PDA

View Full Version : XM Studios Inevitable Spider-Man Line

Pages : 1 [2]

built2shred
05-05-2015, 11:54 PM
My guess is there is a restriction in terms of who has to go first, AND let's face it does XM want to go whole hog on a design BEFORE SSC releases better pics of theirs? Martin Canale is doing the new PF in a dynamic action pose, and we all know he is a master. If I was XM I would sit back see what SSC shows, and then give the community something equally special, but unique and dynamic in its own way. They don't need to out compete SSC because many will consider both, but I am sure they want to do some special and different to reward their fans AND to stretch their creative muscle.

SSC dynamic pose might turn out pretty awesome, but history has shown us that the paint application will probably be horrible.

I don't think XM has anything to worry about...

loricstone
05-06-2015, 01:04 PM
SSC dynamic pose might turn out pretty awesome, but history has shown us that the paint application will probably be horrible.

I don't think XM has anything to worry about...

XM doesn't have anything to worry about even if it was the best Spidey ever done.

SS ES = 20,000,000
XM ES = 999

Which one do you think will hold its value better and go up in price on the aftermarket?

Thor57
05-06-2015, 01:10 PM
I don't care about ES or future value. I don't buy planning to sell. The fact is this. If SS puts out an 8 on the awesome scale and XM puts out a 10, I will be getting the Sideshow one simply due to cost.

Restinpieces
05-06-2015, 02:10 PM
I don't care about ES or future value. I don't buy planning to sell. The fact is this. If SS puts out an 8 on the awesome scale and XM puts out a 10, I will be getting the Sideshow one simply due to cost.

So if a bazillion ES, depreciation in value, sub par production pieces that fail to meet prototype hype is your thing why are you in an XM thread? I'm confused.

Spidey976
05-06-2015, 04:41 PM
XM doesn't have anything to worry about even if it was the best Spidey ever done.

SS ES = 20,000,000
XM ES = 999

Which one do you think will hold its value better and go up in price on the aftermarket?

Oh XM doesn't have to worry, but a lot of NA collectors will be buying the SSC piece and pass on XM if SSC does the best Spidey ever simply based on cost. It won't hurt XM in anyway as Spidey is probably already presoldout...lol

Spidey976
05-06-2015, 04:45 PM
So if a bazillion ES, depreciation in value, sub par production pieces that fail to meet prototype hype is your thing why are you in an XM thread? I'm confused.

SSC has turned out some great pieces as of late... So assuming something is going to be riddled with problems is just that ... An assumption.

entrari
05-07-2015, 03:45 PM
I'd buy both. Blindly. ES doesn't really matter.

Sharkey
05-07-2015, 03:54 PM
I'd buy both. Blindly. ES doesn't really matter.

For Spidey, and give then recent record on spidermen? Sure I'd be down for that.

Thor57
05-07-2015, 04:08 PM

WTF are you talking about? I own 1 XM piece, have 6 on order paid for, and 4 on order awaiting pre order invoices. That's why I'm in the XM forum. But allow me to address your very simple minded post.

1. A bazillion ES: I don't care about ES
2. Depreciate in value: I don't buy with the idea of selling. I buy for my pleasure
3. Sub par production pieces: I said if it was 8 of 10. That's not considered sub par.

So again, if XMs is a 10, and Sideshows is an 8, that's not a big enough gap to convince me to splurge an additional $500 (that number factors in shipping) on the XM piece. I would have those funds available for a piece from XM like the 11 mentioned earlier that I did feel the gap was big enough for me to spend the extra money.

Are you less confused now?

The General
05-07-2015, 04:23 PM
WTF are you talking about? I own 1 XM piece, have 6 on order paid for, and 4 on order awaiting pre order invoices. That's why I'm in the XM forum. But allow me to address your very simple minded post.

2. Depreciate in value: I don't buy with the idea of selling. I buy for my pleasure
3. Sub par production pieces: I said if it was 8 of 10. That's not considered sub par.

So again, if XMs is a 10, and Sideshows is an 8, that's not a big enough gap to convince me to splurge an additional $500 (that number factors in shipping) on the XM piece. I would have those funds available for a piece from XM like the 11 mentioned earlier that I did feel the gap was big enough for me to spend the extra money.

Exactly. My kind of collector.:thumbs2:

Spidey976
05-07-2015, 05:05 PM

Best post ever.... Lol. A true collector who can look a piece for the art of it... Not the resale value.

built2shred
05-07-2015, 05:54 PM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm173/Monoth/AS%20Girly%20Men%202.jpg

I ked I ked :)

Sharkey
05-07-2015, 06:53 PM

:buttrock: Good man! How a collector should view it.

Y3E
05-07-2015, 09:23 PM

Thor I shall drink a meade to thee tonight