Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-29-2010, 03:34 AM   #11
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

It may be ironic that way, but it's a little convoluted, and loses the elegance. No natural human learns anything.

I simply need Deckard to be human, or the whole thing falls apart and moments like this just collapse...

Batty surely would have recognized one of his own kind. He lectures Deckard with those famous lines..

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..."

You people.

I think it's good that there is a seed for Deckard as replicant, we need to ask the question, and through that the viewer may question their own nature as well.

One thing for sure, in 82 it was sorely under appreciated. Many used to Han Solo or Indy thought it was boring. Critics dismissed it as "pretty".

My father had died that year and the nature of life and death was heavy on my young and struggling mind, so it resonated somewhere with me. Scott pulling the Deckard as replicant card is along the lines of Greedo shooting first at Han for me.

For the Final Cut... I didn't like they took out the "I want more life, effer." line and changed it to "I want more life, father." Took some of the impact out of the scene. It made Batty clearly in rebellion against his "god" Tyrell.

I think the first collected set of the comic is out next week. The whole book is going to take a long time. Hopefully sales are good.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #12
JLM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Batty surely would have recognized one of his own kind. He lectures Deckard with those famous lines..

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..."

You people.
The "you people" comment is interesting, and something that I hadn't considered before, though I don't think it is a given that replicants are able to distinguish their own kind from humans. After all, "More Human Than Human" is the Tyrell Company motto i.e. replicants indistinguishable from humans.
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote