PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the Supergirl Bust are up!

Relic Reaper
01-16-2006, 07:04 PM
Comicscontimuum.com has them up...I'm assuming that DC Direct's page will have them too.

It looks nice...my only complaint is that the color of the skirt is a little too "blah" and blends in with the base too much. Other than that, I like it.

Mr. X
01-16-2006, 07:24 PM
http://images.comicbookresources.com/solicits/dc042006/dcdirect/SupergirlBust.jpg

Tad Ghostal
01-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Also at RTM
http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/0106_dcd_sg.shtml

A little too much "personality" in this one for me....

Virsago
01-16-2006, 07:58 PM
I like it.

Floating Face of Destiny
01-16-2006, 08:07 PM
I love it! She looks great.

rychehitman
01-16-2006, 08:09 PM
that is NICE

If only she had glasses!

Any update on Powergirl added to the line?

kirthew
01-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Alright... I am totally confused now... they have this huge Supergirl relaunch.. bring in another 'Supergirl' make the old Supergirl (if I am wrong here... please correct me) into Powergirl... and now they release a Supergirl bust that looks like Powergirl... something is just wrong over there at DC Direct.

Daredevil
01-16-2006, 08:13 PM
I thought Supergirl died in the first Crisis?

Jerseydevil
01-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Wow! I love this sculpt. From the creative pose down to the short-retro look hair style, this bust looks great. I can't wait to pick these up.

rychehitman
01-16-2006, 08:27 PM
don't question current continuity...just admire the sculpt! :banghead:

speedracer
01-16-2006, 08:31 PM
The sculpt is awesome..and the pose is very imaginative..I really like all these busts..I'm thinking of collecting them..=)

Kirbyfan
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
I have to say that this line is the first time that DC has taken a 'chance'. First with the Hawkgirl, and now with Supergirl. I may be in the minority, but I'm totally won over. This series is a must for me, even if she's not clothed in the current continuity.

AWESOME!!!

Kirk Durfey
01-16-2006, 09:09 PM
I have to say that this line is the first time that DC has taken a 'chance'. First with the Hawkgirl, and now with Supergirl. I may be in the minority, but I'm totally won over. This series is a must for me, even if she's not clothed in the current continuity.

AWESOME!!!
Agreed. These are beautifully sculpted, I can't wait to add this line to my collection...

ftrez
01-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Have any of these been released yet?

Tattoo-X
01-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Looks nice, but I don't like the hair. And I don't collect much DC.
Just need the Hawkman, and for them to release Aquaman. :banghead:

They're Statues!
01-16-2006, 09:26 PM
http://images.comicbookresources.com/solicits/dc042006/dcdirect/SupergirlBust.jpg
Advance-solicited; on sale September 20 o Bust o $45.00 US

Designed by Adam Hughes
Sculpted by John G. Mathews

blackjack
01-16-2006, 09:40 PM
She look good but I rather have Supergirl in a fs!

They're Statues!
01-16-2006, 09:49 PM
There have been at least two.

Jesse321
01-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Also at RTM
http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/0106_dcd_sg.shtml

A little too much "personality" in this one for me....A LITTLE? :rolleyes2

It looks like Marilyn Monroe trying to be Supergirl! For gods sake when will DC wake the hell up! It's no wonder they can't make a dent in the market with garbage like this! :banghead:

blackjack
01-16-2006, 10:15 PM
There have been at least two.

Sorry, but I true collect fs not medium ones!

Kirk Durfey
01-16-2006, 11:05 PM
A LITTLE? :rolleyes2

It looks like Marilyn Monroe trying to be Supergirl! For gods sake when will DC wake the hell up! It's no wonder they can't make a dent in the market with garbage like this! :banghead:
Don't forget this line is based on Adam Hughes art, which is very much pin-up inspired. Though I also wish for a definitive DC bust line, I really like this series. It is something different and the sculpts look incredible...

ftrez
01-16-2006, 11:07 PM

It is based on an Adam Hughes design and, while I've not seen the design sketch, it is a very much in Hughes' style. Fans of Hughes will appreciate and enjoy it, fans of Supergirl, maybe not so much. I like it myself and will defiinitely be picking it up.

Check out some of Hughes' pin up or commission work & you'll notice the style. Catwoman, putting the diamond down her top, Hawkgirl, with her mask on top of her head, are very much in keeping with Hughes' style. It separates his pin ups from the normal stock poses that other artists do.

Sniper
01-16-2006, 11:08 PM
looks nice, but not enough to make me want to buy it or the others that came out before her.

wolverinejedi007
01-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Looks good to me, mabey better if the shirt was open all the way and showed some belly...

bat_collector
01-16-2006, 11:21 PM
I can't wait to get the whole line! DC did take a chance and I think it's working so far! I love it!

Wayne Foundation
01-16-2006, 11:21 PM
I usually go for the versions I'm most familiar with (my childhood)...but I like this one. It's got a certain quality not usually found in busts. The skirt doesn't stand out enough from the base but I will probably get this. All the Hughes pieces are pretty good, but I am passing on the Hawkgirl.

nexus
01-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Nice bust. Looks more like Superwoman than Supergirl to me. Nonetheless, it will probably join the collection. I guess when these start coming out, we'll see.

cblakey1
01-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Boy, that's gonna be a nice one!

I wish DCD would quit showing pics and start gettin' 'em out there!

Hope there is a Zatanna in the works!

bane
01-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Looks fine to me ,

cblakey1
01-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Damn, there's been so many I've forgotten already. Was there a Harley Quinn one posted yet?

madjazz
01-17-2006, 10:12 AM
I like this. The pose is different and will stand out when displayed with my other busts. I wouldn't want them all like this, but a few? I have no problem with that.

Bullseye
01-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Very nice bust.

BOWEN NUT
01-17-2006, 10:32 AM

I totally agree. I expect her to start singing "Happy Birthday Mr. President" at any moment! :rolleyes2

risingstar
01-17-2006, 01:47 PM
I can pretend to know what's going on with DC continuity but this is a nice looking bust...

cblakey1
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM

You don't like this one Jesse? Guess you're not a big fan of AH!'s work. I think it is right on and refreshingly different.

What garbage is DC doing (outside of the lame-o maquette line)?

I think Batman B&W, the DC chick line, and producing mini's of their F.S.'s is definitely making a dent in the market. Heck, even the Animated JLA and T.T. paperweights are sweet. :buttrock:

Kirk Durfey
01-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Damn, there's been so many I've forgotten already. Was there a Harley Quinn one posted yet?
I don't think so. Off the top of my head,

Wonder Woman
Catwoman
Hawkgirl
Supergirl

and for some reason I'm thinking a Poison Ivy? Not sure though...

bat_collector
01-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Harley hasn't been done yet. Yes, there is a poison Ivy. Release should be, in order
Wonder Woman
Poison Ivy
Catwoman
Hawkgirl
Supergirl

Man, you gotta admit DC is doing something right since this preview has inspired so much discussion. This line might inject their product with some much needed buzz.

Ish
01-17-2006, 06:21 PM
it's ok i guess, not getting it though.

vudoo1979
01-17-2006, 06:27 PM
I like her.I hope that they do Harley, she is one of my favs-if not the best after Catwoman.

Jesse321
01-17-2006, 06:51 PM
It is based on an Adam Hughes design and, while I've not seen the design sketch, it is a very much in Hughes' style. Fans of Hughes will appreciate and enjoy it, fans of Supergirl, maybe not so much. I like it myself and will defiinitely be picking it up.

Check out some of Hughes' pin up or commission work & you'll notice the style. Catwoman, putting the diamond down her top, Hawkgirl, with her mask on top of her head, are very much in keeping with Hughes' style. It separates his pin ups from the normal stock poses that other artists do.I have, I hate Hughes' "style" .. his style of artwork is better suited for Playboy or Penthouse ... no DC.

Jesse321
01-17-2006, 06:54 PM
You don't like this one Jesse? Guess you're not a big fan of AH!'s work. I think it is right on and refreshingly different.

What garbage is DC doing (outside of the lame-o maquette line)? No I'm not a fan of AH's at all. :puke2:

If it wasn't for the JLU maquette line, I wouldn't be buying anything DC Direct .. the last sculpt that was even worth the effort (IMO) was the Hal Jordon Green Lantern.

The Koto Batman vinyl statue was better than the Jim Lee statue for pete's sake! :banghead:

bat_collector
01-17-2006, 07:47 PM
No I'm not a fan of AH's at all. :puke2:

If it wasn't for the JLU maquette line, I wouldn't be buying anything DC Direct .. the last sculpt that was even worth the effort (IMO) was the Hal Jordon Green Lantern.

The Koto Batman vinyl statue was better than the Jim Lee statue for pete's sake! :banghead:
Do you hate Frank Cho too?

Man, that's a pity because I see plenty of DC product I like buying. This line being one of the tops! And I agree, the Koto is better, but the koto is a fantastic sculpt. The Jim Lee one is great too.

Bullseye
01-17-2006, 07:54 PM
No I'm not a fan of AH's at all. :puke2:

I have and love his Black Cat Giclee.

Super Serg
01-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I think this 1 is HOT!

So how did they get those (obvious) implants in her? Kryptonite-laced scalpel for the incision? Because those sure aren't natural.....

;)
Well, them breasteses are definitely out of this world... but then again, so is she!
:laugh:

*ss*