Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #391
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrex View Post
Thanks a lot guys, will make some more pics next time.
Picture onslaught, really nice. You have any problems putting the Alien in to the base by the way?
jet_force_juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #392
Vader
Ghost

Hey guys,

How does the CM alien compare to the sideshow alien 3 maquette? preferences? Has anyone observed the CM alien next to the palisades signature alien statue? they have some similarities at a glance.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #393
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

you'd probably be better off making your own thread in the SS section if you're seriously contemplating a purchase and want a lot of feedback but just based off the pics (i dont own either) i think the detailing of the CM wins. Both have nice paint apps, the coloring of the Maquette is certainly more of an eye catcher and the pose is much more dynamic. However, the detailing on the CM, especially on the dome, i mean just look at the pics in the OP, you can see every last detail of the skull, its pretty incredible. The SS maquette has more of a clouded appearance. I suppose the biggest negative of the CM and biggest strength of the SS maquette is the pose, but i think thats very unfair since the CM peice is totally true to the first movie where you really never see the Alien crawling around. In much of the movie its standing. The other thing is the fact that the CM peice comes with a certificate signed by Giger. Apparently SS values Gigers signature quite a bit based off the insane price they're charging for that signed alien mini bust. Plus, with me personally, theres an added satisfaction in owning a peice based off a classic movie. For example, as nice as the collectibles for AvP may get, i'd never buy one cause the movies were garbage. Thats not to say Alien 3 was bad, but it certainly fell far short of the previous 2.

The biggest negative with the CM is the brainless purchase system. $1500 bones and they dont have a flexpay option? Stupid.
DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:34 AM   #394
joyrex
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_force_juno View Post
Picture onslaught, really nice. You have any problems putting the Alien in to the base by the way?
No problems, it worked very well.
joyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:45 AM   #395
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Hey guys,

How does the CM alien compare to the sideshow alien 3 maquette? preferences? Has anyone observed the CM alien next to the palisades signature alien statue? they have some similarities at a glance.
This has been discussed many times in the Sideshow section.
Though both are fantastic maquettes, I prefer the Sideshow Alien3 maquette.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #396
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well they are different versions and kinds of aliens..the Dog Alien has a nice pose though. I have yet to see one in person.
Darth_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #397
rugby1970
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph79 View Post
I tell ya... as much as I'm CRAZY about the entire Alien franchise... I just can't bring myself to buy this maquette. It just totally bugs me that they posed the xenomorph up on his tippy toes and I just don't think the paint application is all that interesting. I guess in a nut shell I just think there are soooo many things about this maquette that could have been better.

Is anyone else bugged about the whole ballerina xenomorph pose as I am or am I alone on this?..
I've had this piece for a while now and really love the pose. It really does feel likes its in motion and not like he's standing still for the camera.

Agree with someone else who said it looks like the scene with Parker.
rugby1970 is offline   Reply With Quote