PDA

View Full Version : Life size dinosaur sculpture suggestions

xsculptorx
08-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Hey y'all, for my 3rd year of university i have to produce a high standard piece of sculpture/model, it has to be justifiable(i.e. have a purpose-film, museum, toy etc..) I have roughly 5'ish months from start to exhibition day to produce it, and my budget is limited to around £500-£600. For this project i have decided to sculpt a life size 1.1 scale dinosaur/dinosaur head, mainly because it's easy to justify making it (museum piece to be displayed next to the bones or whatever) also because, well who doesnt like dinosaurs?lol. Trouble is i'm limited to what dinosaurs i can produce, basically i've figured out it cannot be any longer than 2m and no taller than 1m (unless its very short, in that case it can be longer and visa versa). So my questions to you fine people are-
1.What dinosaur could i sculpt that fits within those parameters?
2.What pose/scenario would you like to see it in? (has to be realistic obviously).
3.Does anyone have any experience in sculpting dinosaurs, or anything for that matter, at this scale? Any tips/advice you could give me?

thanks in advance!

cyborgt800
08-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I'd suggest looking up (Googling) small dinosaurs or doing one to scale or perhaps a juvenile of a velociraptor? What about a baby dinosaur?

fatbob
08-24-2010, 09:51 PM
From WETA workshop:

It's a protected, ancient lizard named Tuatara and still lives on a couple of island on the coast of New Zealand. THis model is a pimped up version of it…