Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #51
lockford88
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
I bought one item from ya Chris and you were pretty cool about everything.
ha...thanks...
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #52
Davidian
Omega Flight

You had my grail at the time.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #53
lockford88
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
You had my grail at the time.
what was it?
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #54
Predalien08
Kindly Asked To Leave

PAYPAL SUCKS......PERIOD. Everyone says there great( as did I) until I got taken for $350 and here wasn't a damn thing they did for me, well except take my money.
Predalien08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:00 PM   #55
parasite74
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predalien08 View Post
PAYPAL SUCKS......PERIOD. Everyone says there great( as did I) until I got taken for $350 and here wasn't a damn thing they did for me, well except take my money.
same has happened to me.From what I've experienced paypal is on the side of the buyer, even when the seller can provide evidence to support their story.
parasite74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #56
fantasticrour
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If people get their items after they left you negative, can't lockford88 communicate with buyer and Ebay to mutually lift that negative feedback?

And when you send items out, you should always include tracking number. That tracking number has the date you SENT and the date it was RECIEVED.

Unless you're sending it out late, whihc the tracking number also shows.

I understand a negative here and there, but to constantly get complaints and negatives, it's got to be something the seller is doing wrong.
fantasticrour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #57
Vader
Ghost

I've had problems with ebay/paypal myself. Don't like their policies or their BS. But it seems impossible to escape.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #58
fantasticrour
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Ebay is like a monopoly.
fantasticrour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #59
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
Another reason why I don't ship internationally! TOO MUCH HASSLE!
Yep i learned that very quickly. I would often get asked to falsly label items, like an expensive electronic, as a peice of clothing. Now i just put "will not ship internationally" in big bold letters at the start of every auction and ignore inquiries. I understand that VAT and import taxes suck but if people dont want to pay the fees they'll get nothing from me. The chance of getting screwed by the buyer is just way too high. Plus, i'd like to consider myself a nice person, but im not going to risk getting investigated for mail fraud in order to help some random person save, at most, a few hundred bucks.

lockford88, have you actually tried contacting a high level paypal CSR over the phone? I'd be shocked if they wouldnt actually have a discussion and listen to what you have to say. In a situation like this i wouldnt even consider relying on emailing as the primary form of communication.
DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #60
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

PayPal is the worst. A buddy of mine at work sells a lot of vintage sports cards and memorbilia. He just told me about this one earlier in the week.

Sold a lot of a couple hundred vintage cards to a lady about a month ago. When she got them, she emailed complaining that some of the cards were not in the condition advertised and she wanted her money back. So, he starts snooping around her account and finds that she has some of the key cards that were in the lot for sale individually! He emails back saying no refund, you are already reselling all of the expensive cards that you complained to me about. She files a PayPal claim and, of course, they refund her money, even though he sent them the links to all of her auctions. Sure enough, he gets the cards back a few weeks later and ALL of the good cards are missing. He calls PP and they basically say there is nothing they can do. He calls back a few more times and finally get a "manager" on the line who simply asks him what he thinks the missing cards are worth. A few minutes later the money is back in his account, lol. Who runs a business like this??? This scammer got a full refund, kept all the high-end cards and then resold them. My buddy gets his money back and doesn't have to show any proof whatsoever of what the cards missing were worth. Just goes to show they have no "rules" they just do whatever they feel like whenever they feel like.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote