Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 03-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #41
TrueFaith
Kindly Asked To Leave

Now that the world has seen Rorschach in all his psycopathic glory, Batman's going to look like a real puss in the next movie.
That sounds like a heck of a movie opening. I know I would have been PO'ed! I haven't been to a movie in a while that actually made the crowd get up and start cheering as the ending credits began to roll, but that's what happened when I saw it. I had this weird feeling as I was leaving the theatre and I finally realized that what I was feeling was pride in what they had accomplished in adapting this story. I was actually proud of a comic book movie for the first time in my life and it shocked the hell out of me. The little hairs on the back of my neck stood up for the whole 2:46 running time and when Rorschach spit out lines like "I'm not in here with YOU. You're in here with ME!" it just sent electric currents up my spine.
As soon as I got home from the movie I hit eBay and bought the whole mini-bust collection of characters.
I'm seeing it for the second time today (this time in IMAX) and I'm just as excited as I was on opening day. I can't wait until they release the deluxe DVD set of Watchmen, because this is one movie that I want to see several dozen times!
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:20 AM   #42
Almart
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Blu-Ray for me please !!!
Almart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #43
Monty Props
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I've come so close to pulling the trigger on this piece. I've seen it on display in three different comics shops and the paint quality on each one is so inconsistent (mostly on the face). It sucks that after all these years this was the best D.C. could do.
Monty Props is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #44
The Batman Professor
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I also loved the movie, but have encountered a bit of strange phenomena with this. I teach art majors at a large university, and out of the students who've seen "Watchmen," 80% have disliked the film. When asked for their reasons, most say, "too long and dragged out." I then ask about "Dark Knight," and they say it was long too, but held their attention. "Watchmen" will surely make a profit for WB, but it looks like it will be regarded as a disappointment. I sincerely hope this does not have a negative impact on other "adult" comic adaptations. With "Dark Knight" making over $1B worldwide, Nolan is safe, but what of the others?
The Batman Professor is offline   Reply With Quote