PDA

View Full Version : XM Studios Daredevil 1/4 Scale

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

FETTFAN
03-18-2016, 02:56 PM
Firstly, the legs of Hawkeye and DD are spot on....These are 3D digitally done. So when you build a character...the main thing one does before posing a statue is construct the character in a T pose first and then make sure arms, legs, practically everything is mirrored.

So the length of the leg of the Hawkeye that is extended is pretty much the same as the one bent. I just did a measurement on the legs of DD and voila!! they are the same length. This is why I am so baffled with some making the comment about SS Evil Lyn legs looking short when in fact they are not. It is the other garments and the lighting in the pics that give that impression.

If it's one thing these digitial artists do first is get proportions and measurements of limbs equal to both sides....once that is done...then they go into the pose.

So suffice it to say...what some WANT TO SEE as an issue is in actuality not an issue.

Hawkeye was fine, just like DD. My suggestion would be to own the statue first, then go from there.

As for the head size...looks fine to me, but, some may want more head than others. :D I fully understand.

Owned Hawkeye and my main issues was the size of the head seemed small, whilst his feet looked too big.

In regards to Daredevil I will wait and see when he turns up. As I say some pieces are perfect in proportion, others in my humble opinion are not. And I have these in my collection.

But I fully understand what you are saying regarding the digital renderings.

I have the same concerns regarding the Prime 1 Arkham Knight Batman even though I have it on order and I am looking forward to receiving them.

candyrocket786
03-18-2016, 03:09 PM
Firstly, the legs of Hawkeye and DD are spot on....These are 3D digitally done. So when you build a character...the main thing one does before posing a statue is construct the character in a T pose first and then make sure arms, legs, practically everything is mirrored.

So the length of the leg of the Hawkeye that is extended is pretty much the same as the one bent. I just did a measurement on the legs of DD and voila!! they are the same length. This is why I am so baffled with some making the comment about SS Evil Lyn legs looking short when in fact they are not. It is the other garments and the lighting in the pics that give that impression.

If it's one thing these digitial artists do first is get proportions and measurements of limbs equal to both sides....once that is done...then they go into the pose.

So suffice it to say...what some WANT TO SEE as an issue is in actuality not an issue.

Hawkeye was fine, just like DD. My suggestion would be to own the statue first, then go from there.

As for the head size...looks fine to me, but, some may want more head than others. :D I fully understand.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/aa/aa38095b_Michael-Scott-The-Office-Thats-What-She-Said-Meme.jpeg

SONICobra
03-18-2016, 03:20 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aYD_hsnReD0/VuO1GLq13PI/AAAAAAAALpQ/2rEBKC_FMRggYtyR71n7lTXgrXR6-anwACCo/s1600-Ic42/IMG_4242-001.jpg

Watch the SF video review HERE (https://youtu.be/fremPh4hZNo)

great pic, he looks majestic. gonna check out the review first thing when I get home tonight

SideShowJoe
That's what she said then that's what he said ;). Lol

loricstone
Owned Hawkeye and my main issues was the size of the head seemed small, whilst his feet looked too big.

In regards to Daredevil I will wait and see when he turns up. As I say some pieces are perfect in proportion, others in my humble opinion are not. And I have these in my collection.

But I fully understand what you are saying regarding the digital renderings.

I have the same concerns regarding the Prime 1 Arkham Knight Batman even though I have it on order and I am looking forward to receiving them.

You know its interesting because while BMutha said in his video he thought the unmasked DD head looked smaller than the masked head...I think the exact opposite and I say that because the face of the unmasked head is more rounded (fuller). The masked head DD is thinner...his cheeks don't seem as poochy. I'll take a pic of the two together...I'm now curious to see what they look like side by side.

MrJones
03-18-2016, 03:55 PM
All I know... is after 4 episodes so far of Season 2, I wish I had a Daredevil statue LOL

loricstone
03-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Ok...so I took some pics of XM heads from various characters...and only one pic of SS head. I only own two SS statues currently Pinhead PF and Queen of the Dead PF.

I don't know about anyone else, but from what I see, I think the unmasked head is slightly bigger than the masked head.

IMO, the masked head could been a little bigger. IN fact, the Hawkeye head either looks too big or is perfect and DD masked head is too small...but whatever the case, something's got to give.

OR

Maybe we all are looking at things too hard and with too much of a fine microscope. Clearly, IMO, the Hulk head is the biggest of the four (which should be the case seeing he is the biggest...followed by Thanos, Hawkeye, then DD. Honestly, I think we look to hard to try and find flaws instead of appreciating what is there. In terms of proportion....I think the Hawkeye is smack dab on perfect quite honestly (feet, legs, head, hands, etc.). As phenomenal as I think DD is (best DD by far IMO), the masked head could stand to be a a little bigger.

Interestingly, the Pinhead 1/4 isn't too different from the others. Its a little bigger than DD and about the same size as Hawkeye. Soooo, which one is right? wrong? Could it be Pinhead's head is too big? Just right? Too small even?

What I find interesting is....Black Bolt's head is smaller than DD, but I haven't heard any mention of his head being small? Why is that? Perception? Familiarity of character? Who's right? Who's wrong?:inquisiti

I can tell you this...DD, Black Bolt, Hulk, Hawkeye, Pinhead are all breathtaking statues IMO, and they are all perfect for WHAT THEY ARE. I'm not going to go over analytical and breakdown toe or finger sizes when these are statues, and as long as its roughly the same, I'm all good. I can get super technical and break down any statue and show and reveal all it's flaws if I choose...but I don't. If you only focus on the flaws...how can we appreciate what's done well. That is why I like some people's reviews (video) who cover both positive and negative or rather aspects of a statue they would like to see changed.

http://i67.tinypic.com/34dopk9.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/ok0pj7.jpg

candyrocket786
03-18-2016, 04:12 PM
I think it's MM's glasses and the sculpted hair that makes the unmasked head a little bigger.

Bmutha
03-18-2016, 04:19 PM
You know its interesting because while BMutha said in his video he thought the unmasked DD head looked smaller than the masked head...I think the exact opposite and I say that because the face of the unmasked head is more rounded (fuller). The masked head DD is thinner...his cheeks don't seem as poochy. I'll take a pic of the two together...I'm now curious to see what they look like side by side.

I was talking about the masked head.

Python
03-18-2016, 04:20 PM
I'm not even a fan of the character, but this looks excellent to me! If I had easy access to one, I'd likely buy it...

FETTFAN
03-18-2016, 04:27 PM
Ok...so I took some pics of XM heads from various characters...and only one pic of SS head. I only own two SS statues currently Pinhead PF and Queen of the Dead PF.

I don't know about anyone else, but from what I see, I think the unmasked head is slightly bigger than the masked head.

IMO, the masked head could been a little bigger. IN fact, the Hawkeye head either looks too big or is perfect and DD masked head is too small...but whatever the case, something's got to give.

OR

Maybe we all are looking at things too hard and with too much of a fine microscope. Clearly, IMO, the Hulk head is the biggest of the four (which should be the case seeing he is the biggest...followed by Thanos, Hawkeye, then DD. Honestly, I think we look to hard to try and find flaws instead of appreciating what is there. In terms of proportion....I think the Hawkeye is smack dab on perfect quite honestly (feet, legs, head, hands, etc.). As phenomenal as I think DD is (best DD by far IMO), the masked head could stand to be a a little bigger.

Interestingly, the Pinhead 1/4 isn't too different from the others. Its a little bigger than DD and about the same size as Hawkeye. Soooo, which one is right? wrong? Could it be Pinhead's head is too big? Just right? Too small even?

What I find interesting is....Black Bolt's head is smaller than DD, but I haven't heard any mention of his head being small? Why is that? Perception? Familiarity of character? Who's right? Who's wrong?:inquisiti

I can tell you this...DD, Black Bolt, Hulk, Hawkeye, Pinhead are all breathtaking statues IMO, and they are all perfect for WHAT THEY ARE. I'm not going to go over analytical and breakdown toe or finger sizes when these are statues, and as long as its roughly the same, I'm all good. I can get super technical and break down any statue and show and reveal all it's flaws if I choose...but I don't. If you only focus on the flaws...how can we appreciate what's done well. That is why I like some people's reviews (video) who cover both positive and negative or rather aspects of a statue they would like to see changed.

Interesting to hear Black Bolt's head is smaller than Daredevil's as I think Black Bolts proportions look fine, but I have only set it up once. As you say photo's can be deceptive and everyone has different opinions which I fully respect and what makes the hobby interesting.

SONICobra
03-18-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm not even a fan of the character, but this looks excellent to me! If I had easy access to one, I'd likely buy it...

:eek: :stick:

:wink2:

loricstone
03-18-2016, 04:39 PM
I was talking about the masked head.

My bad bro...I guess I heard one thing and was thinking something else. Anytime I hear about head I get a little happy.:D

Comicbookguy
03-18-2016, 04:42 PM

OR

That head is so small. Only reason I didn't want a pinhead was he was too small in scale next to the other ss horror. It just didn't feel good to men with him being so small. The daredevil head looks so small in these pics. Hmmmm

Python
03-18-2016, 04:42 PM
:eek: :stick:

:wink2:

Just not my thing, although my only real experience with him is the Affleck movie which clearly isn't a good basis for judgment. This is a piece of art however..

SONICobra
03-18-2016, 04:45 PM
just messin bro, not everythings for everyone however DD wasn't even on my radar until I picked up the run of smith / bendis / brubaker now hes in my top 3 favorite characters. so if youre into comics I would recommend checking those out, also the miller stuff is great as well :thumbs2:

Redpower
03-18-2016, 04:47 PM
such a good caracter this guy!!!! Like it
Beautiful statue

rhy
03-18-2016, 07:17 PM
You'll see what you want to see. From all the pics and videos readily available DD's head is proportion to the rest of its body.

risingstar
03-18-2016, 07:55 PM
such a good caracter this guy!!!! Like it
Beautiful statue

It absolutely is.

risingstar
03-18-2016, 07:55 PM

I totally recommend it.

risingstar
03-18-2016, 07:58 PM
XM Studios - Daredevil statue - Statueforum review is up!

Check it out! Over 40 pics posted!
Comments and feedback are totally welcome!

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=5216471#post5216471

http://s6.postimg.org/lcenyjk75/dd23b.jpg

risingstar
03-18-2016, 09:38 PM
http://s6.postimg.org/6zbkpd4ht/dd10.jpg

loricstone
03-18-2016, 10:49 PM
That Black Widow / DD pic looked awesome together! After seeing this...I think that Elektra is going to surprise me with how good she will look. Still debating if I should get her or not.

risingstar
03-18-2016, 11:21 PM
That Black Widow / DD pic looked awesome together! After seeing this...I think that Elektra is going to surprise me with how good she will look. Still debating if I should get her or not.

Thanks! I call this one the Mufizal grand slam.

http://s6.postimg.org/p8icjo9hd/dd5e.jpg

SideShowJoe
03-18-2016, 11:48 PM
After seeing both portraits daredevil with mask off does look smaller than it should be IMO! But I would never display that portrait and it would be mint in box until end of time...

Daredevil looks great in your pics Rstar!

Congrats

gorocketcat
03-19-2016, 12:12 AM
Got mine today. There's no point in posting pictures since there are already more than enough in this thread, and all better quality than I could post anyway.

He's a very cool piece. And I'm riding the Daredevil hype right now, so am loving it. The only complaint I have is that I don't completely love how XM does portraits. There's always something funny about the sculpt and paint job they apply, but the rest is phenomenal.

Wish that getting XM pieces wasn't so expensive, since it really makes me question "is he worth that high price".

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/1917684_10156797445510121_5429030930311327_n.jpg?oh=67f8b01ad21f375d65bb6988b79d94df&oe=57545C7C

He looks pretty great in my Marvel movie/tv lineup...even if he is kinda off to the side lol.

Thewh
03-19-2016, 01:15 AM
Wow. Seems like everyone is getting theirs and I've yet to to get mine :/

rhy
03-19-2016, 02:52 AM
Congrats Goroketcat!
The only complaint I have is that I don't completely love how XM does portraits. There's always something funny about the sculpt and paint job they apply
How so?

Redpower
03-19-2016, 04:39 AM
congrets risingstar
this Matt Murdock is marvellous and without talking about heads for me, everything is fine because i thing this piece is new art and continue to bring xm sculpt to the next level.
Mufizal, flawless victory

gorocketcat
03-19-2016, 05:38 AM
Congrats Goroketcat!

How so?

I don't care for the style. There's something off about the human heads. And I'm not a huge fan of how they paint faces either. The lips are always far too pronounced, like they're wearing lipstick. Daredevil has a touch of this.

I may get just the flesh parts repainted since it isn't my style, but the rest is painted really well.

It's a very cool piece, and if you're a fan of Daredevil then I can't see you being displeased.

XMAN
03-19-2016, 10:13 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aYD_hsnReD0/VuO1GLq13PI/AAAAAAAALpQ/2rEBKC_FMRggYtyR71n7lTXgrXR6-anwACCo/s1600-Ic42/IMG_4242-001.jpg

Watch the SF video review HERE (https://youtu.be/fremPh4hZNo)

Excellent review for an amazing piece:drinking:

built2shred
03-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Just got my shipping notice on DD, Woot !!!

rhy
03-20-2016, 11:25 AM
I am so ready for DD...Eta Monday

AC_808
03-20-2016, 12:35 PM
Hell, I'm ready for DD and Elektra.

Unfortunately, still waiting ....:inquisiti

risingstar
03-21-2016, 11:06 AM
http://s6.postimg.org/nc9yxxgjl/dd35.jpg

http://s6.postimg.org/rmomtilmp/dd36.jpg

yipkusing
03-21-2016, 12:08 PM
I am bursting with jealousy. Congrats to all who were able to order one!

Redpower
03-21-2016, 12:32 PM
This sculpt is very particular and marvelous.
When you look at that piece it is immediately wow by the realism,very unique,contemporary art.
Stand out from xm statues for me.

nearmint
03-21-2016, 01:12 PM
Saw this repaint job on Facebook. Not sure how I feel about it. I like the stained-glass effect, but wish XM had used actual stained glass in the statue, as they're doing with Elektra.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j321/nearmint1/ddrepaint_zpsmcnxuwuq.jpg

toe
03-21-2016, 01:12 PM
Yup. My first XM regret :(

Python
03-21-2016, 01:16 PM
It's a great quality paint up, but I prefer the red outfit.

IzeroI
03-21-2016, 01:16 PM
That repaint came out really great

GrumpyBear
03-21-2016, 01:18 PM
Would be very nice, but XM mentioned the place was to little for stained glass.

risingstar
03-21-2016, 01:32 PM
Would be very nice, but XM mentioned the place was to little for stained glass.

Oh, they did? I thought it was a design choice.
Good to know. :)

GrumpyBear
03-21-2016, 01:41 PM
Oh, they did? I thought it was a design choice.
Good to know. :)

I´m sure i read it somewhere in the past, but don´t ask me where. :)

AC_808
03-21-2016, 02:11 PM
Saw this repaint job on Facebook. Not sure how I feel about it. I like the stained-glass effect, but wish XM had used actual stained glass in the statue, as they're doing with Elektra.

I hope the owner likes it.

Personally, I don't like the color choice on the repaint. I prefer the original. And I don't like the colors on the stain glass, either.

ambasah
03-21-2016, 02:13 PM
I am tempted to get a second one to have painted yellow. Just not sure how difficult it would be to re-sculpt his logo.

loricstone
03-21-2016, 02:31 PM
No need for that when XM will more than likely do a Yellow suit version of DD in a DIFFERENT POSE in a few years...provided they still have the Marvel license (hopefully worldwide) at the time.

Of course...by that time...statues may go up another $300 - $500 at which time I will be out of this hobby.

Redpower
03-21-2016, 03:25 PM
I will be out too even now when i pay Xm statues i wonder myself about that prices!!

MrJones
03-21-2016, 04:14 PM
It's a great quality paint up, but I prefer the red outfit.

That's how I feel as well

rhy
03-21-2016, 05:23 PM

Nice repaitn, it reminds me of the time when Mat took over as leader of the Hand...Good stuff
http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/f/a0/4c378cfc94aae.jpg

Peedi
03-22-2016, 06:50 AM
True. It is like the Shadow Land costume.

Because of this XM version's gloves and boots it would've been better to leave them red so it'd be more like his current costume.

Similar to the Hand costume but more red left in.

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/styles/width_1280/public/Daredevil_1_Christopher_Action_Figure_Variant.jpg?itok=pBpHrz4C

rhy
03-23-2016, 03:11 AM
Shadowland is a cool story arc. Guys if you want to see DD turn into a total bad ass, support your LCS and pickup/order a paperback copy of Shadowland. Interesting read.

risingstar
03-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Check out the statueforum review of this awesome statue!

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=154514

SDguy
03-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Finally!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1472/26031347552_bde8270d17_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1530/25851004410_12ea4d1b2d_b.jpg

SONICobra
03-29-2016, 08:33 PM
Shadowland is a cool story arc. Guys if you want to see DD turn into a total bad ass, support your LCS and pickup/order a paperback copy of Shadowland. Interesting read.

ive always heard only negative things about shadowland, hmm interesting :thinking:

Bmutha
03-29-2016, 11:07 PM
ive always heard only negative things about shadowland, hmm interesting :thinking:

It was a good concept, but poorly executed, imo. It should have been a bigger event than it was.

rhy
03-30-2016, 02:42 AM
It's all subjective. If you start w/ Daredevil: The Devil's Hand as the precursor to Shadowland, you'll get a better feel of the story arc. After Shadowland try Daredevil: Shadowland, and the events of Shadowland start to make sense. IMO, it was an interesting read :)

Redpower
03-30-2016, 04:25 AM
Congrats SDguy for DD

Demona
03-30-2016, 08:18 AM
The more pics I see, I really like the reds they used on him.

I haven't many seen images with the Matt Murdock head. How did that turn out in person because I think it looks pretty good in photos. A total upgrade from the previewed image that we were concerned about lol

generalzodlives
03-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Mine is on the way! I was hoping it'd get here this week but may not arrive til Monday.

petitout31
03-30-2016, 11:09 AM
he's wonderful congrats guys :)

SONICobra
03-30-2016, 12:14 PM
It's all subjective. If you start w/ Daredevil: The Devil's Hand as the precursor to Shadowland, you'll get a better feel of the story arc. After Shadowland try Daredevil: Shadowland, and the events of Shadowland start to make sense. IMO, it was an interesting read :)

hmm maybe ill pick it up then, I didn't think devils hand was all that bad - definitely have read better DD stories but my guy at the lcs said it only goes downhill from there. ill check it out now, thanks guys :thumbs2:

MrJones
03-30-2016, 02:22 PM
If this guy is available at a reasonable price down the road I think I'll have to pick him up. He will look too good beside XM Kingpin ;)

Redpower
03-30-2016, 03:10 PM
He will look sooo good also besides iron fist and maybe in a near futur Luke Cage!!

SDguy
03-30-2016, 07:16 PM
They did such a great job with this piece!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1651/26116019676_5845f91af5_b.jpg

Redpower
03-31-2016, 02:21 PM
Waiting mine, this piece tell a long thing, very well sculpt
Flawless paint

SDguy
03-31-2016, 06:48 PM
I've been showing co-workers some of these pics. They refuse to believe that this is a fully sculpted statue, and it isn't covered in real leather of some kind LOL.

XMAN
03-31-2016, 08:16 PM
Congrats SD.....I'm still waiting for mine.

SDguy
03-31-2016, 09:23 PM
Congrats SD.....I'm still waiting for mine.

Thanks, and you will not be disappointed!

rhy
04-05-2016, 03:15 AM
Finally got a chance to unbox this piece, simply captivating, definitely an instant classic.

rhy
04-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Will post pics this weekend but before I do. The question needs to be asked, where's Bulsleye?

loricstone
04-05-2016, 01:21 PM
He's in the works I would reckon. Time will tell.

rhy
04-05-2016, 03:34 PM
He's in the works I would reckon. Time will tell.
DD vs Bullseye, now thats something that's long overdue.

I am loving XM, no hype just high quality statues. Please excuse the mess, the white specks are not paint flaws just styrofoam debris. The shading is amazing, it truly accentuates the finer details of the sclupt. The texturing throughout Matt's costume gives it a nice sense of realism. Can't wait for the weekend so I can properly display this bad boy...https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1717/25984921180_a0ac406dfb_k.jpg
XM great work! Can't wait for the rest of the street level characters

SDguy
04-08-2016, 09:25 PM
Did a few closer shots.... love this piece!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1628/26224473362_75c6d6b8db_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1575/25712020094_d330e569bd_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1580/26291027826_f35386b6e1_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1539/26044106330_859ba8f7c9_b.jpg

Unknown Hero
04-13-2016, 09:58 AM
So XM Admin is processing my order and claim to have sent me my invoice. They have sent my order number to include when I make my payment, but no invoice. I've asked three times about the invoice and have been told it was sent. Communication was fairly consistent, but after my last email request for them to forward me the original invoice with the invoice attached I haven't received a response.

Did everyone receive an attached invoice or was it a paypal invoice?

Demona
04-13-2016, 10:51 AM
To tell the truth, I never paid attention to the type of invoice -- I just paid and eagerly awaiting DHL to bring my statue to me.

Just took a look -- I got an actual invoice attached to with my email. After paying, I received only the paypal notification that I paid.

Unknown Hero
04-13-2016, 11:07 AM
Thanks!

shorudan
04-13-2016, 11:53 AM
So XM Admin is processing my order and claim to have sent me my invoice. They have sent my order number to include when I make my payment, but no invoice. I've asked three times about the invoice and have been told it was sent. Communication was fairly consistent, but after my last email request for them to forward me the original invoice with the invoice attached I haven't received a response.

Did everyone receive an attached invoice or was it a paypal invoice?

Hey buddy, forward your emails to me. bryan@xm-studios.com. I'll check and see if everything is alright. If we stuffed up, I'm leaving thumb tacks on the Admin's chair when she's not watching.

Unknown Hero
04-13-2016, 03:43 PM
Hey buddy, forward your emails to me. bryan@xm-studios.com. I'll check and see if everything is alright. If we stuffed up, I'm leaving thumb tacks on the Admin's chair when she's not watching.

Email sent! Thanks Bryan!

rhy
04-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Unknown, Congrats! This statue is simply captivating.

Redpower
04-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Captivating, it s the word, got it rhy

toe
04-14-2016, 05:47 PM
Great statue. XM DD and Hardhero DD are the best

Finally!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1472/26031347552_bde8270d17_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1530/25851004410_12ea4d1b2d_b.jpg

Riceboy909
04-15-2016, 01:33 AM

I haven't received any invoice either after I put down the deposit, should I be worried too? I ordered it directly from XM, seeing a lot of people already received their DD statue already, I am just wondering.

Unknown Hero
04-15-2016, 02:02 AM
I haven't received any invoice either after I put down the deposit, should I be worried too? I ordered it directly from XM, seeing a lot of people already received their DD statue already, I am just wondering.

My situation was after they contacted me with an invoice number which was last week. Weeks well after these were hitting collectors hands. These are being released in batches. I wouldn't worry.

Kitsune
04-15-2016, 02:10 AM
Wonderful piece !!!!

rhy
04-15-2016, 03:10 AM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1624/26346514662_0635aae15d_b.jpg
Thank you XM!

Khufu
04-15-2016, 07:52 AM
After oohing and aahing over everyone's pics, I finally got my shipping notice today! I can't wait to get this bad boy home and setup.

GrumpyBear
04-15-2016, 08:18 AM
I don´t own this piece, but thx for the pictures. Looks so great!

generalzodlives
04-15-2016, 09:10 AM
I haven't taken pics yet, but mine arrived. Absolutely blows me away. I was really surprised at how massive the entire statue is with the base. I think my Daredevil box was bigger than my Thanos box.

SDguy
04-15-2016, 09:11 AM
I haven't taken pics yet, but mine arrived. Absolutely blows me away. I was really surprised at how massive the entire statue is with the base. I think my Daredevil box was bigger than my Thanos box.

Congrats!!

loricstone
04-15-2016, 12:03 PM
Wait until the big metal boys start to arrive!!!!:thumbs2:

Or how about the fantastical characters coming soon to you?!!

Or how about some tendrils and spider-like things??? (Well that's a hope for the future for me at least)

rhy
04-16-2016, 05:21 AM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1464/26364733012_2b9d68ccc6_h.jpg
The texturing on the costume is simply mind blowing. If you're one of those guys who likes to stare at statues, this one will never get old.

Redpower
04-16-2016, 06:13 AM
Piece like this bring collectibles to news levels.

AC_808
04-16-2016, 11:51 AM
And it's pics like these that are bittersweet ...sweet to look at, but bitter cause I'm still waiting for mine.

Redpower
04-16-2016, 01:02 PM
I m still waiting too. Have no habit to post pics, i don t know how.
I thing i will try one day, i want...

wolf-brother
04-16-2016, 01:57 PM
Congrats to all receiving their DD! :thumbs2:

Redpower
04-16-2016, 02:53 PM
Can't get ride of looking these pics, truly remarcable sculpt and statue...

DARK3N
04-16-2016, 06:44 PM
I received it the other day and I must say it's the best statue I've ever seen. The details, the paint, the pose, everything is just perfect. Being DD my favorite Marvel character I really couldn't be more happier with it.
If you love DD this is simply a must-buy, the definitive statue of him.
I could take a few pictures in the next days but I'm not really sure since they wouldn't look as good as the ones some of you have already posted!

This was also my first XM statue and now I totally understand all the hype they get, they deserve it all. From the packaging to the statue everything was just so beautiful

generalzodlives
04-18-2016, 09:28 AM
I received it the other day and I must say it's the best statue I've ever seen. The details, the paint, the pose, everything is just perfect. Being DD my favorite Marvel character I really couldn't be more happier with it.
I could take a few pictures in the next days but I'm not really sure since they wouldn't look as good as the ones some of you have already posted!

This was also my first XM statue and now I totally understand all the hype they get, they deserve it all. From the packaging to the statue everything was just so beautiful

That's what I tell everyone when they ask me about an XM statue. From the box to the statue, every single bit of what you receive feels like a premium collectible.

Demona
04-18-2016, 10:31 AM

Welcome to the club, happy to have another member :)

And I, too, never take pics because I feel they won't do the statue justice and we have such great photogs on the forum :)

rhy
04-18-2016, 10:51 AM
That's what I tell everyone when they ask me about an XM statue. From the box to the statue, every single bit of what you receive feels like a premium collectible.
This! Their production pieces are the best I've seen from any company.

built2shred
04-22-2016, 02:13 AM
My contact accidently sent me two XM Daredevil statues... lucky for him I'm a honest guy :) PM if anyone is interested in it.

Redpower
04-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Got my shipping notice, ;)

Armored_Berserk
04-22-2016, 04:19 PM
Mine is coming next week, woohoo!

wanderlai
04-22-2016, 04:46 PM
My contact accidently sent me two XM Daredevil statues... lucky for him I'm a honest guy :) PM if anyone is interested in it.

Nice. What'd he have you do?

Redpower
04-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Mine is coming next week, woohoo!

Both next week will enjoy the unboxing ;)

Armored_Berserk
04-23-2016, 04:59 AM
Yeah! Monday for me! :goodpost:

Can someone gives me the size of the shipping box please?

built2shred
04-23-2016, 11:20 AM
Nice. What'd he have you do?

I just bought it from him to resale at the same price, I did it so he wouldn't have to eat the $250+ on shipping..

I figure it's the least I can do since he gets these XM statues for me at retail.

Plus I want to be on his good side when all the Star Wars statues come out :)

DARK3N
04-23-2016, 12:51 PM

65x54.5x35 cm
17 Kg

Armored_Berserk
04-23-2016, 05:35 PM
65x54.5x35 cm
17 Kg

Thanks you very much :buttrock:

Redpower
04-26-2016, 03:47 AM

thumbs2

I just received DD at home ! So now , the best time, the unboxing...

What about you , did get it on Monday ?

Armored_Berserk
04-26-2016, 10:28 AM
thumbs2

I just received DD at home ! So now , the best time, the unboxing...

What about you , did get it on Monday ?

Yes received it yesterday...and it's awesome! :eek: The sculpt, the paint (incredible shades of red on the suit) WOW

The rendition of the suit is really amazing!

But i'm wondering something, is it normal that the left foot doesn't touch the base? There is about 1 or 2 millimeters.

And my only other critic is the head, a little too small.
But the rest of the statue is so awesome that i can pass on it.

I will take pics this week-end

loricstone
04-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Yes received it yesterday...and it's awesome! :eek: The sculpt, the paint (incredible shades of red on the suit) WOW

But i'm wondering something, is it normal that the left foot doesn't touch the base? There is about 1 or 2 millimeters.

And my only other critic is the head, a little too small.
But the rest of the statue is so awesome that i can pass on it.

I will take pics this week-end

Please post pics so we can see what you are referring to?

Also...grats...and yes...the masked head is just a smidge small...but nothing overtly so. No statue is perfect...but this DD is without question the best DD I have ever seen...especially in 1/4 scale.

rhy
04-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Red & Armored, congrats! DD is one good looking statue period.

You're good:
"There's been some comments on Daredevil's left foot peg being visible at certain angles. Please do not be alarmed, this is not a defect and has always been the case even when we show cased DD at events. Please review the image to better understand the design of this piece. No worries on the peg not holding up or DD dropping off either - XM has got you covered."

XM Studios Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/xmstudios/timeline)

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12800196_1651218018432224_1319189378307226789_n.jpg?oh=69662e556f85593ab9578b48ec1b04c2&oe=574D3AF7

AC_808
04-26-2016, 10:41 AM
Good job, rhy!

I was looking for that to post here, but you beat me to it.

MrJones
04-26-2016, 11:02 AM
*sigh*

This will probably be the companion piece to XM Kingpin won't it. Maybe someone will want to offload him in a couple years and I'll snag him up then.

rhy
04-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Good job, rhy!

:thumbs2:, This is one well engineered statue. Great job XM!
*sigh*

This will probably be the companion piece to XM Kingpin won't it. Maybe someone will want to offload him in a couple years and I'll snag him up then.
Kingpin could hold it's own as a nice stand alone piece. As for companions, I'm going to display Mat w/ Moon Knight, Punisher & Ghost Rider.

SDguy
04-26-2016, 11:52 AM

Kingpin could hold it's own as a nice stand alone piece. As for companions, I'm going to display Mat w/ Moon Knight, Punisher & Ghost Rider.

No Elektra?

MrJones
04-26-2016, 11:56 AM

I think for financial, spatial, and marital reasons, I will stick with that line of thinking :thumbs2:

rhy
04-26-2016, 12:25 PM
No Elektra?
My thing w/ Electra is that her arms seem to be posed w/ no true purpose and w/ little to no emotion in her face sculpt that ideal is reinforced all the more so. It's almost as if she looks like a Bishoujo.
I think for financial, spatial, and marital reasons, I will stick with that line of thinking :thumbs2:
I hear that :thumbs2:

twstd
04-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Have this guy coming in a couple weeks, hoping it really does live up to the hype. One thing I think that woulda made this even better was if the circle on the base by his head was stained glass.

loricstone
04-26-2016, 03:08 PM

I'll be displaying DD with Elektra, Bullseye, Mysterio and Spiderman.

Armored_Berserk
04-26-2016, 03:20 PM
Ok so i put again my DD on the base, this time with the right angle and now the heel of the left foot touch te base!

Happy i am ^^

And i'm more than happy since i'm in a Daredevil phase. I love the TV show and i've started to read the comics (Miller's ones)!

Demona
04-26-2016, 03:22 PM
You named two characters we haven't seen. Are you now the official "sneak peak" man who tests our reactions and reports back to XM? :tongue:

rhy
04-27-2016, 04:40 AM
I'll be displaying DD with Elektra, Bullseye, Mysterio and Spiderman.Bullseye! I would love to have DD & Bulls squaring off daily. A setup similar to this:
http://www.maybang.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SS-05-10131-10.jpg
Would never get old.

Redpower
04-27-2016, 05:12 AM
Ok so i put again my DD on the base, this time with the right angle and now the heel of the left foot touch te base!

Happy i am ^^

And i'm more than happy since i'm in a Daredevil phase. I love the TV show and i've started to read the comics (Miller's ones)!

Happy for you, because at that prices, we just want perfect pieces and the best QC.

I have unboxed mine yesterday, the costume and the paint super realistic and like said previously, dynamism and catch eye , so nice this sculpt really, he just ready to kick ass with determination, LIKE IT !!!

Will post pics my set up when will get good pics or will put some cash for getting one, better.

rhy
04-27-2016, 05:13 AM
Congrats Redpower!

Redpower
04-27-2016, 05:39 AM
Thanks rhy

AC_808
04-27-2016, 08:37 AM
Yea, congrats on getting DD, guys!

loricstone
04-27-2016, 11:39 AM
Bullseye! I would love to have DD & Bulls squaring off daily. A setup similar to this:
http://www.maybang.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SS-05-10131-10.jpg
Would never get old.

I can't wait to see XM's Sabretooth!

Thor57
05-04-2016, 10:51 PM
What was average shipping cost from Singapore to the States on this piece? Would love a couple of responses to gauge the average. Trying to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on this guy or not.

jlee504
05-04-2016, 10:57 PM
I overpaid for this statue and have zero regrets. Worth every penny.

Mamba
05-04-2016, 11:00 PM
What was average shipping cost from Singapore to the States on this piece? Would love a couple of responses to gauge the average. Trying to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on this guy or not.

If you do, I have an extra one coming.

Thor57
05-04-2016, 11:11 PM

I don't mind over paying for certain pieces. I'm just not sure DD is a character I'd do that for since he'd just be a purchase to grow my Marvel collection.

loricstone
05-04-2016, 11:40 PM
Hey J, did you get your Thor?

And shipping for DD was somewhere in the area of $250 - $280 ish.

Thor57
05-04-2016, 11:43 PM
Hey J, did you get your Thor?

And shipping for DD was somewhere in the area of $250 - $280 ish.

Not yet. I've talked to my guy numerous times over the past few weeks, so I know he's alive and working. I've come to expect lengthy delays on his end. Super pumped for when it comes though.

generalzodlives
05-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Shipping for mine was about $250. It's surprisingly heavy and the box was bigger than my Thanos box.

SDguy
05-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Shipping was $260ish for mine.

Thor57
05-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Cool, thanks guys.

rhy
05-05-2016, 11:29 AM
You're good, XM's quality speaks for itself, this is the only company I'm willing to pay aftermarket prices for on recent releases.

AC_808
05-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Anybody got theirs from Simply Toys, yet?

generalzodlives
05-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Anybody got theirs from Simply Toys, yet?

I got mine last month from Simply Toys. I hadn't heard anything about this or Thanos so I contacted them to ask if they'd gotten their stock in yet. They responded in a couple days saying they had and a day or so later I got the final invoice for both. Contact them with your order number if you haven't heard from them yet.

AC_808
05-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Alright. I'll do that. Thanks!

Armored_Berserk
05-08-2016, 03:32 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/6615/qxtncp.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/9564/06HQqw.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/3176/u5fYpj.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/8156/ayO06X.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3061/GSOxj1.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/4592/Qe8K0r.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/346/QlIhxK.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/200/aYfmeK.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/3613/kb5DQd.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/3105/vmnZ0q.jpg

Armored_Berserk
05-08-2016, 03:33 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/5352/kKVnIS.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1174/yovF8T.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3248/F6qHKq.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/7398/AGieIb.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/148/qmCiEQ.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/9954/pcxAfD.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/5393/hJHmBQ.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/6994/ncwXpr.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/2607/jAr8i9.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/6153/tn5114.jpg

Armored_Berserk
05-08-2016, 03:33 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/2361/iC0ZNx.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/5055/aKNhxO.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4684/zvkdRH.jpg

GrumpyBear
05-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Best DD, no doubt. Thx for the pictures.

Redpower
05-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Thanks AB.
Great pics optimised by the sun, really nice.

chronos1919
05-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Great pics. Makes me regret passing on this piece. That price though.

yipkusing
05-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Those pics from Nikdon D4S are so clean!

gorocketcat
05-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Nice pictures!

Months later, the new statue glow has disappeared from my Daredevil, but I'm still quite happy with him. The face is a bit plain though. XM is very hit/miss with faces. I like their Hawkeye and Thanos quite a bit, but Daredevil seems a bit too simple.

I still like it a lot though. Have no intention of selling it.

PacMan3000
08-01-2016, 07:31 PM
For anyone that has this Daredevil statue, how poseable is the wire? Can you easily pose it very high or very low? It's hard to discern how malleable it is from the video reviews I've watched.

Thanks.

loricstone
08-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Low malleability. Very little poseability, if any. I wouldn't test it.

lucifixion
08-01-2016, 08:26 PM
I bent mine quite a bit with no issues. It's just braided metal wire.

loricstone
08-02-2016, 12:28 AM
I bent mine quite a bit with no issues. It's just braided metal wire.

Well that's good to know. I just felt the wire had little to no give as it was thicker and stronger than the wire traditionally used by SS in their mixed media capes.

SDguy
08-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Well that's good to know. I just felt the wire had little to no give as it was thicker and stronger than the wire traditionally used by SS in their mixed media capes.

It is difficult to bend it and make it look nice and smooth. Everyone I've seen that bent theirs... you can tell ;) I personally would not bend it, unless you plan to spend the time to REALLY smooth it out and make it look nice. Otherwise it cheapens the look of the statue, IMO.

lucifixion
08-02-2016, 11:37 AM
It is difficult to bend it and make it look nice and smooth. Everyone I've seen that bent theirs... you can tell ;) I personally would not bend it, unless you plan to spend the time to REALLY smooth it out and make it look nice. Otherwise it cheapens the look of the statue, IMO.

You definitely have to roll it along your fingers to get the right curves. If it weren't so difficult to post pictures here, I would show mine.

jfyahui
08-02-2016, 09:44 PM
http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97334&stc=1&d=1470188071

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97334&stc=1&d=1470188148

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97334&stc=1&d=1470188240

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97334&stc=1&d=1470188331

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97334&stc=1&d=1470188444

So another great statue to add to my xm collection,
I twisted the cable on the clubs to match how xm displayed him,you can bend it easly,

jfyahui
08-02-2016, 09:47 PM
http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97335&stc=1&d=1470188814

SDguy
08-03-2016, 12:11 AM
Like I said, the stretch on yours right in front of his torso could still use some work.

lucifixion
08-03-2016, 08:33 AM
I think sometimes in pictures, if you have small curves in the wire, they look almost flat or kinked. Looking at my pictures, it certainly does near the left hand, but in person, it's actually another smooth, forward loop. You would probably need a video 360 to really see it properly.

jfyahui
08-03-2016, 07:41 PM
Like I said, the stretch on yours right in front of his torso could still use some work.

True,I did notice it,but was not too bothered,when I'm back I think I will smooth it a little more!

Smooth Criminal
08-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Going to unbox this bad boy today

PacMan3000
08-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Just got this today. Not sure if it's because it's my first XM statue, or maybe because I'm still a bit new to the world of statue collecting, but I am in awe of this thing. I cannot get over its size, heft, dynamic pose, and the consistent quality--from top to bottom--when it comes to the paint.

Even opening the box--the straps, artwork, and freakin' photos of where all the pieces are within the styrofoam is just top of the class.

I had seen all the videos and tons of photos for weeks--months really--but I was still shocked by the size and quality of it in person. This is such a great piece.

Question though--how flush is the cathedral part of the statue supposed to be to the top part of the base? I had thought it would go 100% flush, but it doesn't look like it does (well, it's close to being flush, but sort of like the leg peg, it feels like a bit is sticking out. My guess is it's normal, but I wanted to check.

Cali604
08-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Congrats man! You can only truly know how good an XM statue is after owning one. They are another level!

loricstone
08-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Just got this today. Not sure if it's because it's my first XM statue, or maybe because I'm still a bit new to the world of statue collecting, but I am in awe of this thing. I cannot get over its size, heft, dynamic pose, and the consistent quality--from top to bottom--when it comes to the paint.

Even opening the box--the straps, artwork, and freakin' photos of where all the pieces are within the styrofoam is just top of the class.

I had seen all the videos and tons of photos for weeks--months really--but I was still shocked by the size and quality of it in person. This is such a great piece.

Question though--how flush is the cathedral part of the statue supposed to be to the top part of the base? I had thought it would go 100% flush, but it doesn't look like it does (well, it's close to being flush, but sort of like the leg peg, it feels like a bit is sticking out. My guess is it's normal, but I wanted to check.

A quick crappy phone pic would help in answering this question. The cathedral part should be flush with the base.

PacMan3000
08-11-2016, 05:27 PM
I actually watched a quick YouTube video and compared it to mine, and mine definitely wasn't all the way connected. So I got it out (it felt sort of stuck a bit) and then re-did the install and it's perfectly flush :buttrock:

SDguy
08-11-2016, 06:33 PM

Congrats!! I felt the same way I opened my first XM piece, and this piece is definitely a star in my collection.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1575/25712020094_d330e569bd_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1443/25714115113_8f0e83e96d_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1580/26291027826_f35386b6e1_b.jpg

SDguy
08-11-2016, 06:40 PM
I think sometimes in pictures, if you have small curves in the wire, they look almost flat or kinked. Looking at my pictures, it certainly does near the left hand, but in person, it's actually another smooth, forward loop. You would probably need a video 360 to really see it properly.

IMO once you start bending such a stiff wire, you really need to spend a lot of time getting the curves right (if possible), because the curve may only look good from one angle. Apologies, and no offense, but the wire in your pic looks like it could use quite a bit of work...

lucifixion
08-11-2016, 07:11 PM
IMO once you start bending such a stiff wire, you really need to spend a lot of time getting the curves right (if possible), because the curve may only look good from one angle. Apologies, and no offense, but the wire in your pic looks like it could use quite a bit of work...

Actually, it's pretty much perfect. I'm not concerned how it looks in pictures since I only look at it in person, and it's exceptional. That's why I wrote what I wrote. Perfection in person, but when you create a 2D interpretation of something that is inherently 3D, you completely lose the look.

SDguy
08-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Actually, it's pretty much perfect. I'm not concerned how it looks in pictures since I only look at it in person, and it's exceptional. That's why I wrote what I wrote. Perfection in person, but when you create a 2D interpretation of something that is inherently 3D, you completely lose the look.

That's cool, whatever you say. My point was more for people that might read this thread and want to bend theirs... it's not easy to make it look good. No interest in making you change your mind, especially if you are happy with it. :)

lucifixion
08-11-2016, 07:59 PM
I didn't think you were. I'm just saying that there's a big difference between a flat picture and reality. A picture is incapable of determining an even forward curve, whereas the eye can do this no problem. And I don't disagree it takes time. I rolled mine along the fat rubber handle of a screwdriver. It was tapered so it allowed for different degree curves without linking the wire. No one should bend it with just their fingers because it will become kinked.

I just couldn't look at the, what I consider, big, goofy loops you get without bending it. I'd almost rather it kinked up like in the art print...almost.

SDguy
08-11-2016, 08:04 PM
I didn't think you were. I'm just saying that there's a big difference between a flat picture and reality. A picture is incapable of determining an even forward curve, whereas the eye can do this no problem. And I don't disagree it takes time. I rolled mine along the fat rubber handle of a screwdriver. It was tapered so it allowed for different degree curves without linking the wire. No one should bend it with just their fingers because it will become kinked.

I just couldn't look at the, what I consider, big, goofy loops you get without bending it. I'd almost rather it kinked up like in the art print...almost.

Thanks for the clarification.

lucifixion
08-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Yeah. You know how when something strikes you a certain way, you just can't unsee it, and that's all you think about. When I first set it up without bending it like in your pictures, it hit me that it looked like he was jumping rope, and that was that for me. :thumbsdow

SDguy
08-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Yeah. You know how when something strikes you a certain way, you just can't unsee it, and that's all you think about. When I first set it up without bending it like in your pictures, it hit me that it looked like he was jumping rope, and that was that for me. :thumbsdow

Yup, I understand.

MrJones
08-12-2016, 10:36 AM

Love that feeling :cool:

Congrats

Smooth Criminal
08-31-2016, 02:34 AM
Finally had time to setup this guy, love the details on the suit, I know its a modern take on it but damn did XM Kill it on deals, QC is amazing as usual love how the building has a wet look to it xm killed it on that, I'm probably never going to use the unmasked head though and love the lion base easily 10/10 for me as it catches daredevil in full for me!

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/amandeepnijjar87/D1_zps0exkowaz.jpg (http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/amandeepnijjar87/media/D1_zps0exkowaz.jpg.html)

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/amandeepnijjar87/D3_zpszmsl6vny.jpg (http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/amandeepnijjar87/media/D3_zpszmsl6vny.jpg.html)

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/amandeepnijjar87/D2_zpsydpwv07d.jpg (http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/amandeepnijjar87/media/D2_zpsydpwv07d.jpg.html)

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/amandeepnijjar87/D4_zpsaa2rwhu8.jpg (http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/amandeepnijjar87/media/D4_zpsaa2rwhu8.jpg.html)

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/amandeepnijjar87/D5_zpsqp9iq0ph.jpg (http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/amandeepnijjar87/media/D5_zpsqp9iq0ph.jpg.html)

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/amandeepnijjar87/D6_zpsbudqj8qx.jpg (http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/amandeepnijjar87/media/D6_zpsbudqj8qx.jpg.html)

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/amandeepnijjar87/D8_zps9xqbgehg.jpg (http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/amandeepnijjar87/media/D8_zps9xqbgehg.jpg.html)

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/amandeepnijjar87/D7_zpsueys0h62.jpg (http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/amandeepnijjar87/media/D7_zpsueys0h62.jpg.html)

Smooth Criminal
08-31-2016, 02:35 AM
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/amandeepnijjar87/D10_zpsvjq6kwop.jpg (http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/amandeepnijjar87/media/D10_zpsvjq6kwop.jpg.html)

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/amandeepnijjar87/D9_zpsnncctbqn.jpg (http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/amandeepnijjar87/media/D9_zpsnncctbqn.jpg.html)

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/amandeepnijjar87/D11_zpsgc8x0zmr.jpg (http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/amandeepnijjar87/media/D11_zpsgc8x0zmr.jpg.html)

rhy
08-31-2016, 03:00 AM
Awesome pics Smooth, congrats! Truly a worth addition to the collection room.

Smooth Criminal
08-31-2016, 03:22 AM
Awesome pics Smooth, congrats! Truly a worth addition to the collection room.

Thanks bro now I gotta prepare for Mark 7 lol

rhy
08-31-2016, 03:48 AM
IM space age, techie paint app is a nice Stark contrast to Murdock's character accurate matte finish. Prepare for a geek overload and some good times. :dork:

Lockdown
08-31-2016, 10:11 AM
Man, Smooth. I think you take the best pics. You should go over to SGTCC take all pics and be XM's personal photographer. Do you use natural lights or fixed them in photoshop because they are stunning.

Smooth Criminal
08-31-2016, 12:12 PM
Man, Smooth. I think you take the best pics. You should go over to SGTCC take all pics and be XM's personal photographer. Do you use natural lights or fixed them in photoshop because they are stunning.

Haha thanks bud! I wish maybe can get Xm to get me a ticket and I'll be all over it lol :buttrock:. No photoshop bro , room I use is nicely lit with LEDs so can use settings in my camera to get the right light aside from that I use a prime lens which is perfect for closeups:laugh:

Cali604
08-31-2016, 12:57 PM
Which camera do you use?

loricstone
09-01-2016, 05:08 PM

And Sandman!!:buttrock: And Dr. Strange!!:thumbs2:

loricstone
09-01-2016, 05:09 PM

Armored Berserk will argue with you on that one. But both SC and AB and Risingstar all take phenomenal pictures.

Smooth Criminal
09-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Which camera do you use?

Hey bro canon T5i, what u really need is a tripod and remote shutter makes it stable so you can adjust the lighting without it hurting the pictures

And Sandman!!:buttrock: And Dr. Strange!!:thumbs2:

Man I know lol , and by time those are done ghost rider should be ready and then bats :eplus2:

Armored Berserk will argue with you on that one. But both SC and AB and Risingstar all take phenomenal pictures.

Thanks bro appreciate it, some people just think there's no details in these things but close ups show them Right away! Agreed AB and Ringstars pics are amazing! I just finished Thanos now gonna upload pics tonight

StatueArt
09-01-2016, 11:33 PM

Wow eagerly waiting for your Mark7 pics:laugh:

Smooth Criminal
09-02-2016, 12:14 AM
Wow eagerly waiting for your Mark7 pics:laugh:

Arrives on Tuesday should have those pics up wensday!:rolleyes:

wolf-brother
09-24-2016, 07:36 PM
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0130_zpskjbldawr.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0130_zpskjbldawr.jpg.html)

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0124_zpsrbrn2thc.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0124_zpsrbrn2thc.jpg.html)
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0123_zpsqpijwrmo.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0123_zpsqpijwrmo.jpg.html)
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0125_zpsy8ex2ja1.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0125_zpsy8ex2ja1.jpg.html)
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0126_zpsclgvroa1.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0126_zpsclgvroa1.jpg.html)
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0129_zpsnsjhtcmk.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0129_zpsnsjhtcmk.jpg.html)
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0134_zpsrk5hs6rx.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0134_zpsrk5hs6rx.jpg.html)

NEMISIS PRIME
09-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Love that custom portrait I just got my daredevil two days ago a beautiful statue Wish someone would make custom xm hulk portrait you'd think someone would have been made one

AC_808
09-25-2016, 06:54 AM
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0130_zpskjbldawr.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0130_zpskjbldawr.jpg.html)

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0124_zpsrbrn2thc.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0124_zpsrbrn2thc.jpg.html)
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0123_zpsqpijwrmo.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0123_zpsqpijwrmo.jpg.html)
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0125_zpsy8ex2ja1.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0125_zpsy8ex2ja1.jpg.html)
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0126_zpsclgvroa1.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0126_zpsclgvroa1.jpg.html)
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0129_zpsnsjhtcmk.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0129_zpsnsjhtcmk.jpg.html)
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/DSCN0134_zpsrk5hs6rx.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/wolf-brother/media/DSCN0134_zpsrk5hs6rx.jpg.html)

Wait ...is that a custom bust to hold the COH? If so, nice touch! Would love one of those.

A blindfolded Matt would be nice too, but the blindfold on that custom COH looks thick. Kinda looks like he has a towel for a blindfold. It looks nice, tho. Congrats!

nearmint
09-25-2016, 03:24 PM
The problem I have with that custom portrait is that without eye holes in the mask, he's kind of advertising that he's blind. Not great for disguising his secret identity.

wolf-brother
09-25-2016, 03:29 PM
That said it's spot on from the Netflix series..... :p

nearmint
09-25-2016, 03:31 PM

No doubt about that.

Parallax
09-25-2016, 03:48 PM
He's worn the same mask in the comics as well. Netflix did a great job with the black costume. The red, not so much. I actually think XM's design would have been great for being close to the comics while also still looking like Daredevil. I like XM's cowl a lot too.

StatueArt
09-26-2016, 04:07 AM
Best custom XM head so far imo.

loricstone
09-26-2016, 06:29 AM

Im going to rewatch all Marvel stuff on Netflix (DD Season 1 & 2 and Jessica Jones) again before Luke Cage comes out on the 30th. I'm a sucker for this geeky stuff...and I LIKE IT!!!1!

NorthernLadMSP
09-26-2016, 07:48 AM
WOW, that custom head looks amazing!

risingstar
09-26-2016, 08:29 AM
Those customs look amazing!

wolf-brother
09-26-2016, 09:04 AM

Agreed! Comes with a bust stand too!

IzeroI
09-26-2016, 09:50 AM
Wish someone would make custom xm hulk portrait you'd think someone would have been made one

Ya, I was extremely disappointed that no one ever did. I use to own that statue before down sizing and it had some of the best detail I've seen.

Agreed.

Wait ...is that a custom bust to hold the COH? If so, nice touch! Would love one of those.

A blindfolded Matt would be nice too, but the blindfold on that custom COH looks thick. Kinda looks like he has a towel for a blindfold. It looks nice, tho. Congrats!

The bust holder comes with the custom head (it's a package).

AC_808
09-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Thanks, IzeroI ...that bust COH holder is a nice touch.

It makes sense to include it as a package.

risingstar
09-26-2016, 03:02 PM
Beautiful statue

http://s6.postimg.org/pyujhxq4h/dd35.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/ojsyt7p19/full/)

http://s6.postimg.org/3ye71b7gh/dd36.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/wb9orrt6l/full/)

http://s6.postimg.org/9qeb8gha9/dd37a.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/iy6jp5ocd/full/)

http://s6.postimg.org/p0e6fncsh/dd38.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/uokh6jh4t/full/)

IzeroI
09-26-2016, 03:28 PM
Thanks, IzeroI ...that bust COH holder is a nice touch.

It makes sense to include it as a package.

No problem, and it sure is. Would be cool if more customs came with something like that to be able to display the other coh next to the statue.

loricstone
09-26-2016, 04:08 PM
Beautiful statue

http://s6.postimg.org/pyujhxq4h/dd35.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/ojsyt7p19/full/)

http://s6.postimg.org/3ye71b7gh/dd36.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/wb9orrt6l/full/)

http://s6.postimg.org/9qeb8gha9/dd37a.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/iy6jp5ocd/full/)

http://s6.postimg.org/p0e6fncsh/dd38.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/uokh6jh4t/full/)

Agreed! 150%.

AC_808
09-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Nice pics, Risingstar!

Did you just get DD? Or did you get him awhile back and you're just sharing more pics?

risingstar
09-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Nice pics, Risingstar!

Did you just get DD? Or did you get him awhile back and you're just sharing more pics?

I reviewed this one for the forum some time ago. However, it's been a while since I posted pics in this thread.

:D

Iko Iko
09-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Great statue!! And I LOVE the custom head.

AC_808
09-26-2016, 06:01 PM
I reviewed this one for the forum some time ago. However, it's been a while since I posted pics in this thread.

:D

That's cool!

I ask because only now my XM DD is on its way to me. It feels like I've been waiting the longest to get mine.

NEMISIS PRIME
09-26-2016, 07:08 PM
That's cool!

I ask because only now my XM DD is on its way to me. It feels like I've been waiting the longest to get mine.

Nah just got this last week it's never too late for this bad boy ,most impressive sculpt

visionplay
11-16-2016, 07:18 AM
Could anyone please advise where i can get my hands on the custom heads for this statue?

Thanks

Legion564
11-16-2016, 01:03 PM
Facebook groups. They've been sold out for a while now though.

visionplay
11-16-2016, 08:59 PM
Facebook groups. They've been sold out for a while now though.

Ah bummer. Thanks for the info anyways

Bowen or Bust
12-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Finally saw this in person....Wow, beautiful statue, pics do not do it justice.

Redpower
12-02-2016, 06:24 AM
Finally saw this in person....Wow, beautiful statue, pics do not do it justice.

Pictures do not give to any statue justice.. Must be in hand!

Balthazar
10-17-2017, 07:25 AM
Hum, I have received yesterday. I like the statue overal, but I was expecting more from XMto be honest. I don´t know if this is me, who has never had contact with a considered high end 1/4 statue or if that is the reality.

I would like to hear you owners and those that saw it in person, do you think also that the red tone is too dark, because for me a light or shinner red one would have been better. The face is too tan while compared to the actual comic character?

let me hear :battherapy:

risingstar
10-17-2017, 07:48 AM
Hum, I have received yesterday. I like the statue overal, but I was expecting more from XMto be honest. I don´t know if this is me, who has never had contact with a considered high end 1/4 statue or if that is the reality.

I would like to hear you owners and those that saw it in person, do you think also that the red tone is too dark, because for me a light or shinner red one would have been better. The face is too tan while compared to the actual comic character?

let me hear :battherapy:

I actually love this Daredevil. Easily a 9/10 for me!
Check out the StaueForum review here:

Balthazar
10-17-2017, 07:54 AM
I actually love this Daredevil. Easily a 9/10 for me!
Check out the StaueForum review here:

I saw it and I have comment there. Good job :)

Racetrack
10-17-2017, 09:30 AM
Biggest problem is the head is too small for the body.

rhy
10-17-2017, 02:38 PM
In regards to DD's head being too small, personally, it looks fine. He seems to have an elite type build similar to some upper echelon NBA players
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4475/37727514342_bb99c32111.jpg

Regarding the color tone of his costume, while it isn't comic accurate, for me, it works. It has a realistic urban 'feel' similar to his Netflix counterpart.

loricstone
10-17-2017, 03:01 PM
Best DD I have ever seen or owned. That's a pretty easy call for myself. In fact, if I ever fall into lots of money I will reacquire him agains some time down the line.

Balthazar
10-18-2017, 05:01 AM
With the head i did not feel this problem at all. I see what you guys are saying that this is a new tactical uniform, but I still would like a bit eye-catching red. How about the face? Do you think is a bit tan?

actionjackson83
10-18-2017, 10:31 AM
naw it fits in perfectly with the costume color scheme imo, and it has the perfect 5'o clock shadow to it.

rhy
10-19-2017, 03:40 AM
With the head i did not feel this problem at all. I see what you guys are saying that this is a new tactical uniform, but I still would like a bit eye-catching red. How about the face? Do you think is a bit tan?
Personally, DD skin tone seems to be consistent w/ his region. Meaning that New York can get extremely hot & humid during the summer which can easily tan someone of Irish descent. Overall the statue's paint app & execution is near perfect in my opinion. If I were to critique the sculpture, it would be along the lines that the unmasked portrait seems kinda generic, little to no emotion, it 'feels' rushed even. Like it was an afterthought.

Balthazar
10-20-2017, 01:54 AM
I am selling mine, pm who is into it

Enomis
09-16-2018, 05:30 AM
Hi guys, I’m searching for the custom head.
Do you know where I can find it?
Thanks

Soulrain
09-21-2018, 06:09 AM
I am selling mine, pm who is into it

how much are u asking

Iacon13
09-22-2018, 11:57 PM
Love mine! Want the Sideshow to go with it!