Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-20-2024, 12:24 PM   #611
SDguy

I can't imagine displaying her in anything other than a black cabinet using a warm white spotlight for lighting.

Eyes look a bit buggy to me for some reason.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 12:26 PM   #612
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The paint job looks atrocious to me - like she went to Mexico and laid down on her stomach at the beach, fell asleep for 8 hours in the blazing sun, got severely burnt and then tried to cover it up with bronzing lotion.

Or like that episode of Friends where Ross goes to the spray tan machine and ends up super dark on one side and nothing on the other.

Luckily, the worst of it is the back of her, so maybe she'll still look good front on.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 12:32 PM   #613
ukshaun
Hercules

I just watched the video, and.. (drum roll)

I like it!
Quite a number of small pieces to assemble.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 12:43 PM   #614
qz33
Baron Zemo

Okay lemme watch this thing more closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
No shock they did not zoom in on her beautifully sculpted legs - because that ?shawdow shading? is beyond heavy handed.

Sculpt is great. Regular paint is well done. But the shading is awful. At least it can be hidden by a display angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
looks like she turned out pretty nice except no gloss on the eyes again which i continue to find bizarre. i agree with Demona the factory just cant due "subtle" when it comes to these ligting effects. the artbox looks cool from what i could see, i wonder if they plan to get into art prints with this line as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I can't imagine displaying her in anything other than a black cabinet using a warm white spotlight for lighting.

Eyes look a bit buggy to me for some reason.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 01:25 PM   #615
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The paint job looks atrocious to me - like she went to Mexico and laid down on her stomach at the beach, fell asleep for 8 hours in the blazing sun, got severely burnt and then tried to cover it up with bronzing lotion.

Or like that episode of Friends where Ross goes to the spray tan machine and ends up super dark on one side and nothing on the other.

Luckily, the worst of it is the back of her, so maybe she'll still look good front on.
Agree that the "Sideshow shading" looks bad. Sideshow, just let the natural shadows do their job - there is no need to have this.

Besides the shading and the paints on and around the eyes, the statue looks pretty good.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 03:27 PM   #616
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I watched the video again and noticed they did the ?sideshow shading? on the back of her head too. So most of her pretty blonde hair is tinted brown.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 03:38 PM   #617
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I watched the video again and noticed they did the ?sideshow shading? on the back of her head too. So most of her pretty blonde hair is tinted brown.
Did you catch her legs while still in the box? It's like she's wearing stockings!
Old 05-20-2024, 03:39 PM   #618
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

So glad the shading was noticed a while back in another video. I would have lost my NRD on this one.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 03:40 PM   #619
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
So glad the shading was noticed a while back in another video. I would have lost my NRD on this one.
Don't ever PO anymore. Just don't do it.
Old 05-20-2024, 04:14 PM   #620
Forps is back
The Avengers

Future Grail, guys!

Are you blind? This is a masterpiece. Godbottle once again GOATed. Even the deliberate crazy paint scheme by Sideshow is magnificent. It is ofc not for casuals, it is different and your eyes can't get into it.

Nevertheless, this is a future grail.

It reminds me of Dejah Thoris PFF which is nowadays nearly impossible to get (bearing in mind also that the market is currently struggling).

This is Dejah Thoris 2.0

Mark my words, guys.

Is there ANY comparison between this sculpting masterpiece and that ATROCIOUS Big Bowen, TOTALLY TOY-ISH looking (when painted) WW 1/3 by LBS?

Get this piece NOW, its aftermarket price is going to follow Dejah's path.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote