PDA

View Full Version : Black Adam Vs Thor

bebohawk
09-12-2008, 01:21 AM
i take Black Adam any day of the week he is the man

Tetragrammaton
09-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Considering he changes into his superhuman form via magical lightning, I'd give the advantage to Thor.

If he possesses the Odinforce, then even more so the advantage goes to Thor.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=48430&highlight=black+adam+thor

HalJordanFan
09-12-2008, 07:43 AM
i take Black Adam any day of the week he is the man

While I'd normally agree with you on BA. In this fight I give the advantage to Thor. That pesky hammer!!!!!

Jesse321
09-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Thor controls normal lightning, nothing has ever been said about Thor's weather powers being able to control or stop magical lightning ... and somehow, I don't think that Adam is going to go into the battle as his alter ego anyway.

The hammer has to make contact in order to work, Adam is fast enough (and smart enough) to avoid it.

Plus you have the powers of 6 Gods against 1.

Match goes to Adam!

HalJordanFan
09-12-2008, 08:06 AM
The hammer has to make contact in order to work, Adam is fast enough (and smart enough) to avoid it. Plus you have the powers of 6 Gods against 1.

Match goes to Adam!

Dammit it's MY B-day and your supposed to agree with me!!!!! :laugh:

Jesse321
09-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Okay ... I agree ... it's your birthday. :tounge:

HalJordanFan
09-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Okay ... I agree ... it's your birthday. :tounge:

:laugh:

Primal
09-12-2008, 09:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsYJyVEUaC4

Force of Nature
09-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Congratulations with your birthday HalJordanfan!

I hope you will have a great day and wish you many more years in good health and fortune!

May the Force be with you! :D

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Meteor Man
09-12-2008, 11:29 AM

Happy Birthday HJF.:)

And, I know Black Adam is really, really tough, but I still think Thor would take him.

wktf
09-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Considering he changes into his superhuman form via magical lightning, I'd give the advantage to Thor.

If he possesses the Odinforce, then even more so the advantage goes to Thor.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=48430&highlight=black+adam+thor

Agree.

Makkari1
09-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Thor controls normal lightning, nothing has ever been said about Thor's weather powers being able to control or stop magical lightning ... and somehow, I don't think that Adam is going to go into the battle as his alter ego anyway.

The hammer has to make contact in order to work, Adam is fast enough (and smart enough) to avoid it.

Plus you have the powers of 6 Gods against 1.

Match goes to Adam!

The way you describe Black Adam you'd think that Superman has no chance against him. Yet Supes IMO can beat Adam. So shall conclude that Superman has the powers of 6 or 7 gods? You think that Thor has only 1 power in which to fight Adam with but Thor already possesses most of the attributes that Adam uses. Some of Thor's powers exceed Adam's powers because Adam's powers are borrowed from a god and I doubt he has the full measure of that god's power. I other words could Adam defeat the god who powers him in a particular area. (ie: could he beat Heru in a race?) Thor's powers aren't borrowed, they are his and he has better control over lightening as a weapon. Adam is in for the fight of his life.

MrYac
09-12-2008, 03:10 PM
i'm not an expert on SHAZAMology but i don't think the powers are "borrowed" from their namesake, he just has the strength, speed and so on of them. i believe the only time one of the Marvel familys powers are split is when they share it with another person

bebohawk
09-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Adam held his own again almost the whole DC universe without resting they didn't even beat him he is the world most wanted human beside if you take the hammer away from Thor he is helpless even with the hammer Adam will be victorious:buttrock:

All Hail The Mighty Black Adam:eplus2:

Teague
09-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Thor.

Makkari1
09-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Adam held his own again almost the whole DC universe without resting they didn't even beat him he is the world most wanted human beside if you take the hammer away from Thor he is helpless even with the hammer Adam will be victorious:buttrock:

All Hail The Mighty Black Adam:eplus2:

I think you using a bit of hyperbole in saying that BA fought the "whole" DC universe. Amazing that he didn't face the ones that could really put him down but also remember that they were trying to contain him not kill him. Most of DC teams consist of a few powerhouses and the rest are street or meta so BA could easily wade thru them. Marvel has the same setup and Hulk could easily wade thru most teams without much sweat as well.

Your comment about Thor being "helpless without his hammer is also not accurate. His still has strenght and storm powers. The hammer is a major weapon for Thor but it is an extention of his powers and he can still fight without it. I can't say the same for BA because all of his powers are "borrowed" and without them he's just another mortal. You can't fight a real god with a psuedo god.

The thing about BA being such a bada$$ why is he on the run? He should just stay a fight everyone if he thinks he is in the right and can kick anyone's a$$ who tries to bring him in?

Makkari1
09-12-2008, 08:51 PM
i'm not an expert on SHAZAMology but i don't think the powers are "borrowed" from their namesake, he just has the strength, speed and so on of them. i believe the only time one of the Marvel familys powers are split is when they share it with another person

So where are the powers coming from if they are not borrowed? The Marvel are getting them from somewhere. Either the Wizard or the gods are bequeathing their powers to them. The Marvel including Adam are using borrowed power.

Jesse321
09-12-2008, 09:05 PM
The thing about BA being such a bada$$ why is he on the run? He should just stay a fight everyone if he thinks he is in the right and can kick anyone's a$$ who tries to bring him in?

Because right now, he's distraught over the death and (apparently to him) failed resurrection attempt of his Wife Isis ... he's tired of fighting only to have everything he loves destroyed.

And Black Adams powers are bequeathed to him on demand he doesn't need to ask permission to "borrow them" they're his to access whenever he chooses. It took the entire DC universe to bring him down because he was in such a state of uncontrolled fury.

We've never really known the full extent of Superman's powers, because unlike Adam, Superman holds back ... he's never really let himself cut loose for fear of killing someone accidentally, something that Adam has no complications with. Could Superman beat Adam, theoretically yes, but if you factor in the characters personas, Adam is way more ruthless than Clark could ever hope to be.

Adams powers were shared only once with Osiris (Isis' brother) until he was murdered, at which time Orisis's powers were returned to Adam ... Marvels powers were split 3 ways when Mary or Cap Jr. would transform.

Makkari1
09-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Because right now, he's distraught over the death and (apparently to him) failed resurrection attempt of his Wife Isis ... he's tired of fighting only to have everything he loves destroyed.

And Black Adams powers are bequeathed to him on demand he doesn't need to ask permission to "borrow them" they're his to access whenever he chooses. It took the entire DC universe to bring him down because he was in such a state of uncontrolled fury.

We've never really known the full extent of Superman's powers, because unlike Adam, Superman holds back ... he's never really let himself cut loose for fear of killing someone accidentally, something that Adam has no complications with. Could Superman beat Adam, theoretically yes, but if you factor in the characters personas, Adam is way more ruthless than Clark could ever hope to be.

Adams powers were shared only once with Osiris (Isis' brother) until he was murdered, at which time Orisis's powers were returned to Adam ... Marvels powers were split 3 ways when Mary or Cap Jr. would transform.

I know about BA powers and whether or not he shares. The bottom line is that his powers are not his and the gods can pull them at any time.

MrYac
09-12-2008, 11:59 PM
I know about BA powers and whether or not he shares. The bottom line is that his powers are not his and the gods can pull them at any time.

and when has this ever happened or been hinted at being possible to happen? Billy was able to change his magic word, but that was it. his powers aren't able to just be pulled on a whim, and even if they were Thor sure as hell isn't able to do the pulling

Tetragrammaton
09-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Has Captain Marvel or Black Adam ever been hit by regular lightning in the books?

I'm wondering if this would change them back and forth or if it has to be special "magic" lightning.

MrYac
09-13-2008, 12:16 AM
i don't think it's got anything to do with lightning magical or otherwise, it just happens to take the form of a bolt of lightning when they say the words.

Makkari1
09-13-2008, 12:57 AM
i don't think it's got anything to do with lightning magical or otherwise, it just happens to take the form of a bolt of lightning when they say the words.

So what's hitting people when BA step out of the way after he says his access word?

isculpt
09-13-2008, 01:48 AM
Yeah, I think BA has access to a gate of a certain attribute of a god. I.e. he can tap into the power at a whim thats from the god. And I kinda agree about the whole thor is a wuss without his hammer. Without he's just another cape.

bebohawk
09-13-2008, 05:20 AM

the gods are ruthless as adam and i think they like when adam go wild like in ww3 cause when marvel when to talk to the gods about adam they back him up and don't listen to marvel and still thor cant take adam in a fist fight even with the hammer thor will fall .
all hail the mighty Adam:eplus2:

PIP
09-13-2008, 07:48 AM
the gods are ruthless as adam and i think they like when adam go wild like in ww3 cause when marvel when to talk to the gods about adam they back him up and don't listen to marvel and still thor cant take adam in a fist fight even with the hammer thor will fall .

i take it you are a big BA fan? :laugh:

HalJordanFan
09-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Jess,

I agree with the Clark holding back theory except he did give it his all the first time around with Doomsday. Oh and for the record Sup's IMO would beat his ass if both were giving their all. For christsakes he's Superman!!!!!

Jesse321
09-13-2008, 08:39 AM

If that was the case, they would have while he was wrecking havoc destroying everything and everyone in sight.

Jesse321
09-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Jess,

I agree with the Clark holding back theory except he did give it his all the first time around with Doomsday. Oh and for the record Sup's IMO would beat his ass if both were giving their all. For christsakes he's Superman!!!!!

Remember, we're talking revamped Superman here, who's much less powerful than the original Superman ... at this point in time the new Supergirl who has practically all of her original powers is more powerful than Superman ... that's been established several times in the books already.

ALPH4T34M
09-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Remember, we're talking revamped Superman here, who's much less powerful than the original Superman ... at this point in time the new Supergirl who has practically all of her original powers is more powerful than Superman ... that's been established several times in the books already.

What?!:banghead: I've got some catching up to do with regards to Supes.

MrYac
09-13-2008, 02:54 PM
So what's hitting people when BA step out of the way after he says his access word?

like i said it still takes the form of a bolt of lightning, but it's not the same as him walking around in a tin foil hat and being struck and turning back, if it were that easy if somebody got hit with his lightning after saying the word woudn't they transform just like him?

Primal
09-13-2008, 03:22 PM

I know it's been said she's faster & stronger than Superman but...is she pre-crisis powerful?

Tetragrammaton
09-13-2008, 03:42 PM
No, I don't think Supergirl is anywhere near her pre-crisis levels in terms of power.

Reminds me of the dynamic between Kal-L “Pops” and Power Girl from the Earth-2 pre-Crisis days. Superman was by then being written as out of his prime and less powerful than his cousin.

While I think it would be refreshing in a way for DC to have Supergirl out power her cousin, I do believe that it had been explained as simply Superman subconsciously limiting his own power.

Jesse321
09-13-2008, 06:34 PM
I know it's been said she's faster & stronger than Superman but...is she pre-crisis powerful?

That's been the quote unquote "implication" but I don't see it.

Meteor Man
09-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I think BA has access to a gate of a certain attribute of a god. I.e. he can tap into the power at a whim thats from the god. And I kinda agree about the whole thor is a wuss without his hammer. Without he's just another superman archetype. His hammer is a big upgrade and if BA can avoid somehow, he may be able to beat thor.

This statement is hilarious to me. Thor has been around for A LOT LONGER THAN SUPERMAN!!!!!!:eek: How can he be an "archtype" of Superman, when he has been a myth for who knows how many years before Supes was thought of???:confused: :laugh:

MrYac
09-13-2008, 10:11 PM
This statement is hilarious to me. Thor has been around for A LOT LONGER THAN SUPERMAN!!!!!!:eek: How can he be an "archtype" of Superman, when he has been a myth for who knows how many years before Supes was thought of???:confused: :laugh:

perhaps the legend of Thor has, but not the marvel superhero which isn't quite the match to the legends.

isculpt
09-13-2008, 11:52 PM
perhaps the legend of Thor has, but not the marvel superhero which isn't quite the match to the legends.

I meant his actual powers.:banghead: But I see where your coming from. If he doesn't have the hammer, all he has is strength, resistance, etc. Not the actual mythological thor but the comic thor, ya know? With the cape?

isculpt
09-13-2008, 11:55 PM
There its fixed.

gammaguy
09-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Very good battle but Thor wins...next.

Makkari1
09-14-2008, 09:05 PM
like i said it still takes the form of a bolt of lightning, but it's not the same as him walking around in a tin foil hat and being struck and turning back, if it were that easy if somebody got hit with his lightning after saying the word woudn't they transform just like him?

I have to disagree with you about the nature of the bolt. It has all the effects and properties of natural lightning. So if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like duck, then it must be a duck. Shazam uses Zues power (lighting bolts) so does Black Adam. Are you suggesting that if Zues struck Captain Marvel with one of his bolts it would not change or kill him? The same for BA, if Zues or another 'Thunder" god struck him it would have no effect. I think it would.

Makkari1
09-14-2008, 09:14 PM
I meant his actual powers.:banghead: But I see where your coming from. If he doesn't have the hammer, all he has is strength, resistance, etc. Not the actual mythological thor but the comic thor, ya know? With the cape?

In mythology Thor was the thunder god long before he got the hammer. After getting the hammer his was even more dangerous. The comic Thor was pattern after the myth Thor but with some differences. He was more dependant on the hammer and it was written as a plot device to make the stories more interesting. Imagine if Thor really didn't need the hammer then he could be written too powerful and we all know where that leads, boring stories. If think the Stan Lee and Jack Kirby intended the hammer to be an extention of Thor's power and it was just as much a part of him as he was of it (the hammer). A similar thing can be said of Superman. He only has thoes powers near a yellow sun. On Krypton he is a regular guy. BA powers are totally given to him by others, he was not born that and it is not natural to him.

warhead
09-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Dont know who this Black Adam is, but I say punch him in the throat so he cant say his access word, game over before it begins, Thor wins without even trying.

MrYac
09-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Dont know who this Black Adam is, but I say punch him in the throat so he cant say his access word, game over before it begins, Thor wins without even trying.

that right there proves you don't know Adam, he never changes into his mortal form, he's been SHAZAMed since the days of ancient Egypt which has only heightened his powers

Makkari1
09-15-2008, 12:30 PM

You can google Black Adam and read up on him.

that right there proves you don't know Adam, he never changes into his mortal form, he's been SHAZAMed since the days of ancient Egypt which has only heightened his powers

Black Adam rarely changes into his human self because he knows he'll get creamed by all the enemies he's made over the years.

MrYac
09-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Black Adam rarely changes into his human self because he knows he'll get creamed by all the enemies he's made over the years.

pretty much, BA has no need for a secret identity, he is Adam so why change back to a normal man?

bebohawk
09-15-2008, 01:48 PM
I have to disagree with you about the nature of the bolt. It has all the effects and properties of natural lightning. So if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like duck, then it must be a duck. Shazam uses Zues power (lighting bolts) so does Black Adam. Are you suggesting that if Zues struck Captain Marvel with one of his bolts it would not change or kill him? The same for BA, if Zues or another 'Thunder" god struck him it would have no effect. I think it would.

maybe your lightning theory will work with marvel couse he has give some of his power to other but i don't think it will work with Adam because he is more powerful the marvel

bebohawk
09-15-2008, 02:11 PM

you really need to get some Intel before go to war my friend cause i don't think Thor will beat Adam that easy he cant beat Adam in a fist fight even with the hammer or even if he got the Odinforce only dead await for the God of Thunder!!!
all hail the mighty Adam!!!:eplus2:

bebohawk
09-15-2008, 02:18 PM
here what waiting for the god of thunder!!!

All hail the mighty adam:eplus2:

Makkari1
09-15-2008, 03:04 PM
maybe your lightning theory will work with marvel couse he has give some of his power to other but i don't think it will work with Adam because he is more powerful the marvel

The same wizard is responsible for both Adam and Billy. I see no evidence in DC comics that shows Billy as being weaker than Adam. Billy is no where as ruthless as Black Adam. I see no evidence to suggest that the Egyptian Gods are more powerful than the Greek/Roman gods. If Billy did not have the same inhibitions that hold him back now he could be equally as ruthless as Adam. As far as the lightening theory goes the wizard used the same lightening to power both men. Either way neither men have faced a true Thunder God before.

Makkari1
09-15-2008, 03:08 PM
here what waiting for the god of thunder!!!

All hail the mighty adam:eplus2:

Yeah Adam shows how tuff he is by picking on some street level villian to tear in half. Hell street level Wolverine can do that and worst, not impressed with this. :rolleyes2 This is proof that Adam is crazy and needs to be taken down.

bebohawk
09-15-2008, 03:47 PM
maybe you are right the Adam is crazy but i really don't see Thor be the one taking Adam down and i said the billy is weaker because he has give some of his power to other and if adam is not stroger tell me how is possible the the wizard instead of take Adam power away he just imprison him and remember Adam was the first billy is just a copy of Adam

Makkari1
09-15-2008, 04:46 PM
maybe you are right the Adam is crazy but i really don't see Thor be the one taking Adam down and i said the billy is weaker because he has give some of his power to other and if adam is not stroger tell me how is possible the the wizard instead of take Adam power away he just imprison him and remember Adam was the first billy is just a copy of Adam

Of all the beings Thor would be the one to lay the smack down on Adam. As far as Billy sharing his power with the other Marvels yeah the power gets divided in half or slit 3 ways depending on how many. But when Billy keeps all of it the power is equal to BA.

There is story arc that has the wizard removing Black Adam's power but without it Thet Adam is just another criminal. I don't write for DC comics I can only give my opinion. You would not have a story if the wizard took away BA power. Now that Billy has replaced the Wizard he still has to learn how to be a wizard and use all of his abilities including removing Black Adam power. If you read the Trials of Shazam you see that it is the Gods that grant these powers and can remove them at will.

Jesse321
09-15-2008, 05:57 PM
The Gods that grant Billy his powers are the Greek/Roman ones, the source of Black Adams powers now are the Egyptian Gods ... Billy couldn't take away Adam's powers as he (now being the wizard) wasn't the source for them anymore, the only thing that he could do was change the magic word that triggered the transformation. Once Adam figured out the new word, Billy was screwed because Adam will never fall for the same trick again.

And again, we're talking about 2 different individuals, while their power levels might be similar (and even that may or may not be true any more, because the Egyptian Gods may have given Adam more) the way that they both use those powers is totally different. Billy has the same moral compulsions as Clark, Adam has no such complications.

Here's a simple analogy ... give two people the same gun, one has a moral compulsion against killing, the other has more questionable scruples ... who do you think is going to do more damage even with the same gun?

MrYac
09-15-2008, 06:39 PM
The same wizard is responsible for both Adam and Billy. I see no evidence in DC comics that shows Billy as being weaker than Adam. Billy is no where as ruthless as Black Adam. I see no evidence to suggest that the Egyptian Gods are more powerful than the Greek/Roman gods. If Billy did not have the same inhibitions that hold him back now he could be equally as ruthless as Adam. As far as the lightening theory goes the wizard used the same lightening to power both men. Either way neither men have faced a true Thunder God before.

well it has been said Billy is a bit weaker, not just because of the power share but because Adam is virtually never in his "human" form, so he has perfect and full control over his powers. you always bring up that thor has "Thousands of years of being a warrior" or some such, well Adam has the same going for him.

bebohawk
09-15-2008, 06:55 PM
the only way the Thor would beat Adam is because Thor is the good guy and i really don't see that even with help from the avenge

all hail the mighty Black Adam

isculpt
09-15-2008, 10:45 PM
the only way the Thor would beat Adam is because Thor is the good guy and i really don't see that even with help from the avenge

With Thor being the new king of Asgard, I'm pretty sure he will win if he has the hammer. Thats really the turning tide, with it, he's one of the most powerful beings, without it, BA will eat him for breakfast. Oh yeah and don't mention the avengers, you do not even wanna go there my friend.

isculpt
09-15-2008, 10:47 PM
My personal conclusion is that Thor would beat BA 7 times out of 10, but the rest go to BA if he can somehow disarm Thor. But the snazz about that is Thor can summon mjolnir at will. BA has alot going for him, but power wise, he doesn't have that extra mile ya know? Though his mentality is well noted for being extreme.

Argonus
09-15-2008, 11:13 PM
My personal conclusion is that Thor would beat BA 7 times out of 10, but the rest go to BA if he can somehow disarm Thor. But the snazz about that is Thor can summon mjolnir at will. BA has alot going for him, but power wise, he doesn't have that extra mile ya know? Though his mentality is well noted for being extreme.

Thor has better hair and nicer boots.

He gets my vote. :)

I don't know much about B.A. (the DC character, not Mr. T in his prime), but I bought the 52 series.. Adam DOES seem like a force to be reckoned with in it.. but c'mon.. it's THOR we're talkin' about here!!

With such flawless logic purveyed, I must now take my leave. :D

Justin
09-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Black Adam for me :thumbs2:

Makkari1
09-16-2008, 12:51 PM
The Gods that grant Billy his powers are the Greek/Roman ones, the source of Black Adams powers now are the Egyptian Gods ... Billy couldn't take away Adam's powers as he (now being the wizard) wasn't the source for them anymore, the only thing that he could do was change the magic word that triggered the transformation. Once Adam figured out the new word, Billy was screwed because Adam will never fall for the same trick again.

And again, we're talking about 2 different individuals, while their power levels might be similar (and even that may or may not be true any more, because the Egyptian Gods may have given Adam more) the way that they both use those powers is totally different. Billy has the same moral compulsions as Clark, Adam has no such complications.

Here's a simple analogy ... give two people the same gun, one has a moral compulsion against killing, the other has more questionable scruples ... who do you think is going to do more damage even with the same gun?

This is what I've been saying so we agree on some of this.

Makkari1
09-16-2008, 01:07 PM
well it has been said Billy is a bit weaker, not just because of the power share but because Adam is virtually never in his "human" form, so he has perfect and full control over his powers. you always bring up that thor has "Thousands of years of being a warrior" or some such, well Adam has the same going for him.

Spending time in or out of his non powered form is no indication of how strong a person is. Billy has the same moral compass when he is in his Marvel form and is very reluctant to use his full might. This shows the true mark of a hero. You see this with Supes and Thor, they both hold back when fighting beings far below them and especially street level beings. Black Adam doesn't hold back and people mistakingly say he hits harder than so and so when in fact if Billy, Supes or Wonder Woman didn't hold back they would hit just as hard.

Adam can beat up on street levelers all day long ( not impressed with that) but when the day comes that he can beat Superman and Wonder Woman black & blue I'll be a believer, until then he's just another flying brick.

Makkari1
09-16-2008, 01:09 PM

When would Thor need the Avergers to help him beat Adam? now you're just talking crazy.

Makkari1
09-16-2008, 01:10 PM
With Thor being the new king of Asgard, I'm pretty sure he will win if he has the hammer. Thats really the turning tide, with it, he's one of the most powerful beings, without it, BA will eat him for breakfast. Oh yeah and don't mention the avengers, you do not even wanna go there my friend.

I guess Adam likes eating his breakfast with a black eye, busted lip and broken ribs?

bebohawk
09-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Adam can beat wonder woman any day and pretty sure he can stand against superman and beat the crap out of Thor but i bet you Thor cant beat wonder woman and i don't think he will even bother with superman hes way out of his league and bye the way even with a black eye busted lip and broken rips Adam will have asgardian Thorchops for dinner.
all hail the mighty Adam!!!

Makkari1
09-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Adam can beat wonder woman any day and pretty sure he can stand against superman and beat the crap out of Thor but i bet you Thor cant beat wonder woman and i don't think he will even bother with superman hes way out of his league and bye the way even with a black eye busted lip and broken rips Adam will have asgardian Thorchops for dinner.
all hail the mighty Adam!!!

Thor wouldn't beat Wonder Woman especially after a quick roll in hay, she'd be too sleepy to fight. I highly doubt Black Adam could beat Wonder Woman or Supes or else he wouldn't be on the run from Justice. BA is a pale imitation of a real god he's just a pseudo wanna be. The hammer will lay the smackdown.

bebohawk
09-16-2008, 06:17 PM
thor get his ass kick by iron man and you think he will beat adam please!!

bebohawk
09-16-2008, 06:25 PM
ok that was to much :laugh: but still thor will fall against adam

Justin
09-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Spending time in or out of his non powered form is no indication of how strong a person is. Billy has the same moral compass when he is in his Marvel form and is very reluctant to use his full might. This shows the true mark of a hero. You see this with Supes and Thor, they both hold back when fighting beings far below them and especially street level beings. Black Adam doesn't hold back and people mistakingly say he hits harder than so and so when in fact if Billy, Supes or Wonder Woman didn't hold back they would hit just as hard.

Adam can beat up on street levelers all day long ( not impressed with that) but when the day comes that he can beat Superman and Wonder Woman black & blue I'll be a believer, until then he's just another flying brick.

I think MrYac was saying that because Adam has spent so much time in his "God" form he is stronger for it. It's like anyone that continues to use a muscle that muslce will get stronger so because Adam has spent so much time powered up he has become stronger than he normally would be. I've read that in the comics :thumbs2:

MrYac
09-16-2008, 10:26 PM
I think MrYac was saying that because Adam has spent so much time in his "God" form he is stronger for it. It's like anyone that continues to use a muscle that muslce will get stronger so because Adam has spent so much time powered up he has become stronger than he normally would be. I've read that in the comics :thumbs2:

exactly, you can't tell me somebody whos had super powers for a few years will be as effective with them as somebody whos had them for thousands of years even if the base of their powers starts the same

Meteor Man
09-16-2008, 10:44 PM

Actually, it was the other way around. Thor punked Iron Man...

Makkari1
09-16-2008, 11:05 PM

ok that was to much :laugh: but still thor will fall against adam

Wanna be

Makkari1
09-16-2008, 11:11 PM

exactly, you can't tell me somebody whos had super powers for a few years will be as effective with them as somebody whos had them for thousands of years even if the base of their powers starts the same

I know what you are saying I just happen to disagree. Adam IMO is more ruthless because of morals or the lack thereof not because he has more power or had them longer. If the length someone has had their powers made them stronger then all of the New Gods would be unstoppable. The bottom lne is that the Egyptian gods are no more powerfull than the Greek/Roman. Billy is just not as agressive than Adam.

isculpt
09-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Actually, it was the other way around. Thor punked Iron Man...

Which Iron Man should never be punked like the way he was. He was practically crawling, though thor should win, give Iron Man some dignity for pete's sake.

isculpt
09-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I know what you are saying I just happen to disagree. Adam IMO is more ruthless because of morals or the lack thereof not because he has more power or had them longer. If the length someone has had their powers made them stronger then all of the New Gods would be unstoppable. The bottom lne is that the Egyptian gods are no more powerfull than the Greek/Roman. Billy is just not as agressive than Adam.

Was Thor as strong as he was say 10 years ago in the MU? Its only natural things progress, especially if they do activities everyday that leads to progression.

isculpt
09-16-2008, 11:17 PM

Also, I don't think he means actual time, but experience with his god form.

Makkari1
09-17-2008, 01:55 AM
Also, I don't think he means actual time, but experience with his god form.

Experience is one while ruthlessness is another. Adam is ruthless SOB.

Justin
09-17-2008, 02:19 AM

You are aware that "they" have stated in the comics that BA is more powerful because he stayed powered up for such a long period right? It has nothing to do with him being more ruthless or anything like that :thumbs2:

Makkari1
09-17-2008, 02:30 AM
You are aware that "they" have stated in the comics that BA is more powerful because he stayed powered up for such a long period right? It has nothing to do with him being more ruthless or anything like that :thumbs2:

"They" say a lot of things like Superman saying that I've never been hit so hard or Flash saying "that's the fastest I've ever run", but I look at past deeds and they don't show BA anymore powerful than Billy would be if he didn't hold back. Adam does not hold back because he doesn't care if he kills.

bebohawk
09-17-2008, 02:54 AM
see now you are been a heater the fact is the Adam is more stronger the billy and he can beat the crap out of Thor

warhead
09-17-2008, 03:09 AM
So if I write my own comic book and create my own character, give him every power under the sun and name him Red Adam, that means my character can mop the floor with your beloved Black Adam, yahoo lets start another thread Red Adam gives Black Adam a timeout.

bebohawk
09-17-2008, 03:36 AM
bring it Black Adam will still be victorious

Justin
09-17-2008, 09:53 AM
So if I write my own comic book and create my own character, give him every power under the sun and name him Red Adam, that means my character can mop the floor with your beloved Black Adam, yahoo lets start another thread Red Adam gives Black Adam a timeout.

Huh? :confused:

warhead
09-17-2008, 10:59 AM
bring it Black Adam will still be victorious

I kinda knew you would still say something like that.:laugh:

bebohawk
09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
hell yeah you know it:thumbs2:

Makkari1
09-17-2008, 04:22 PM
see now you are been a heater the fact is the Adam is more stronger the billy and he can beat the crap out of Thor

Still drinking that Cool-Aid? Too much of it will cause permanent brain damage or is it too late?

Makkari1
09-17-2008, 04:24 PM
I kinda knew you would still say something like that.:laugh:

hell yeah you know it:thumbs2:

That's all a broken record can do.

bebohawk
09-17-2008, 05:12 PM
That's all a broken record can do.

dont be a hater:laugh:

isculpt
09-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Experience is one while ruthlessness is another. Adam is ruthless SOB.

He's also experienced. If he did everything each day in god form, don't you think he would learn new things while mastering old things? He's experience and ruthless. I think he's stronger than base thor, but with the hammer, Thor mops the floor. Trust me Mak, Thor is strong okay? I even said that he would win 70% of the fights if he were to go up against BA. But BA isn't some pantywaist either.

Makkari1
09-17-2008, 07:09 PM
dont be a hater:laugh:

If there was anything to hate but there isn't.

bebohawk
09-17-2008, 07:14 PM
OK let be real thor without the hammer is wuss and Adam is stronger and have more experience then billy

Makkari1
09-17-2008, 07:27 PM
He's also experienced. If he did everything each day in god form, don't you think he would learn new things while mastering old things? He's experience and ruthless. I think he's stronger than base thor, but with the hammer, Thor mops the floor. Trust me Mak, Thor is strong okay? I even said that he would win 70% of the fights if he were to go up against BA. But BA isn't some pantywaist either.

I don't see it that way, I see 2 things at play here.

1.) Black suffers from the same problem Superman has and that is they live in world where everyone around them are very fragile. If Supes really cut lose people get hurt in a bad way. Superman has had a moral upbringing that his adoptive parents put in him to respect life, Black Adam never had that and if he ever did it's long gone.

2.) The other problem that Superman has is that he never really had people to really challange him thus he never really develope fighting skills. Why learn to block a kick when the person will just bounce off you or hurt themselves. Only recently has Superman had to learn more than just stand there to see if the bullets will bounce off. If what you say is true and Black Adam has been around for hundreds of years then tell me who in all that time has been a challanged to him? I see him developing into a attitude of ambivalence where he just loses all sense of just how weak the average human is to him. He'll become an arrogant SOB with no regard for who he hurts. This would be like you in a room full of 2 year olds for hundreds of years. Who's going to fight you and win?

Personally I like Black Adam he is one of of my favorite DC characters other than Darkseid. I just don't put him above Thor who is a true god and not some mortal with borrowed powers.

Makkari1
09-17-2008, 07:30 PM
OK let be real thor without the hammer is wuss and Adam is stronger and have more experience then billy

And Adam without his "borrowed" powers is a even bigger wuss. Too scared to even change into his true human self.

LoD
09-17-2008, 07:33 PM

that may be true, but thor would still make adam his b!tch

MrYac
09-17-2008, 08:21 PM
And Adam without his "borrowed" powers is a even bigger wuss. Too scared to even change into his true human self.

he's been Adam for a far greater time then he's been a normal human, so i'd say thats much truer to who he really is. Teth is really no more then his Donald Blake now, a shell of who he really is, sure that might be how he was born, but that was thousands, not hundreds of years ago. we're talking BC here, and they aren't Borrowed, they were given to him, thats like saying the hammer is a borrowed weapon

isculpt
09-17-2008, 11:14 PM

Does Thor still not have DB? You cannot possibly think that Black Adam wasn't fighting super beings back then. If he were a superhuman, im pretty sure in the DCU, there were other superhumans at that time. 1000s of years, he could have fought literally anything before superman was even born. I don't place him higher than Thor, but the fact is the hammer does give Thor alot of what he does. Thor without his hammer can be as bad as Iron Man without his armor. Though still capable and resourceful, its hell of alot better with their respective items.

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Does Thor still not have DB? You cannot possibly think that Black Adam wasn't fighting super beings back then. If he were a superhuman, im pretty sure in the DCU, there were other superhumans at that time. 1000s of years, he could have fought literally anything before superman was even born. I don't place him higher than Thor, but the fact is the hammer does give Thor alot of what he does. Thor without his hammer can be as bad as Iron Man without his armor. Though still capable and resourceful, its hell of alot better with their respective items.

That's a poor comparision Iron Man with his armor is toast. Thor is use to fighting without his hammer. In most HTH brawls Thor usually tucks Mjolnir in his belt hell Thor even engages Hulk this way. How many beings in the Marvel U takes on Hulk in this fashion. You think that Thor is a panty waste without the hammer but his not. The question is which character is more dependant. Thor without his hammer or Black without his borrowed magic?

bebohawk
09-18-2008, 12:49 AM
I don't see it that way, I see 2 things at play here.

1.) Black suffers from the same problem Superman has and that is they live in world where everyone around them are very fragile. If Supes really cut lose people get hurt in a bad way. Superman has had a moral upbringing that his adoptive parents put in him to respect life, Black Adam never had that and if he ever did it's long gone.

2.) The other problem that Superman has is that he never really had people to really challange him thus he never really develope fighting skills. Why learn to block a kick when the person will just bounce off you or hurt themselves. Only recently has Superman had to learn more than just stand there to see if the bullets will bounce off. If what you say is true and Black Adam has been around for hundreds of years then tell me who in all that time has been a challanged to him? I see him developing into a attitude of ambivalence where he just loses all sense of just how weak the average human is to him. He'll become an arrogant SOB with no regard for who he hurts. This would be like you in a room full of 2 year olds for hundreds of years. Who's going to fight you and win?

Personally I like Black Adam he is one of of my favorite DC characters other than Darkseid. I just don't put him above Thor who is a true god and not some mortal with borrowed powers.

OK i see what meant but remember adam was a warrior he knew how to fight long before he receive his power and just becuse thor is gad god he cant be beaten?? becouse hulk is human and he sure beat the crap out of thor every time they fight

bebohawk
09-18-2008, 01:00 AM
If Adam fight thor without his power then it will be Teth Adam vs thor but we are taking black Adam vs thor is like saying superman vs billy not cap marvel
i like thor he cool but the fact is he cant beat Adam and if he do he has to use all his strength and power plus the hammer and by the way every time thor fight hulk he get a ass whupping and i think thor is more dependant couse he can fight without the hammer but he is too scare to get his ass kick

isculpt
09-18-2008, 01:27 AM
That's a poor comparision Iron Man with his armor is toast. Thor is use to fighting without his hammer. In most HTH brawls Thor usually tucks Mjolnir in his belt hell Thor even engages Hulk this way. How many beings in the Marvel U takes on Hulk in this fashion. You think that Thor is a panty waste without the hammer but his not. The question is which character is more dependant. Thor without his hammer or Black without his borrowed magic?

Its with respective scaling. Iron Man is less powerful than Thor but they both depend on some serious weaponry. Also, in most HTH combat, when does thor tuck his hammer? Hand to hand means general melee.....
I don't think i said he's panty waist, in fact i said hes comparable heavy weight but fact of the matter is Mjolnir does do alot in battle. Also, Thor is in the same boat as BA. Both have mortal forms who are normal people. Thor without his hammer for a minute*(according to Wiki, he reverts back to DB) or Ba without his *given* powers.

warhead
09-18-2008, 03:05 AM
If I remember right, Donald Blake was a spell that Odin put on Thor to teach him humility.

Sledge Hammer!
09-18-2008, 03:26 AM
I'd give it to Black Adam, but it'd be a hell of a battle.

wktf
09-18-2008, 10:12 AM
If I remember right, Donald Blake was a spell that Odin put on Thor to teach him humility.

You are correct, sir. Donald Blake is a creation of Odin's. Initially, he was written as a mortal human who'd had his own life before finding the stick that tranformed him into Thor and the stick into Mjolnir. Later, it was revealed to be as you say. So, Blake and Thor are one-and-the-same person, just in different forms, like Billy Batson and Captain Marvel but unlike the case previously with Rick Jones and Captain Mar-Vell.

wktf
09-18-2008, 10:14 AM
IAlso, in most HTH combat, when does thor tuck his hammer?

This certainly has happened before, though Thor will tend to wield rather than withhold Mjolnir. The time the comes to mind immediately is when he sheathed Mjolnir in Journey Into Mystery #112 in order to go hand to hand against The Incredible Hulk.

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 11:26 AM
he's been Adam for a far greater time then he's been a normal human, so i'd say thats much truer to who he really is. Teth is really no more then his Donald Blake now, a shell of who he really is, sure that might be how he was born, but that was thousands, not hundreds of years ago. we're talking BC here, and they aren't Borrowed, they were given to him, thats like saying the hammer is a borrowed weapon

Thor was born a god and his father put a human shell on him. Adam was born a man and was granted powers from gods (like Thor) to do what he does. If the gods decided to remove their gift Adam is a nobody. His powers are borrowed because they are not his and they were given to him and can easily be taken away. Whats more devastating, Thor loosing his hammer or Black Adam loosing his power?

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 11:54 AM
OK i see what meant but remember adam was a warrior he knew how to fight long before he receive his power and just becuse thor is gad god he cant be beaten?? becouse hulk is human and he sure beat the crap out of thor every time they fight

I never said Thor couldn't be beaten, he can, but not by Black Adam. You seem to think that Black Adam can't be beaten, I beg to differ. Thor typically holds back when fight mortals especially the Hulk. If Thor went all out (Celestial) fighting mode Hulk is toast. Its curious how Thor can go out all on the Destroyer but won't on Hulk, why, could it be that he is holding back? Hulk is also one of the strongest beings in the Marvel Universe and can take on just about anyone including Adam.

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 12:07 PM
If Adam fight thor without his power then it will be Teth Adam vs thor but we are taking black Adam vs thor is like saying superman vs billy not cap marvel
i like thor he cool but the fact is he cant beat Adam and if he do he has to use all his strength and power plus the hammer and by the way every time thor fight hulk he get a ass whupping and i think thor is more dependant couse he can fight without the hammer but he is too scare to get his ass kick

What "facts" do you have to support your spurious claims.The last time I checked Thor transforms into his human counterpart all the time. I guess he is secure and confident in who he is and what he can do, while Adam is so paranoid and insecure in himself to be human. I guess with all the enemies he's made over the years he has to stay as Black Adam.

RichBamf
09-18-2008, 12:33 PM
What "facts" do you have to support your spurious claims.The last time I checked Thor transforms into his human counterpart all the time. I guess he is secure and confident in who he is and what he can do, while Adam is so paranoid and insecure in himself to be human. I guess with all the enemies he's made over the years he has to stay as Black Adam.

What 'facts' do you have to support that?

It's not even really a weakness is it? All it shows is that he can stay like that for prolonged periods and doesn't feel the need for a secret identity. ;)

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Its with respective scaling. Iron Man is less powerful than Thor but they both depend on some serious weaponry. Also, in most HTH combat, when does thor tuck his hammer? Hand to hand means general melee.....
I don't think i said he's panty waist, in fact i said hes comparable heavy weight but fact of the matter is Mjolnir does do alot in battle. Also, Thor is in the same boat as BA. Both have mortal forms who are normal people. Thor without his hammer for a minute*(according to Wiki, he reverts back to DB) or Ba without his *given* powers.

Thor uses Mjolnir mostly but he also tucks the hammer in his belt. He has also fought the following with fist only:

1.) Hercules
2.) Hulk
3.) The Destroyer
4.) Beta Ray Bill

Thor now only turn into Blake because he wants to keep a moral compass, something Black Adam lacks. The human form Blake is the shell, Thor is really who he is. Thor's hammer is used for a variety of things but he still has his natural wheather powers without the hammer. He can call down lightening as a offensive weapon rain wind etc. The hammer just helps Thor control those powers better.

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 12:37 PM
What 'facts' do you have to support that?

It's not even really a weakness is it? All it shows is that he can stay like that for prolonged periods and doesn't feel the need for a secret identity. ;)

The fact that the last time BA changed to a human it nearly cost him everything.

RichBamf
09-18-2008, 12:40 PM
The fact that the last time BA changed to a human it nearly cost him everything.

One time in 7000 years ain't that bad.

But how many times have we seen DB be a weakness to Thor? It used to happen all the time in the Avengers.

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 01:40 PM
One time in 7000 years ain't that bad.

But how many times have we seen DB be a weakness to Thor? It used to happen all the time in the Avengers.

Who in the world is he going to fight all those centuries ago? A half crazied Camel? Times are different now with heroes who can match Adam's power. He had best remain Black Adam because otherwise he gets beat down. As far as DB goes that was the lesson that Odin was teaching Thor and it made for good writing.

RichBamf
09-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Who in the world is he going to fight all those centuries ago? A half crazied Camel? Times are different now with heroes who can match Adam's power. He had best remain Black Adam because otherwise he gets beat down. As far as DB goes that was the lesson that Odin was teaching Thor and it made for good writing.

For all your talk, it comes down to schoolboy arguments.

What a shame...

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 04:22 PM
For all your talk, it comes down to schoolboy arguments.

What a shame...

Sometimes schoolboy arguments are the best. But have you not read anything that I posted? Black Adam is one of my favorite DC charcters and is a force to be reckconed with. He would be one of the toughest opponents Thor would face. I just disagree with the outcome of the fight.

bebohawk
09-18-2008, 04:23 PM

i guess thor like to be human but Adam don't like to be a regular guy why be regular when you can be super??? and remember he is a bad guy he's suppose to have enemies especially if you kill a hole country like Adam did and become the world most wanted human

MrYac
09-18-2008, 04:36 PM

i just find this to be somewhat silly, you must remember Adam was chosen by SHAZAM to wield the power for a reason, so to think there were no super human threats back then is silly

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 05:21 PM
i just find this to be somewhat silly, you must remember Adam was chosen by SHAZAM to wield the power for a reason, so to think there were no super human threats back then is silly

Its even more sillier to think that there where back then the same number of super powered heroes & villians running around. Plus the Wizard didn't choose wisely because he should have known absolute power corrupts absolutley and Black Adam is corrupt.

MrYac
09-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Its even more sillier to think that there where back then the same number of super powered heroes & villians running around. Plus the Wizard didn't choose wisely because he should have known absolute power corrupts absolutley and Black Adam is corrupt.

well Thor and all his asgardian buddies as well as lord knows how many other immortal otherworldly super beings were around then, so i'd say there were plenty of super buddies to fight. and nobody is saying Shazam made the best choice:p

isculpt
09-18-2008, 07:24 PM
I never said Thor couldn't be beaten, he can, but not by Black Adam. You seem to think that Black Adam can't be beaten, I beg to differ. Thor typically holds back when fight mortals especially the Hulk. If Thor went all out (Celestial) fighting mode Hulk is toast. Its curious how Thor can go out all on the Destroyer but won't on Hulk, why, could it be that he is holding back? Hulk is also one of the strongest beings in the Marvel Universe and can take on just about anyone including Adam.

Hulk is toast? Though the writing sucks, its called Red Hulk my friend....;) Lets not bring the hulk in this okay?

bebohawk
09-18-2008, 07:43 PM
red hulk smash puny thor :D

isculpt
09-18-2008, 10:52 PM

He wanted to start bringing the big H, then he better put his dukes up!:p

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Hulk is toast? Though the writing sucks, its called Red Hulk my friend....;) Lets not bring the hulk in this okay?

So you admit that the writing sucks. I also recall a certain green Hulk getting his arm broken and put in a sleeper hold only to pass out on the bridge, but I digress. Hulk (green) is also a favorite of mine and I like him and Thor as well.

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 11:08 PM

Red Hulk smash puny Adam especially if Loeb is writing.:peoples:

Makkari1
09-18-2008, 11:12 PM
He wanted to start bringing the big H, then he better put his dukes up!:p

It wasn't I that brought up Hulk's name, it was Bebohawk that did that. I was just comparing Thor to Black Adam.

isculpt
09-19-2008, 12:53 AM
It wasn't I that brought up Hulk's name, it was Bebohawk that did that. I was just comparing Thor to Black Adam.

Just messing with you man.:laugh: But still, Thor did have watery eyes......;)

Makkari1
09-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Just messing with you man.:laugh: But still, Thor did have watery eyes......;)
huh?:confused2

RichBamf
09-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Red Hulk smash puny Adam especially if Loeb is writing.:peoples:

Red Hulk could smash God if Loeb was writing :puke2:

bebohawk
09-19-2008, 04:47 AM
i have to admit the red hulk kick ass and i really not a fan hulk but the red one is awesome and still adam can beat the crap out of thor:thumbs2:

Makkari1
09-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Red Hulk could smash God if Loeb was writing :puke2:

Sadly but true.

Makkari1
09-19-2008, 10:20 AM
i have to admit the red hulk kick ass and i really not a fan hulk but the red one is awesome and still adam can beat the crap out of thor:thumbs2:

Dreaming!

Justin
09-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Would Thor even lay a hand on Adam with Adam's superspeed?

Makkari1
09-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Would Thor even lay a hand on Adam with Adam's superspeed?

He wouldn't have to seeing how Mjolnir is a faster than light speed weapon.

Justin
09-20-2008, 01:30 AM
He wouldn't have to seeing how Mjolnir is a faster than light speed weapon.

Thor's arm throwing the hammer isnt though and thats what Adam would be reacting to! :D

Makkari1
09-20-2008, 02:32 AM
Thor's arm throwing the hammer isnt though and thats what Adam would be reacting to! :D

Like most DC apologist speed is the one trumph card that you think will win the day when in fact it won't. You think that Thor and other Marvel characters don't have any speed what-so-ever and that DC guys will run rings around them when in fact they can't. All of Marvel high powered beings have super human or better relexes. In others words speeders are not really an problem. For debate's sake, let's say that what you say is true would you say that Flash and those like him should never lose a battle especially with non powered humans. Yet Flash is repeatedly tagged by Bommerang and others all the time, why?

Wih the type of speed that DC uses really require that the brain be accelerated to the point where it can think faster than what the body moves at otherwise you never take advantage of the speed because by the time your mind thinks to do something you will have missed, passed by or what you are trying to do. Basically you will make yourself unable to live inthe real world because you will always passed it by. Writers rarely use this because its a nightmare to write. I read Black Adam mini series and Adam just dosen't use super speed as you say otherwise Hawkman should not have gotten off 3 solid shots to Adam and I assure you that if Thor is gets 3 solid shot on Adam down he goes down.

. when in fact they get alot with. You ever heard the haste makes waste? That term is used to illustrate that going too fast gets you more in troubled Now you are trying to build something into Adam that's not there. During the Black Adam mini series when he fought Hawkman Adam used no Super speed.

isculpt
09-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Like most DC apologist speed is the one trumph card that you think will win the day when in fact it won't. You think that Thor and other Marvel characters don't have any speed what-so-ever and that DC guys will run rings around them when in fact they can't. All of Marvel high powered beings have super human or better relexes. In others words speeders are not really an problem. For debate's sake, let's say that what you say is true would you say that Flash and those like him should never lose a battle especially with non powered humans. Yet Flash is repeatedly tagged by Bommerang and others all the time, why?

Wih the type of speed that DC uses really require that the brain be accelerated to the point where it can think faster than what the body moves at otherwise you never take advantage of the speed because by the time your mind thinks to do something you will have missed, passed by or what you are trying to do. Basically you will make yourself unable to live inthe real world because you will always passed it by. Writers rarely use this because its a nightmare to write. I read Black Adam mini series and Adam just dosen't use super speed as you say otherwise Hawkman should not have gotten off 3 solid shots to Adam and I assure you that if Thor is gets 3 solid shot on Adam down he goes down.

. when in fact they get alot with. You ever heard the haste makes waste? That term is used to illustrate that going too fast gets you more in troubled Now you are trying to build something into Adam that's not there. During the Black Adam mini series when he fought Hawkman Adam used no Super speed.
Just because he doesn't use it, doesn't mean he doesn't have it. Super speed>Super reflexes. If someone is faster than someone, its more likely he would have the faster reflexes as well? Also, Thor has been hit before as well, yet he has super reflexes?

bebohawk
09-20-2008, 06:58 AM

in the mini series adam knew that hawkman was not treat so he let hawkman hit him but adam could kill hawkman in 1 sec but just didn't do it couse he got other things more important to do he just flew away

MrYac
09-20-2008, 03:30 PM
when in fact they get alot with. You ever heard the haste makes waste? That term is used to illustrate that going too fast gets you more in troubled Now you are trying to build something into Adam that's not there. During the Black Adam mini series when he fought Hawkman Adam used no Super speed.

and Thor uses every one of his powers every single battle and never loses even when he shouldn't right?

Meteor Man
09-20-2008, 06:55 PM

I generally agree with you on most things Makk, but honestly, the Flash is one of those characters that is not written correctly. His speed is such, that if they wrote the charcter as his powers are on paper, nothing could touch him. It's pathetic to think that someone who can move at many times the speed of light would get tripped by someone with a broom, or hit by a boomerang. That is totally ridiculous, as he could run around the world once, and still be back before the boomerang arrived and catch it in his hand. In the same way, Superman has an advantage with his speed, which, although not as fast as the Flash, is still superior to most others characters. And, speed kills, as the commercials say, no doubt about it.

I voted for Thor over Black Adam as well, but in the speed department, on paper. Black Adam should be faster. He has power from a God who's power "IS" speed. Thor's speed is not going to top that, unless they've said that the Odin force gives him speed of that degree. But, c'mon, they have changed Thor's abilities several times to keep him charged up to a certain level of omnipotence. Maybe you disagree with me on that, but I have felt like Thor and the Hulk are totally different characters than the ones I used to read about back in the 70's and 80's. They have REALLY ramped them up, so that they keep on getting bigger and better. Honestly, a character like the Juggernaut was above both Thor and the Hulk when I was reading comics back in the early 70's, and I remember reading an article by someone high up in Marvel in the letters column of a Hulk magazine that Juggy was more powerful than the Hulk, but they've changed things, and now, honestly it is a bit of a toss up. I just hate it when they keep ramping powers up so their character can "one up" the competition. Seems lame.

Wow, sorry that I rambled so long. I didn't mean to digress from Thor VS BA, and I still think Thor would clobber BA, IMO. The reason I feel like Thor would win, is that he would recognize the blood thirsty killer he was dealing with, and pour it on early and often with BA, which would cause Adam to go into a rage, and make the mistake of going toe to toe with Thor, instead of using speed, flight, and distance attacks. Mjolnir chops BA down like a tree.

Makkari1
09-21-2008, 05:51 PM
in the mini series adam knew that hawkman was not treat so he let hawkman hit him but adam could kill hawkman in 1 sec but just didn't do it couse he got other things more important to do he just flew away

Then he could have used the speed just to get away. But Adam won't fight that way his arrogance will let him stand there ad trade blows with Thor and end up losing the fight.

Justin
09-22-2008, 06:01 AM

Ok couple things here.

I'm a "Marvel" man but I just happen to believe that Adam would take Thor. So don’t label me please.

And you really shouldn’t pick and choose when you want to pay attention to what is written in the comics. It kind of makes the comics redundant. Should we all just come and ask you what's right and wrong in comics? Because you never seem to be wrong mate :redface:

HalJordanFan
09-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Ok couple things here.

I'm a "Marvel" man but I just happen to believe that Adam would take Thor. So don’t label me please.

And you really shouldn’t pick and choose when you want to pay attention to what is written in the comics. It kind of makes the comics redundant. Should we all just come and ask you what's right and wrong in comics? Because you never seem to be wrong mate :redface:

Of course! I can't believe you people are still going back and forth on this!! Makkari is feeding on this. :laugh:

Makkari1
09-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Ok couple things here.

You say you are a Marvel fan (I believe that you are) but you use what most DC fans say that their heroes have over Marvel's and that is speed. I happen to disagree that the speed advantage that DC has is not really there based on what they do in their own comics. I'm just stating what I've seen in DC's own comics mate not following some blind loyalty to Marvel.

No doubt Black Adam is one tough customer and he means business and in fact he is one of my favorite DC characters. He would also give Thor all he could handle but in the end I see Thor winning based on his power set. Of course all of this is just theory and these types of fights are never settled so you have your opinion and I have mine. Of course you can just agree with me a save yourself time replying to meaningless emails or you can enjoy the debate. :D

Makkari1
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Of course! I can't believe you people are still going back and forth on this!! Makkari is feeding on this. :laugh:

So you found me out you've let the cat out of the bag. Of course I'm feeding off this, I love debates.

Justin
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM

What do you mean "you people" :laugh: