Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #31
Nekita
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
I wish they gave WETA the liscense for TDK we would be getting some stellar TDK statues right now. The ones theyve previewed are average.
I agree. Weta and Cinemaquette would be my top choices for this license.
Nekita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #32
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
stop talking to us and get on it. you know i love your stuff to have them officially licensed means just a little bit more.

this would make a great start
Hells yeah! That would be the best start!
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #33
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekita View Post
I agree. Weta and Cinemaquette would be my top choices for this license.
cinemaquette?are you kidding me? i would like the statues before the 25th anniversary edition DVD of the same movie is released.weta would be the one to go with ,i cant even imagine the stuff they would come up with.their superman stuff was out of this world.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #34
moore_000
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman4ever View Post
SON OF A *****!

I'm sure you've all seen the July Solicts. for DC today, if you haven't, click me! DCD REALLY needs to step-up their efforts. The (motherflippin') DARK KNIGHT is coming out in July (a movie that is going to be LEGENDARY, especially after Heath's untimely death) and all they have to show for it is a Joker bust and 1 average, not-over-the-top, looking statue?

Right now, if DC actually did some research and listened to fans, we'd all be looking for 2nd jobs to pay for all the goodies coming out in July. Obviously, that's not the case. We should be getting PFs, 1:1 of Joker's beautiful face (who in their right mind wouldn't want a Heath Ledger 1:1 to commemorate his memory in their display?) A kickass (masters replica style) 1/6 scale of the bat-pod.

This is easily to MOST comic fans the BEST comic franchise out there right now and this is how they reward that talent and devotion?

Seriously, why can't they license their material out, like they did for Superman Returns? OR, at the very least, USE the talent (and they have crazy talented individuals locked away over there) that they have? This is a HUGE event for them and the pickings as SLIM as hell.

And then they harass fans, especially independent producers, when us fans go elsewhere to get what we really want.

Sorry to rant this way but I'm pissed to NO degree. What the hell! DC, to me (and this comes from a Marvel fan as well) has the BEST universe hands down. Superman, Batman, Wonder woman, GL, etc. ARE, to me, on another level of coolness and it hurts SO damn much to see DC just throw away all the potential there could be for this mediocre crap!

I have to get back to rounds...can you believe it? I'm so pissed I took my 30 minute break from the hospital to rant?
But you have to think in $$$. The Batman Begins and Superman Returns movie related statues are now about $60.00 including shipping at eBay and they where retailed at well over $100.00 . The movie related statues don't hold their value once the hype is over. As a corporation, I don't think they want to venture into this too deeply and repeat the same mistake again. Love for the characters is one thing, but in the end everyone has to eat and pay the bills.
moore_000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #35
superdude
The X-Men

Frankly I thought the SR statues were a major disappointment. The Weta ones were decent, but hardly worth the huge price at the time.

And everything else either didn't look like Routh or just looked plain cheap.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #36
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_000 View Post
But you have to think in $$$. The Batman Begins and Superman Returns movie related statues are now about $60.00 including shipping at eBay and they where retailed at well over $100.00 . The movie related statues don't hold their value once the hype is over. As a corporation, I don't think they want to venture into this too deeply and repeat the same mistake again. Love for the characters is one thing, but in the end everyone has to eat and pay the bills.
It's cause the statues suck, if they didn't then they would hold their value and possibly even increase.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:21 AM   #37
superman4ever
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_000 View Post
But that goes for everything. If Sideshow didn't deliver on an item, it would decrease in value over time as the demand underwhelms the overstocked supply. Moreover, if they produced quality Batman Begins statues and at a more limited edition size, for instance 2000 compared to a 5-6000 edition size demand would be higher.

More quality, less rubbish quantity = demand.

And, I think, TDK Joker statues, in lieu of Heath's death are going to be inflated (more than usual) for a while after the movie's release.

For most of us the DEMAND is huge for DC to start upping the ante. We have some great lines, Women of the DCU, Batman Black and White, the "Versus" line to name a few. But they are too far between, IMO.
superman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:22 AM   #38
superman4ever
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
I can design some AWESOME bookends .... Legion, JSA, Warlord, Titans, Doom Patrol ... Captain Carrot! !
No doubt you'd knock it out of the park, but I'd rather see your talents used for more "out of the box" initiatives.
superman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:34 AM   #39
moore_000
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman4ever View Post
But that goes for everything. If Sideshow didn't deliver on an item, it would decrease in value over time as the demand underwhelms the overstocked supply. Moreover, if they produced quality Batman Begins statues and at a more limited edition size, for instance 2000 compared to a 5-6000 edition size demand would be higher.

More quality, less rubbish quantity = demand.

And, I think, TDK Joker statues, in lieu of Heath's death are going to be inflated (more than usual) for a while after the movie's release.

For most of us the DEMAND is huge for DC to start upping the ante. We have some great lines, Women of the DCU, Batman Black and White, the "Versus" line to name a few. But they are too far between, IMO.
Sorry, but most recent DC Direct bust and statue are too small in scale. I don't need the 1/4 scale monsters from Sideshow, but I don't like to use magnifying glass to view my collections.
moore_000 is offline   Reply With Quote