PDA

View Full Version : Multiple characters from one Sculpt?

fidelC
07-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Can you guys please give me your opinion as to whether it would be frowned upon to create a generic figure (for myself) and then create multiple characters from it as to specific requests on commissions (obviously the person requesting the commission would be informed of this fact)?

Would these be less valued by a collector because it has the same body and pose?

I wouldnt consider it "recasting" as it is my own creation.

My main reason for asking is that I've seen people do this (create new characters from other pieces theyve purchased) and see it as a good opportunity to do the same with my own sculpts.

Vince-Vell
07-11-2006, 03:35 PM
One thing i learned in art school and the art field, as long as the original creation is yours. You have every right to do what ever the hell you want with it.

just that some people might get bored of the same pose/sculpt for different characters.

Not sure how others feel about it, but thats my view on a original creation.

black and white
07-11-2006, 07:25 PM
I forget who on this board used that method. Seemed like it worked pretty well for him, although i think he just sculpts as a hobby now and decided to persue another career if I remember correctly (i don't know if he posts much anymore).

Just looked him up, user name Arahom Radjah. I'm pretty sure he cast up copies of blank bodies he sculpted and then modified them to fit the character. Maybe shoot him a PM.

Tetragrammaton
07-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Multiple characters from one Sculpt...works for Bowen Designs.

I kid....

Arahom's out of the sculpting business.