PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Eye thingy!!...

El Pulento
07-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Ok who would win in a standoff between Supes and Cykes blasting away... The thing with Cyclops is that it seems that he is only using a small part of his potential.. Let's see him really go all in!!!...and the thing with Supes is well..... he is Supes..

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/ElPulento1977/ClaudioCastelliniCyclops300dpi651A.jpg
VS
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/ElPulento1977/Dec2005_Superman_inkedprelim2.jpg

nbr3bagshotrow
07-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I thought Supes was just heat vision where Cyclops is more of a concussive blast. I vote for Cyclops.

RichBamf
07-10-2008, 02:46 PM
In the terms of which beam would win, it would hands down cyclops.

In terms of who could sustain the constant concussive/heat force, it would be Supes.

metfan923
07-10-2008, 03:48 PM
is it like, if both were to fire at normal people, whose would do more damage?

or are they shooting each other? because if it's this one, then supes' super endurance/durability comes into play. but just eye blast alone, to one-eye goes the spoils

El Pulento
07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
is it like, if both were to fire at normal people, whose would do more damage?

or are they shooting each other? because if it's this one, then supes' super endurance/durability comes into play. but just eye blast alone, to one-eye goes the spoils

Duude come on!!That's just mean.. hahaha.... each other dude, each other...

nbr3bagshotrow
07-10-2008, 04:49 PM
I was thinking more as if they were both focusing on something like "a mountain" like in a competition not face to face. Cyclops wouldn't stand a chance.

gammaguy
07-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Cyclops takes this one over Superman. Cyke's power is a concussive force where as Superman's heat vision is heat.
Pulvervizing a mountain Cyclops wins hands down. Sorry Supes, you may be super but "this is a job for Cyclops"

armitage
07-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Cyclops blasts would be more powerful than Superman's heat vision.

Argonus
07-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Cyclops takes this one over Superman. Cyke's power is a concussive force where as Superman's heat vision is heat.
Pulvervizing a mountain Cyclops wins hands down. Sorry Supes, you may be super but "this is a job for Cyclops"

Agreed.

Colossal
07-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Didnt Cyclops blast through a mountain in his path in Uncanny X-Men? Cyclops for the win :-)

MrYac
07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Scott without question, i'd say only Darkseid could beat him in a starring contest

HalJordanFan
07-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Cyclops IMO is the stronger of the two.

VaultMan
07-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Holy crap! People are actually voting against Superman! Let me mark this special date on my calendar. :)

HalJordanFan
07-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Holy crap! People are actually voting against Superman! Let me mark this special date on my calendar. :)

Mark this day indeed! It'll be one of the only times I do voted against the big S!!!! :thumbs2:

Meteor Man
07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
The only thing about this, is that Superman can stand the concussive force of Cyclops blast without injury, and Cyclops would be turned to ash if Superman's heat vision hits him. So, I guess it just depends on if the heat hits Cyke or not.

The thing I really hate, is when some idiot writer makes Superman's heat vision a force beam like Cyclops.:mad: They did this on Smallville in one episode when Clark was fighting a Lex created Super Soldier. Clark's "heat" vision blasted him clear across the room!!!!:banghead: I hate inconsistencies like that.:mad:

nbr3bagshotrow
07-11-2008, 01:22 PM
The only thing about this, is that Superman can stand the concussive force of Cyclops blast without injury, and Cyclops would be turned to ash if Superman's heat vision hits him. So, I guess it just depends on if the heat hits Cyke or not.

The thing I really hate, is when some idiot writer makes Superman's heat vision a force beam like Cyclops.:mad: They did this on Smallville in one episode when Clark was fighting a Lex created Super Soldier. Clark's "heat" vision blasted him clear across the room!!!!:banghead: I hate inconsistencies like that.:mad:

I don't think this hypothetical question was posed as a potential eye battle between the two superstars as more of a question of whose eye power is more powerful. I think everyone would agree Superman could stand there as Cyclops blasted him with his optic blasts and then when Cyclops "blinked" Superman would then reduce Cyclops to ashes with a instantaneous flash of his heat vision.

But put them both in front of Devil's Tower in Wyoming, side by side as a contest, I think Cyclops could reduce it to pebbles before Superman's heat vision could warm up 1/4 of the Tower. JMO.

Meteor Man
07-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't think this hypothetical question was posed as a potential eye battle between the two superstars as more of a question of whose eye power is more powerful. I think everyone would agree Superman could stand there as Cyclops blasted him with his optic blasts and then when Cyclops "blinked" Superman would then reduce Cyclops to ashes with a instantaneous flash of his heat vision.

But put them both in front of Devil's Tower in Wyoming, side by side as a contest, I think Cyclops could reduce it to pebbles before Superman's heat vision could warm up 1/4 of the Tower. JMO.

Got it.

I agree that Cyclops optic blasts would level an object before Superman's heat vision, just by the nature of what they do. But, if it was Gladiator's heat vision we were talking about, then he's win.:thumbs2::laugh: JK...

Although Gladiator did say that his heat vision is hotter than a star. I'd imagine Superman's would be similar, and if that were true, then it would vaporize whatever it hit VERY QUICKLY, indeed.

MrYac
07-11-2008, 05:10 PM

where the hell have you been, this forum hates Clark:p

Tetragrammaton
07-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Superman.

1. The heat generated has been described as comparable to those found in nuclear detonations.

(temperatures reached are in the tens of megakelvins)

2. He has used his heat vision to hurt other Kryptonian-level characters. I doubt that Cyclops could accomplish that.

3. He's fired his heat vision from the Earth to the moon.

4. Both Superman and Cyclops are physically exhausted by firing their eye beams at maximum. If it comes down to a question of endurance, I think its a safe bet that Superman's is greater.

5. The energy storage capacity of Kryptonian skin cells are superior to the energy storage capacity of mutant cells.

http://i35.tinypic.com/4u87e8.jpg

riderV3
07-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Power wise Cyclops might be stronger but Supe's has a better variety of use and can be controled without any device.

Meteor Man
07-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Superman.

1. The heat generated has been described as comparable to those found in nuclear detonations.

2. He has used his heat vision to hurt other Kryptonian-level characters. I doubt that Cyclops could accomplish that.

4. Both Superman and Cyclops are physically exhausted by firing their eye beams at maximum. If it comes down to a question of endurance, I think its a safe bet that Superman's is greater.

5. The energy storage capacity of Kryptonian skin cells are superior to the energy storage capacity of mutant cells.

Well Tetra, you've convinced me....Supes wins.:thumbs2:

Justin
07-13-2008, 12:30 AM
I voted Cyclops! :thumbs2:

HalJordanFan
07-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Superman.

Nicely said Tet!

Alex655321
07-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I was gonna say Cyclops, but after what Tet said, the answer is clear to me, Supes takes it because of the way he is written !

RichBamf
07-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Wow, Tet, I didn't know a lot of that!

Has Cyke's power ever been measured without the visor?

metfan923
07-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Duude come on!!That's just mean.. hahaha.... each other dude, each other...

haha what i meant was both at a stationary object, like others suggested like a mountain or something, but i could only think of people.... haha but both firing at something or both firing at each other was what i meant

and wow tet, didnt know that info... that's crazy

Makkari1
07-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Superman.

The two are two different things and its like compairing apples to oranges. Cyclop's eye beams have no heat on them because they are a concussive force not heat. Cyclop's beams can pulverize solid objects. His powers works much the way Superman's does in the fact that his body converts solar energy and other types of energy into the beams. Also his powers are constantly "on" thus he has to wear the visor. As long as he is near sunlight or other forms of energy the beam will shoot out.

Supes eye beams are heat based and has no real relative concussive force on them. The thing with Supes eye beam is that heat can be confused with a concussive force in the result they cause. Certain rocks can explode when subjected to extreme intense heat suddenly or air made explode. Superman eye beams melt steel whereas Cyclop's shatters the object. Cyclops won't burn a hole in a person like Superman's eye beams but he can smash a person's bones. The bottom line is that the contest needs to be clearly desfined or characters with similar eye beam powers need to be paired off. JMO

HalJordanFan
07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
The two are two different things and its like compairing apples to oranges. Cyclop's eye beams have no heat on them because they are a concussive force not heat. Cyclop's beams can pulverize solid objects. His powers works much the way Superman's does in the fact that his body converts solar energy and other types of energy into the beams. Also his powers are constantly "on" thus he has to wear the visor. As long as he is near sunlight or other forms of energy the beam will shoot out.

Supes eye beams are heat based and has no real relative concussive force on them. The thing with Supes eye beam is that heat can be confused with a concussive force in the result they cause. Certain rocks can explode when subjected to extreme intense heat suddenly or air made explode. Superman eye beams melt steel whereas Cyclop's shatters the object. Cyclops won't burn a whole in a person like Superman's eye beams but he can smash a person's bones. The bottom line is that the contest needs to be clearly desfined or characters with similar eye beam powers need to be paired off. JMO

Hole! :thumbs2:

Makkari1
07-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Hole! :thumbs2:

Thanks for the catch.:thumbs2:

Xenomorph79
07-25-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm a die hard Superman fan but I gotta go with Cyclops on this one... for the same reason The Flash can out run Superman. Yes, he's "super" and has many abilities... but I think those other hero's who specialize in that one specific ability that Superman has are superior even to him.