Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #551
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptguy View Post
yeah.. I'm sure you're a real brain
That's got nothing to do with brain actually it's just about being a comic book geek.Again this is something you'd find hard to believe.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #552
sculptguy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I've read the comics as well. I bought(on ebay) #94- the end of JB's run on the bk yrs ago. So don't be so smug. But this thread is getting off topic so please refrain from the juvenile digs
sculptguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #553
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I just saw it and I love it is too awesome Magneto is the Man but like all other X-men movie why they always make Mystique hair that way why not just regular hair still is a awesome movie easy one of the top 5 from Marvel
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:35 AM   #554
faivico
Doh!

I saw First Class recently and thought it was a great movie.
faivico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #555
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Saw it tonight and really enjoyed it, but I still think X2 was better (at least I think I think that). Will have to watch X2 again to be sure
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #556
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

Woooooow. I just saw this last night, waiting this long because I hate crowds. It may be the best Marvel movie to date...maybe. Spiderman 1, and Ironman 1 being in the run IMO.

I'll be the first to admit as an Xmen fan that the idea of "xmen fist class" was kinda a turn off, didn't look very intersting, and the franchise maybe seemed overdone by now.

The only two real complaints I've seen from anyone who's seen this movie are from the wolverine fans; put out that he's not dominating another X-men movie with his tired, haunting, can't get along because I've lost my history somewhere storyline(Jokingly folks)...or else those who don't like the character selection.

To the Logan fans, tough beans. He's got his own franchise now and you'll get more logan soon enough. There's more to the X-men then wolverine.

On the character selection...I agree a bit, but I can't blame the writers much on this unless this was a total reboot/restart, though, ...and it's not. It was a prequel more than anything absorbing the Magneto scipt. There's been four X-men titles already with dozens of characters introduced, so it's impossible to build it as the original team. One example being X-3 just introduced Angel as a kid so it would be impossible to bring him into this story. With that said, I thought they did as well as they could with what's already been played in the other movies thus far. The story was fantastic. Maybe it just seemed fresh because it wasn't another Wolverine/X-men movie...cough.

I've a new found love for Magneto. The depth of his character was the fantastic. I may see this one again at the theaters, and I've no done that since I was a kid (Keaton/Nicholson Batman - Ha!) I'd recommend this move to anyone.
ctuckr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #557
Lord Loki
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Enjoyed this a lot. I dont like any of the other X-men movies so I was kinda shocked by how good this one is
Lord Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #558
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Loki View Post
Enjoyed this a lot. I dont like any of the other X-men movies so I was kinda shocked by how good this one is
Same goes for me.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #559
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Or it could've just been a couple of fun cameos for people who don't overthink things.. I know most of the people in the theatre enjoyed it.

Stan Lee's in almost every one of these Marvel films... but that's not possible!! He died in Incredible Hulk after drinking that soda!!
That wasn't Stan per se. And the reason how he cold be in so many Marvel movies could be:
A) his clone (Multiple Man-ish)
B) alternate universe versions
C) shape shifting mutant looking like Stan Lee

I thought the movie was entertaining on face value only. Eye candy (moira was gorgeous in lingerie - insert wolf howling picture here)

Agreed, Mags owned the show. Chuck came in a distant second. Beast was lame. Angel lame. Mystique was ugly with that god-awful makeup and wig with high forehead, didn't look good in human form either. Emma was too skinny for boobs that big, she doesn't have that cerebral intensity/killer good-looks that Emma Frost should have. Havok was pretty cool. Banshee flying with his yelling was kinda sad. Darwin?? Magneto's helmet was great though for a change. Loved the cameos.

I guess no one has the balls nor brains to do a plausible movie with Archangel, Sinister and/or Apocalypse as the villain. Shaw?? Bacon is Bacon good as always but why Shaw???

It was good fun that's it, much like all the other Xmen movies, but it just sucks they can't make it along the lines of great believable superhero movies like TDK or Batman Begins, Iron Man, Spider Man or the Norton Hulk.

Thor was better than this.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #560
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
I guess no one has the balls nor brains to do a plausible movie with Archangel, Sinister and/or Apocalypse as the villain. Shaw?? Bacon is Bacon good as always but why Shaw???
I think if there's a sequel that uses either the original five or the FILM original team, which I guess would now include Cyclops, Storm, Beast and Jean. The Villain SHOULD be Sinister.

Get some Summers brothers obsession in there and it'd be great.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote