Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-18-2008, 12:18 AM   #81
Justin
Jedi Order

I have to say Kevin Garnett just gave the worst post game interview of all time! What a complete wanker!!!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:38 AM   #82
nordvader
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
The Lakers are losing to a better team, Posts like this are a big reason so many people dont like the Lakers
People will find new reasons everyday to hate the Lakers besides comments like that.

I know how you feel statuecrazy being a Laker fan is like rooting against the world. I love Kevin Garnett but I can't stand Ray Allen. Does anybody know who won finals MVP because giving it to Paul Pierce whould be absolutely terrible both Allen and Garnett played a whole lot better than him.

The Celtics deserved it because they played harder I'm just completely tired of the whole Boston fans ( not anyone on this board) whinning attitude about how their city hasn't one anything in so long. There are plenty of cities that havn't even won a championship be thankful for what you have. I completely stopped watching baseball because of ESPN's constant pre-world series victory Red Sox coverage.

It's stuff like this that makes people wonder was something fixed or not.

For months we had to hear about the Celtics being able to draft Greg Oden.
Then when they miss out they make two awesome trades that tip the scale of the league. It's like we where being prep since last year to expect big things from the Celtics.I'm not blaming the fans in general it's more media than anything. Once in awhile I would like to hear a story about another winless sport city.
nordvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:04 AM   #83
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Hats off to the Celtics! They played much harder than the Lakers did in this series, regardless of any home court advantage. Growing up as a Lakers fan since late 70's, I still prefered the Magic/Bird rivalry eras.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #84
fossa2
Like a Phoenix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I have to say Kevin Garnett just gave the worst post game interview of all time! What a complete wanker!!!
I have to agree with you on that one. I watched a little after the game ended & turned the TV off when he kept babbling. I think it's a bad idea to stick a microphone in someone's face at that time, but damn, that was unwatchable.
fossa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #85
fossa2
Like a Phoenix...

Congrats to the LAKERS!

Never in a million years would I have expected them to be playing in the NBA Finals when this season started. They have exceeded expectations immensely. When the Playoffs started, I knew they would have no problem with the Nuggets, but after that, who knew? They finally met their match in the Celtics...the one team I was hoping they would not meet in the Finals.

Congrats to the CELTICS!

Phenomenal season! Great job! I knew you would give the Lakers a tough fight...but I was hoping they could beat you. The Lakers will be back next year...*WITH* Bynum...and they'll kick your a$$es!! :tounge:
fossa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #86
blue_rogue
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa2 View Post
I have to agree with you on that one. I watched a little after the game ended & turned the TV off when he kept babbling. I think it's a bad idea to stick a microphone in someone's face at that time, but damn, that was unwatchable.
Yeah, KG probably wasn't the best guy to go to first for an interview. His whole career he's had to hear about how he couldn't win in the playoffs. He's very intense anyway and he just kind of let it all out, and I'm not sure of half of what he said. It's all good though.
blue_rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #87
blue_rogue
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Lakers fans should definitely look back on the season be proud of what their team accomplished. Like fossa said, they weren't expected to be a legitimate contender this year. Even when the playoffs started I thought the Spurs or Hornets would go further than the Lakers.

They definitely have a solid foundation set for the next several years, and getting Bynum back will help, but I think they need to toughen up a bit if they want to win a championship. There's a very good chance we'll be seeing a rematch in next year's finals.
blue_rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #88
Weapon X
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
Hats off to the Celtics! They played much harder than the Lakers did in this series, regardless of any home court advantage. Growing up as a Lakers fan since late 70's, I still prefered the Magic/Bird rivalry eras.
Again, my congrats to all the Celtic fans. The Celtics did a great job of shuting down the Lakers.

I too am a fan of the late 70's early 80's Lakers team's that will forever be my favorite.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:05 AM   #89
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuecrazy View Post
No I don't think so either I know the Celtics are the better team. Im just upset over sports in general. It is getting crazy you have the spygate thing then you have Umpires who can not determine what a home run is. Now the NBA is having former officials claimimg they have fixed games. Im a big fan of all sports. Im just hot tempered. I appoligize Congrats to the Celtics and there fans.
Hey, I understand about getting upset when your team losses. No problem here. It is upsetting when you hear about refs who are dishonest. You have to put your trust in them, and when they show that they are un-trust worthy, it causes you to lose faith in them. Sounds like most of the people who are in the political arena now...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote