Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #261
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceb View Post
..agree thx...that's probably a problem with the silicone..they use 3d scans of some of the artists....then use a 3d printer...but when you cast these..there's big chances that the final silicone product get's distorted..that happens a lot ....even big pieces and life size heads are not easy to make when you work with sillicone...resin is easier..since it's more solid and the chances of it deforming are less....i don't think cm has mastered it yet..who knows...maybe in the future they will...

as a replica of real flesh it has no equal. Resin cannot hold a candle to it.
jet_force_juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #262
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

what is the exact size of this?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:17 AM   #263
bruceb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_force_juno View Post
as a replica of real flesh it has no equal.Resin cannot hold a candle to it.
..obviously it looks more real...nobody is saying otherwise..i'm just explaining the process...and the chances of things going wrong with silicone...
bruceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:18 AM   #264
Exar Kun
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I really want to see in real that HCG Rambo statue. That's the most beautiful resin human sculpt, mass produced, in scaled, I have ever seen.

But need to see in real.
Exar Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #265
cking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Nice to see the likeness (or the finishing of the paint, eyes and hair application) has been improved.

PLEASE tell me that the ribbon on the hat can be turned around though. It's inexcusable if CM have sent this out with the bow on the wrong side of the hat considering how many reference photos exist (not to mention they can just watch the movie at any time on DVD if they're unsure about anything).

To me though, this statue could have benefitted greatly from more care and attention to SCALE of the buttons / accessories. Those freaking buttons on the shirt are HUGE. The Sideshow PF totally wins on scale and accuracy of their costume detailing.

The colour of the pants are more like Last Crusade though. They should have used the same sort of fabric as Sideshow used on the PF for those pants if they wanted this to be a better representation of Ford's costume from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Chris
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:03 AM   #266
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Looks a lot better now, need to see more pics to see how good it really is.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #267
maximum_minimal
Frackin!

imho

I've been perusing these forums for a little while, and thought I might give my two cents about the Indy CM.

I definitely think that CM have come as close as they can with the Harrison Ford likeness. I mean, the company is still making what is essentially a glorified action figure, not a human clone, and they're making it with artificial materials. It's a toy, not your own little Harrison Ford to carry with you and call upon for aid in times of need (eg when Mola Ram comes knocking at your door).

I suppose the ONE thing that's letting Indy down is his eyes. Yep, CM have got the trademark nose and chin parts right, and the face itself (cf the CM Jack Sparrow) doesn't look too bloated, nor do the eyes appear too close together (cf Aragorn). However, the eyes still look like they're painted on. Which they are. But (and as others have mentioned in this forum) glass eyes would have been the better material. It just makes sense to use glass for eyes and hair for hair. Painted eyes were and are acceptable in lower end products (NECA 18 inchers, for example) but at 2000 bucks CM has cut corners. And the lack of eye lashes (but I admit that would have been hard to make) on the lower eye lid only amplifies this problem.

Ah well.

Otherwise, it's pretty decent. Even the clothing is pretty cool.

I must admit when I first saw ASAKA's photo I thought he had just photo-shopped an old image of Indy just to scam us all. But nah, it's all good. In the end, I'd say it's the best HUMAN representation that CM has made so far (Arnie looked like Richard Nixon with his massive jowls).

And just ONE other quibble. I wish CM had left the name-plate silver instead of gold. Just looked better against the colour-palette used in the statue as a whole. I guess CM can't always hire the best creative talent.
maximum_minimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:14 PM   #268
maximum_minimal
Frackin!

imho

double post

Last edited by maximum_minimal; 07-08-2008 at 10:15 PM. Reason: (double post)
Old 07-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #269
bruceb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum_minimal View Post
In the end, I'd say it's the best HUMAN representation that CM has made so far (Arnie looked like Richard Nixon with his massive jowls).
....one more attribute to the cm arnie...
bruceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #270
maximum_minimal
Frackin!

Yeah, Arnie looks funny. But I guess it's based on T3, so he's like 90 years old in that film.

Btw, can we get some photos of Indy:

1) From a distance (so we can see the full impression of the final product), and

2) Of the packaging.

That'd be sweet. Say, Asaka, what could you possibly be doing in your spare time today?