PDA

View Full Version : Question?

boobhound
05-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Thinking about a doing a custom, an EL AGUILA out of a Bowen ZORRO mini bust. My questions, do I strip it? Or do I just paint over it? If I strip it, what kind of stripper? This will be the first custom I have ever tried to tackle. Any an all help would be appreciated!

Sniper
05-04-2006, 10:47 PM
have a pic of the character you want to make it done into?

Zurbaran1
05-04-2006, 10:47 PM
I think the painters will tell you to strip it. I'm pretty sure Danno answered a similar question a while back and explained the process including what to use to strip the paint. Do a search in the PAINTER'S CORNER and you should be find it.

boobhound
05-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks, found a few.

But please, if any one has any tips or advice please let me know!

cblakey1
05-04-2006, 11:38 PM
You probably want to strip it since you'll probably be dremeling and sanding parts of it. Plus, if you're using Epoxie Sculpt, you'll want it to stick to the resin vs. paint (although I think Candice (Mystique) told me once you can sculpt right over paint).

Get yourself some Easy Off oven cleaner. Spray it down good and let it sit for a few hours, then scrub it off with a soft toothbrush. Any paint that's left behind can either be sanded off, or you can do the Easy Off thing again. If it's hanging on after a few E.O. applications, there's a good chance that it's on for good and you can primer right over it.

good luck!