think that's simply an unrealistic expectation. I don't mean that because the artists aren't great at what they do....quite the opposite.

I think it's unrealistic because you can't trust your eyes. We often don't see what's in front of us without applying psychological "filters".....compound this with the fact that the artist will also be interpreting what they see....l.

This is why we see the phenomenon of people not recognizing the actual actress themselves in person.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 02:56 AM   #703
Shoo
Hercules

It's a terrific statue, but I also see more Anna Chlumsky than Margot Robbie in that portrait.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 03:49 AM   #704
ukshaun
Hercules

@Shoo I don't see Anna Chlumsky, although i get why you possibly do, as it's in the teeth.

If i am honest, i do not see a lot of Margot Robbie in the JND piece.
What i do see is a whole of lot of Harley, and that is good enough for me on this occasion.

The recent Prime 1 piece from The Suicide Squad probably looks more like Margot Robbie than the JND piece.

The JND piece with it's teeth, lips and eye's gives me vibes of Billy Pipper
Does the JND piece look like Billy Piper? probably not, but kind of..

LOADING: Image(s)

Actress Billy Piper

I noticed some comments in this thread with regards to the original 1/3 piece from Prime 1
To be fair to Prime 1, the Prime 1 piece contains a high level of bad a$$ associated with the character, unlike the JND piece, which looks sugar coated.
Either way i have time for both piece

LOADING: Image(s)

Prime 1 Studio - Harley Quinn 1/3 from Suicide Squad
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 04:12 AM   #705
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
@Shoo I don't see Anna Chlumsky, although i get why you possibly do, as it's in the teeth.
It's actually the eyes above all that remind me strongly of her and make me not see Margot there.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:13 AM   #706
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I agree the mouth is spot on Billie piper, it's what throws the likeness off for me
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:13 AM   #707
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

So far I have received 4 JND pieces.

Ledger Joker, Selina and 2 Wonder Woman’s.

3 of the statues have all had minor issues which I do not expect on a 2K statue. Joker had a loose foot, Wonder Woman had an unpainted hand and Selina’s stiletto had become detached.

Personally, I don’t see the value in these statues as the clothing and materials imho are not a premium quality.

However the statues are in my opinion are so far the best representations of these characters compared to the Queen Studios and Prime 1 representations I own. However I think if I was just comparing price value between the 3 companies I would put JND last.

For first time JND buyers you may need to manage your expectations as you are mainly paying for the headsculpt. If you are unhappy with the sculpt you may be disappointed with the overall package.

This is all just my humble opinion
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:22 AM   #708
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
So far I have received 4 JND pieces.

Ledger Joker, Selina and 2 Wonder Woman?s.

3 of the statues have all had minor issues which I do not expect on a 2K statue. Joker had a loose foot, Wonder Woman had an unpainted hand and Selina?s stiletto had become detached.

Personally, I don?t see the value in these statues as the clothing and materials imho are not a premium quality.

However the statues are in my opinion are so far the best representations of these characters compared to the Queen Studios and Prime 1 representations I own. However I think if I was just comparing price value between the 3 companies I would put JND last.

For first time JND buyers you may need to manage your expectations as you are mainly paying for the headsculpt. If you are unhappy with the sculpt you may be disappointed with the overall package.

This is all just my humble opinion
I'm not sure if you can put "value" and "JND" into the same sentence.....unless you include the words "lack of" somewhere as well

I completely agree with you. JND statues are about $1000 - $1100 over priced in my opinion. They had a home run with WW84 and Catwoman (IMHO) everything else has been a bit of a miss. I wouldn't go as far as saying their likenesses are better than Queen Studios either....
Old 07-22-2022, 12:36 AM   #709
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm not sure if you can put "value" and "JND" into the same sentence.....unless you include the words "lack of" somewhere as well

I completely agree with you. JND statues are about $1000 - $1100 over priced in my opinion. They had a home run with WW84 and Catwoman (IMHO) everything else has been a bit of a miss. I wouldn't go as far as saying their likenesses are better than Queen Studios either....
where are you finding fully tailored, rooted hair 1/3 statues for $1k then? I don't think you can call them overpriced by that much when there is nothing even comparable in that range except for 1 statue (to my knowledge). I would agree if we were talking the newest Batman from JND at $3k. The Prime 1/3 Joker is just a complete joke in my eyes and that piece all in is only a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the JND.

Even ECC maquettes are running at or above JND prices in some cases and the quality is extremely hit or miss with them. They have been priced over $2k for years. The only real bargain 1/3 rooted piece I have ever seen in the last 5 years is probably the QS 1/3 rooted Joker, but if they did that piece again today, it would certainly be priced way higher.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:55 AM   #710
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
where are you finding fully tailored, rooted hair 1/3 statues for $1k then? I don't think you can call them overpriced by that much when there is nothing even comparable in that range except for 1 statue (to my knowledge). I would agree if we were talking the newest Batman from JND at $3k. The Prime 1/3 Joker is just a complete joke in my eyes and that piece all in is only a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the JND.
No, you're right! I keep confusing the dollar price with the bloated EU pricing I need to deal with.

All things considered, and again, thinking from an EU perspective I would price these statues at $500 cheaper - to bring back a decent value proposition.

On a side note. We talk about fully tailored, rooted hair, glass eyes and silicone - like it's something highly innovative. Individually, these processes have been around for a very long time. The only innovation, if you want to call it that, is bringing it together in a 1/3 hybrid statue figure.....to me, that alone is not worth the added price tag. I might not be able to get exactly that same product anywhere else (maybe there's a reason for that ) but that alone doesn't make it the best product, or even a premium product.