Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-01-2008, 03:11 AM   #1
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

al davis

did anyone watch any of the press conference. he is officially crazy. he would say one thing and then he would say the exact opposite. he started a story about the end of the buffalo game and then finished the same story but it was the end of the half of the chargers game. i was totally confused by that story until i realized he had merged both games into one story.

when he introduced the new head coach he said
he has been our line coach and you know how good that has been.
yeh i know how good. it has been our weakest spot on the team.
he was the oline coach at falcons and they were the best run team.
that is true
he was at ucla and i dont know what he did there.
what? he is going to be your head coach and you dont know his history
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:35 AM   #2
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

I know it's his team and he can do whatever he wants, but I really wish someone could step in. I'm no Raiders fan, but I don't see how the bleeding is ever going to stop with him at the helm. What big name coach would ever take that job? He used to be a fun character that seemed to shoot from the hip, but now he just seems like he needs a keeper.

Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:15 AM   #3
The Watcher
Loki

Al bleeds silver & black.

BTW, Matt Millen is available if they need a GM.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
TK-421

Al has done allot for the League and for the Raiders, but now he is just hurting both by not giving conrtol onto others.

It really is to bad, the Raiders have some good talent on that team, they need a coaching staff that can steer it in the right direction and stand up to Al.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #5
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I'm old enough to remember Al when he was sharp as a tack and at his best. When he was there weren't many better. Now he is like a crazy old uncle rambling incoherently about things that aren't relative to anything.

I never thought I'd here Hawkeye say it though.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
hawkeyethearcher

wow

Retired defensive lineman Warren Sapp apparently had one more crushing tackle left in him, unleashing an attack on Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis during a television appearance

"Al Davis knows football, it's just '60s and '70s football," Sapp said on Showtime's "Inside the NFL. "That's what it is. He's thinking that Cliff Branch is outside and (Jim) Plunkett is dropping back and you can throw it 80 yards down the field — deep ball, deep ball, deep ball."

Sapp, who retired after last season, said Lane Kiffin never got a fair chance as the head coach in Oakland when he arrived at the start of the 2007 season. Kiffin was fired this week.

"He came in there with a change of mentality," Sapp said. "The whole system. He changed how the locker room looked because it was going to take that kind of overhaul for Oakland to become the proud franchise we all knew it was."

Sapp, who played four seasons with the Raiders, said Davis undermined his coaches by calling plays from the owner's suite in the stadium.

"I remember the first two weeks I was there, we played a preseason game," Sapp said. Somebody came up one time and said, 'We're going deep right here, dog.' I said, 'How do you know?' He said, 'The phone just rang.'

"All the preparation that goes into a week of work is there, the practicing that you have to put in order to do these things, sometimes (Davis) messed with that part of it and that's what kills you."

The Raiders have lost 11 or more games for five straight seasons and are off to a 1-3 start this fall. Sapp said the Raiders' problems won't go away until Davis does.

"You take him out, put him at home watching film or whatever he is doing (and) you have a functioning football organization," Sapp said.

The former defender's advice for players and other personnel in the meantime?

"Any person that calls me on the telephone, (I say) do not go anywhere near Oakland."
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #7
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Scott Linehan is available too!
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #8
Alex655321

Bring in Matt Millen

I slap myself for that one !
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote