PDA

View Full Version : Superman- Maquette (Reference Model) Cartoon

rolleypolley18
07-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Does anyone have the Superman Reference Maquette (WB) that was made in the late 90s? I have never seen this piece, but I have heard great things about it. I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have one to show? Please let me know if anyone can help me.

candyrocket786
07-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Does anyone have the Superman Reference Maquette (WB) that was made in the late 90s? I have never seen this piece, but I have heard great things about it. I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have one to show? Please let me know if anyone can help me.

I have it. The Supes and Batman pieces are the must-haves of the entire series.

Here's a website with all the info/pics

http://www.comicart.cc/maquette/

---I'm just missing Wonder Woman

candyrocket786
07-13-2005, 11:06 PM
By the way.. the Supes maquette was sculpted by Bowen

Sniper
07-14-2005, 10:00 PM
I JUST SOLD THE TWO I HAD ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO.
THere are two superman version one with the round base which was given out to the cartoonist at WB and one with the black S on the base.

perfusin
07-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Actually there were 3 superman versions. The one sold at Warner Bros with the S-Shield base, the AP with the round grey base (250) and the ORIGINAL test SCULPT with the GOLD round base unnumbered (only a few).

Wayne Foundation
07-15-2005, 11:17 PM
The WB maquettes were awesome. I really wish I had picked this one up back in the day.

Its not the same, but for those without 400-600 bucks to get the original, the Superman Animated maquette from DC Direct may be the next best thing.

Mr. X
07-16-2005, 01:46 AM
I have both the Superman and Batman Animated maquettes that were released awhile ago. Sure wish I could've been able to pick up those Warner Bros. ones. Very nice and much bigger. I also wanted the Batman Beyond one which goes for pretty hefty bucks these days on Ebay. I wish DC Direct would release their version of that Batman one.

Superhero
07-19-2005, 11:47 AM
The one with the round grey base sculpted by Bowen is superior to the mass market version with the Superman logo base. The colors are better, the cape hangs better and there are minor details of the sculpt not included in the mass market version. It is not a night and day difference, but the difference is very noticable.

candyrocket786
07-19-2005, 11:54 AM
The one with the round grey base sculpted by Bowen is superior to the mass market version with the Superman logo base. The colors are better, the cape hangs better and there are minor details of the sculpt not included in the mass market version. It is not a night and day difference, but the difference is very noticable.

This one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6546715579&category=80&ssPageName=WD1V&rd=1

Looks just like mine, except:
- Base
- Eyes look a little different
- Man-shorts are a little darker.

perfusin
07-19-2005, 12:47 PM
$3000 :laugh: :laugh: He's Dreaming :laugh: :laugh:

candyrocket786
07-19-2005, 01:18 PM
$3000 :laugh: :laugh: He's Dreaming :laugh: :laugh:

He claims one sold for $4k during a convention. I know I've seen these on Ebay, but I don't believe they ever exceeded the $600 mark. Hell, I think #001 (of 2500) sold for around $600-650 several months ago.

For 3k, you could get your own statue commissioned.

Mr. X
07-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Heck, I'd rather put that 3 thousand for a down payment for a new for. lol.

That is definitely steep.