Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 04-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #41
Comicboy
Deadman

Well I found out Monday I may be losing my job of 13 years. Thanks, appreciate it.
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #42
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicboy View Post
Well I found out Monday I may be losing my job of 13 years. Thanks, appreciate it.
Man, that's a drag.

Everything happens for a reason though, and if it happens, I'm sure you'll be off to bigger and better things.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #43
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Sorry hear this CB ... hopefully it will mean better things in the future.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #44
Mandragora
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
so sorry to hear it.

i wish you all the best
Mandragora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #45
Comicboy
Deadman

Thanks guys. Yeah I don't really know what's going to happen, nobody does. At least they aren't telling anyone other than their cutting 750 people and losing a shift. So now we have one shift here and 2 other plants building gas guzzling pigs that nobody want's to buy. GM isn't very bright.

On my bright side I filled out my app for school yesterday so if I do lose my job I can have something to fall back on far away from the auto industry. To tell you the truth I'm totally sick of the bs and if it comes I'm not going to cry about it. Is it gonna suck money wise - you bet but at least 1) I'll be alive past 55, 2) I'll be able to walk and move when I'm old and 3) my life will be my own again and won't be completely at someone else's whim.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:29 PM   #46
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Cool

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks guys. Yeah I don't really know what's going to happen, nobody does. At least they aren't telling anyone other than their cutting 750 people and losing a shift. So now we have one shift here and 2 other plants building gas guzzling pigs that nobody want's to buy. GM isn't very bright.

On my bright side I filled out my app for school yesterday so if I do lose my job I can have something to fall back on far away from the auto industry. To tell you the truth I'm totally sick of the bs and if it comes I'm not going to cry about it. Is it gonna suck money wise - you bet but at least 1) I'll be alive past 55, 2) I'll be able to walk and move when I'm old and 3) my life will be my own again and won't be completely at someone else's whim.
That is terrible news. Sorry to hear it! I wish you the best.

But you have the correct outlook. Like someone said earlier, everything happens for a reason. and now you may get a chance to take control back of your life. More power to you!!

Good luck!! And Best wishes!!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #47
Tommy Allison
Sculptor
Sculptor

Get as much of a severance package as you can get. Make sure you get your health care covered.

Check Out My Blog at....

http://madrobotstudios.blogspot.com

My portfolio is...

http://www.comicspace.com/madrobotommy
Tommy Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #48
Comicboy
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Allison View Post
Get as much of a severance package as you can get. Make sure you get your health care covered.
Yeah thats not really an option for me Tommy. I work in a factory for GM. My options are to stay and ride it out for as long as possible and let the chips fall where they may or sever all ties for about $80,000. I dunno what I'm going to do other than go back to school for now. Right now I still have a job there but who knows for how long.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:42 AM   #49
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Allison View Post
I blame the enviro-wackos for our current plight.

We have 10,000 years worth of coal that could be turned into gasoline, and we have another 30,000 years worth of oil trapped in oil shale. Yet, we're subsidizing farmers to throw away our food, in order to water down our gasoline with crap.

Go figure. We should be using those subsidies in order to develop other sources of energy that we have in stock, instead of driving up food prices.
preach it brotha!
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote