Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 01-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #51
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Actually the latest attacks in Moscow were committed by Female suicide bombers.
They find a boob laying around?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #52
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Not at the airport but the subway one in March 2010 was confirmed as two women. They are disposable in certain countries.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #53
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I've heard of several suicide bombers in Israel being women, or more accurately, girls.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #54
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
The majority of terrorist attacks within America are done by far-right groups, mainly white men. Not in terms of maximum causalities but in terms of attempts/success. Should all white men be stopped everywhere there's a security line?

Racial profiling has consistently been shown as ineffective. I'm not talking by some wacky lefty organizations that I probably support (haha) but by police departments across the nation.

If you want to go to one of the top authorities on the subject, Israel knows a thing or two about terrorists. One of their ex-chiefs of security at their international airport says it's ineffective.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=122556071

It's the easy way out but it's ineffective and it's certainly not the smart thing to do.
Far right groups? Like who? I haven't heard of a far right terrorist attack since McVeigh, and he was kicked out of militias and wasn't in any "group" that they could identify.

RE the profiling, here is from your own article

"Mr. RAFI RON (Consultant, Logan Airport): We use profiling. It is not the racial profiling. It is profiling that takes into consideration where somebody comes from, and if somebody's home address is Gaza, we should be paying more attention to details compared to, for example, a Holocaust survivor from Tel Aviv. "

I can't speak for anyone else but for me this is all I'm asking. Look at someone who's home address is Gaza a little more seriously than an old nun from Wyoming. The idiotic system we use is torment everyone the same, regardless, and hope "randomness" works better than actual reason and logic.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #55
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Actually, men is the term I prefer to use. Just a small percentage of the practitioners of men are radical extremists; it is among those who commit these heinous acts of terrorism.

Nevertheless, all of the acts of terrorism I've heard about on the news and read about for the last ten years have all been committed by men.

That's not to say that there haven't been acts of terrorism committed by non-men; however, there's no denying - NO DENYING - that the vast percentage - if not all - of the terrorist acts have been committed by men.

Pathetic.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #56
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Far right groups? Like who? I haven't heard of a far right terrorist attack since McVeigh, and he was kicked out of militias and wasn't in any "group" that they could identify.
Off the top of my head (so pardon me if I spell any of these wrong), Scott Roder (the anti-abortion guy), Jim Adkisson, and Byron Williams. There was also that one Christian militia that was planning to murder officers in Detroit.

Though I suppose that depends on your definition of far-right groups. I consider militias and anti-abortion groups to be there. I'm sure that one homeland security report from a year or two ago would have more details.

Quote:
RE the profiling, here is from your own article

"Mr. RAFI RON (Consultant, Logan Airport): We use profiling. It is not the racial profiling. It is profiling that takes into consideration where somebody comes from, and if somebody's home address is Gaza, we should be paying more attention to details compared to, for example, a Holocaust survivor from Tel Aviv. "

I can't speak for anyone else but for me this is all I'm asking. Look at someone who's home address is Gaza a little more seriously than an old nun from Wyoming. The idiotic system we use is torment everyone the same, regardless, and hope "randomness" works better than actual reason and logic.
Yeah, I agree with that method of security. Look for what's suspicious, including places traveled, behaviour, past activities, whatever indicators have proven successful. It's not like the government doesn't have access to that info...seems like it'd come in handy.

But that is substantially different than simple racial profiling. I guess that makes it one of the very few subjects we'll ever agree on.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #57
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

35 people now dead including British, Italian and French.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #58
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
Within our lifetime air travel will be government controlled and there will be armed soldiers stationed at each terminal.
when I was in India a few years back, there were armed guards all over the airports I went through. I sure wasn't going to tick any of them off.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote