Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Hughes in the public eye seems to be a down to earth and just a good ole boy, but I have heard from guys in the know is that the man is arrogant and more often than not an ass hole. Hughes is still one of my favorites.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #12
snappahead
Producer
Producer

That's what it is. Hughes comes off as EXTREMELY arrogant and dismissive. He was a d!ckhead to GSP and now he's being a d!ckhead to Serra. He seems fine when he's in the ring and giving his pre/post fight interviews (for the most part), but when you really see him on this show, he proves over and over what a pr!ck he really is.

There's no denying that he's one of the best pound for pound fighters in the sport, but that has nothing to do with what kind of person he is.

Glad I ain't alon on the Joey hatin. What gets me about all these guys who freak out in the house is that they KNOW what kind of situation it is going in. They're told they can't have phone calls. They're told it's going to be six weeks. They know they may lose early and have to stick it out. And they also know that it's the greatest opportunity an up and coming fighter can get.

The guy's had his mentor begging him not to puss out...Dana White and every person on the show telling him to get his sh!t together and he's still acting like a punk. It's unbelievable. There are guys who'd be willing to fight with fresh bullet wounds to have that opportunity and he's wanting to quit cause he misses his brand new girlfriend. Showed no heart in his fight and he's showing even less now.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:00 AM   #13
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Wow....that's all I can say. I knew Joe was a tool, but I had no idea just how right I was. This weeks episode showed everyone watching exactly how not to be. Not only was this moron willing to give up the great opportunity that the show provides, but gladly walked away from a longtime friendship (and job I might add) simply to get out of the house and "back to his girl".

You know, I almost feel sorry for him, cause he's going to be pointed and laughed at for the rest of his life for this incredibly stupid behavior. I ALMOST feel sorry for him. What an idiot.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:46 AM   #14
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Wow....that's all I can say. I knew Joe was a tool, but I had no idea just how right I was. This weeks episode showed everyone watching exactly how not to be. Not only was this moron willing to give up the great opportunity that the show provides, but gladly walked away from a longtime friendship (and job I might add) simply to get out of the house and "back to his girl".

You know, I almost feel sorry for him, cause he's going to be pointed and laughed at for the rest of his life for this incredibly stupid behavior. I ALMOST feel sorry for him. What an idiot.
It's truly amazing at what a momo this guy is. I don't feel sorry for him at all. He had his best friend tellling him - His potential future boss in Dana White telling him - The assistant coach and allot of the guys telling him so I don't feel sorry in the least. When he gets home and 3 months later his girl leaves em' it's all going to come crashing down on him. Then he's going to go to Serra crying and he might get his job back but he'll probably never fight in the UFC. I cannot believe this guy. I was so frustrated just watching him.

Good job Joey.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote