PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Batman B&W

VaultMan
05-18-2006, 09:55 PM
IMHO the best Batman B&W is...the upcoming Kelley Jones of course...tough to vote without seeing it, I realize... :)

And the loser...sorry...the Bisley piece. no monster Batman... :banghead:

Sniper
05-18-2006, 10:30 PM
IMHO the best Batman B&W is...the upcoming Kelley Jones of course...tough to vote without seeing it, I realize... :)

And the loser...sorry...the Bisley piece. no monster Batman... :banghead:
even so, all of them together are awesome, :buttrock:

wktf
05-18-2006, 10:45 PM
I think the best is the Risso. Worst, I agree, is the Bisley.

boondocksaint
05-18-2006, 10:46 PM
I think the best is the Rizzo. Worst, I agree, is the Bisley.

i agree on both

sincity
05-18-2006, 10:55 PM
rizzo is good, but the bolland is my fav
mignola is a very close second the paint is just so different makes it look flat
i didn't waste my money on bisley it was just wrong

ftrez
05-18-2006, 11:26 PM
i agree on both

Seconded. But its Risso rather than Rizzo.

Mignola is a close second for me.

Then Bolland.

Kubert.

Sale.

Finally, Bisley.

Though the more I look at the Sale statue's Homer Simpson looking face the more I want to move the Bisley piece up a notch.

bat_collector
05-18-2006, 11:28 PM
I love em all! :buttrock:

I think the risso batman is the best batman on the market (until Ray's Jones version comes out).

Bisley may be the "worst" but its stil pretty dang good. Paquet did a great job on the design.

Batwing
05-18-2006, 11:34 PM
I like Bolland's the best.

The upcoming Steve Rude version is pretty cool, too.

fenix v.2.0
05-19-2006, 02:32 AM
Bolland for me
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/sfbatman1999/AZOG/Bolland.jpg

Sale's on the bottom of the list. but still a great sculpt.

batman1180
05-19-2006, 02:52 AM
Risso for me. With Mignola's a close second.

buchieboy
05-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Risso for me, Kubert th worst

tombow
05-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Though the more I look at the Sale statue's Homer Simpson looking face the more I want to move the Bisley piece up a notch.
totally agree with you :laugh: :laugh:

Btw
Mignola's is my fave for sure..
and Bisley deserve a better place than last...(i like it too..)

Juggernaut
05-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Bolland for me
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/sfbatman1999/AZOG/Bolland.jpg

Sale's on the bottom of the list. but still a great sculpt.

My favorite is the Bolland too.

I would like this one to be a full size statue also.

Kdawg59
05-19-2006, 09:36 AM
I think that the Kubert is my pic for the least strong. It is a great likeness to Kuberts art and an excellent sculpt, my only beef is the pose and the way it displays with the rest of the standing pieces.

For me the Best is Risso or Bolland and I think the reasons why are fairly obvious... They are beautiful pieces.

The one I feel like gets the least deserving love is Will P. Bisley... I think it is really nice...

bane
05-19-2006, 09:39 AM
I think that the Kubert is my pic for the least strong. It is a great likeness to Kuberts art and an excellent sculpt, my only beef is the pose and the way it displays with the rest of the standing pieces.

For me the Best is Risso or Bolland and I think the reasons why are fairly obvious... They are beautiful pieces.

The one I feel like gets the least deserving love is Will P. Bisley... I think it is really nice...

Couldn't agree more , the Bisley is sculpted like the art it is based on and looks just fine to me , the Kubert is so far the worst one because he is a bit too skinny but again the sculpt id dead on .

Collection King 13
05-19-2006, 09:42 AM
I think they all look great! Especially when they are displayed together!

lord odin
05-19-2006, 09:47 AM
This is the best. :buttrock:

madjazz
05-19-2006, 10:31 AM
This is the best. :buttrock:
Unfortunately, it is not actually a part of the Batman B&W line. You can tell because it is IN COLOR!

No soup for you. Try again because we really would like your opinion.

madjazz
05-19-2006, 10:34 AM
I like the Bisley the least myself. It has nothing to do with the sculpt, which is spot on. I'm not a big fan of the Bisley style - the Sam Keith style doesn't really do it for me either (I know there is no Keith B&W - I don't really dig Mignola either. Are you happy? :) ).

I have to say - the Bolland is probably my favorite as well, although I am really anticipating the Rude entry. Risso is also pretty cool.

The Batfan
05-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Bolland the best and the upcoming Pope is worst I hate bisley but the pope looks like crap

ZKULPTOR
05-19-2006, 06:23 PM
I like the Jim Lee one :p

perfusin
05-19-2006, 06:30 PM
That is assuming there IS a Jim Lee one. :inquisiti
I would REALLY like to see a Bruce Timm version. Please DC????

keynesrules
05-23-2006, 05:30 AM
Best: Brian Bolland - It's just classic and he looks great next to the Bat Signal.

Worst: Bisley - How did this happen? The Batman in his B&W comic story is nothing like the final sculpt

speedracer
05-25-2006, 06:11 AM

Meeee tooo I heard i was being sculpted by that GREEEEAT sculptor..hehehehe :p

madjazz
05-25-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey! Sneak peeks, please. :)

JM28Cardiff
05-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Mignola top (for now, that may change with the Kelly Jones)

Bisley bottom (based on his art style, not the sculpt). Give William P another go at a different art style!

armitage
05-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Mignola's is by far the best.

08thmsteam
06-01-2006, 04:07 AM
My Fave is Mignola batman.. really looked like he actually drew the damn thing.. took my breath away...

my fave list so far is as such:

1. Mignola
2. Bolland
3. Tim Sale
4. Risso
5. Kubert
6. Bisley

Really looking forward to steven 'the dude" rude version and kelly jones version!

joy_division
06-03-2006, 11:40 AM
I have to say, that I don't think that Lee's type of art would work well for the Batman B&W statue. It is too detailed, and if you look at the list of artists that have done statues so far, the majority of them have quite a simplistic art style. Jim lee's is too detailed for a black and white piece

Give me toth or Wagner over lee any day

joy_division
06-03-2006, 11:43 AM
I have to say, that I don't think that Lee's type of art would work well for the Batman B&W statue. It is too detailed, and if you look at the list of artists that have done statues so far, the majority of them have quite a simplistic art style. Jim lee's is too detailed for a black and white piece

joy_division
06-03-2006, 11:44 AM

The Bat
06-09-2006, 12:54 AM
I think the Mignola one may be the best, but my personal favorite is the Bolland one, since he's my favorite Bat artist.

yorick
06-09-2006, 12:59 AM

I couldn't have said it better myself. Bisley's is too crazy not to like--it's always the standout when people see my collection.

Kubert's is a good sculpt, but an awkward stance when displayed with the others--it's too "leap froggy."

Teague
06-09-2006, 05:53 PM
I'd love to see the Steve Rude one...

but as for the ones I've seen? Toss up between Bolland and Mignola. If I had to choose one, I guess I'd go with the Bolland. Just iconic.

And yeah, worst is Bisley. What the hell is that?

VaultMan
06-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Bisley's is definetly a taste piece. I like the work on this piece, just not one of my favorites...

Bolland or Risso, remain number one.

When Kelley Jones releases his on November 8th, Jones will be number one!

d rod
06-13-2006, 03:52 AM
I'm a huge Batman fan so this is pretty tough for me. I will have to choose Mignola because of the paint job. I think it looks incredible how they make the 3D look 2D. It's probably mad easy but since I don't paint, I was amazed.