Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #61
demonhunter
Kingpin

Wonder Woman Animated Movie.

Spoilers.
In the movie,they showed how a relationship developed between Steve and Diana.
The funny intricacies of how they interacted with each other, with one, being madly in love with the other. The other, a complete outsider who is essentially like an alien from another planet, never having seen children or a city like ours before, or how women in our society seemed like the 'weaker' sex. This was one of the fun parts, the culture shock so to speak that Wonder Woman experienced. Bewildering and funny.

The highlights of this movie are:
1)Great animation and art, great action, in fact, as good as that from Gotham Knight. Definitely better than Avengers 1 and 2. More detailed than the latest Hulk VS Wolverine.
2)Nathan Fillion did a great job with his voice acting as the flirty, gung ho Steve Trevor
3)Straight forward story telling
4)A darker tone/ more violent than that of your usual DC animated features or Marvel animated movies. I was surprised to see that in the opening sequence, the first decapitation scene appeared. But I was very pleased.

Weak parts of the movie that could have been improved:
1)Background music was not 'grand' enough. When the final epic battle began and carried through, the background music was quite soft.
2)Voice acting of Kerri Russell and Alfred Molina could have been better. Another reviewer had said that Molina didn't sound menacing and strong enough as the god of war. I kind of agree. I think if they were aiming for a villain that was not just plain brawn but very sophiscated, polished, cultured and cunning, yet menacing like Marcus from Highlander:Search for Vengeance, Zachary Samuels would fit the bill in my opinion.
The interaction between the characters were not well portrayed.
3)Sometimes, the jokes seemed forced or out of place.

At first, I felt that this portrayal/drawing of Wonder Woman was like a drag queen too. Based on the promo posters and advertisements.

But after watching the movie, she doesn't look that bad. Maybe she doesn't look like the usual soft curvy feminine facial features of a girl in cartoons, but more of the angular and tough girl look.

I don't think she looks like a drag queen. Not that bad. Not as bad as giving Superman those ugly 2 vertical lines on his face in the Supermanoomsday animated movie.

Anyways,I'm keeping this in my collection and wouldn't mind watching it a few more times.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #62
jsnchrry
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
Wonder Woman Animated Movie.

Spoilers.
In the movie,they showed how a relationship developed between Steve and Diana.
The funny intricacies of how they interacted with each other, with one, being madly in love with the other. The other, a complete outsider who is essentially like an alien from another planet, never having seen children or a city like ours before, or how women in our society seemed like the 'weaker' sex. This was one of the fun parts, the culture shock so to speak that Wonder Woman experienced. Bewildering and funny.

The highlights of this movie are:
1)Great animation and art, great action, in fact, as good as that from Gotham Knight. Definitely better than Avengers 1 and 2. More detailed than the latest Hulk VS Wolverine.
2)Nathan Fillion did a great job with his voice acting as the flirty, gung ho Steve Trevor
3)Straight forward story telling
4)A darker tone/ more violent than that of your usual DC animated features or Marvel animated movies. I was surprised to see that in the opening sequence, the first decapitation scene appeared. But I was very pleased.

Weak parts of the movie that could have been improved:
1)Background music was not 'grand' enough. When the final epic battle began and carried through, the background music was quite soft.
2)Voice acting of Kerri Russell and Alfred Molina could have been better. Another reviewer had said that Molina didn't sound menacing and strong enough as the god of war. I kind of agree. I think if they were aiming for a villain that was not just plain brawn but very sophiscated, polished, cultured and cunning, yet menacing like Marcus from Highlander:Search for Vengeance, Zachary Samuels would fit the bill in my opinion.
The interaction between the characters were not well portrayed.
3)Sometimes, the jokes seemed forced or out of place.

At first, I felt that this portrayal/drawing of Wonder Woman was like a drag queen too. Based on the promo posters and advertisements.

But after watching the movie, she doesn't look that bad. Maybe she doesn't look like the usual soft curvy feminine facial features of a girl in cartoons, but more of the angular and tough girl look.

I don't think she looks like a drag queen. Not that bad. Not as bad as giving Superman those ugly 2 vertical lines on his face in the Supermanoomsday animated movie.

Anyways,I'm keeping this in my collection and wouldn't mind watching it a few more times.
If Wonder Woman is a drag queen then I've been playing the crying game..j/k
jsnchrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #63
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Wow one of the best comic cartoon movies ever... I really like how they included the Cheetah at the end. Fantastic, I hope Green Lantern is just as good.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #64
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Fantastic movie! Loved every minute of it.
'As if you could out-drink an Amazon' LOL
riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #65
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Watched it again with the wife.
She liked it and learned a lot about the character.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #66
demonhunter
Kingpin

I am looking forward to the upcoming Green Lantern animated movie too.

I just hope it is as good as this or even better.

Spoiler
Yeah, the Cheetah was a surprise

And I liked some of the tongue in cheek dialogue.

When Trevor was captured and bound by the Amazons for interogation, upon seeing all the beautiful Amazons,
Trevor: "Wow, I haven't had this dream since I was 13."

Near the ending:
Woman: "Mr President, the enemy forces have been defeated"
President: "By whom?"
Woman: "By what appears to be an army of armoured super models"
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #67
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I just watched this, and it was pretty enjoyable, but I liked the Hulk VS movies much better...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #68
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Bought it the day it came out..

Voice-acting and animation were spot on.. there was nothing masculine about WW's appearance.

She's an Amazon, she's not supposed to be a waif.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote