Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #201
risingstar
Jedi Order

We finally saw Season IV of BG on bluray. While I immencely enjoyed much of the series, as someone who could not be more of an athiest, sadly, I must admit that I was put off by the angels and "higher power" angles. To me, it felt like cheating. In other words, when all else fails, simply say "he works in mysterious ways".

I identified so much with Adama as he appeared to be losing his mind with all this destiny and prophecy talk. I had hoped the writers would steer the storyline back towards the rational and less towards the supernatural to end things.

This is just one man's opinion.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #202
randy_marsh
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
We finally saw Season IV of BG on bluray. While I immencely enjoyed much of the series, as someone who could not be more of an athiest, sadly, I was put off by the angels and "higher power" angle. To me, it felt like cheating. In other words, when all else fails, simply say "he works in mysterious ways".

I began to identify so much with Adama as he appeared to be losing his mind with all this destiny and prphecy talk. I had hoped the writers would steer back towards the rational and less towards the supernatural to end things.

I understand what you're saying, but many of the characters did talk about a "god" or multiple"gods" the entire series. I'm not saying them using it was the best ending season 1 and 2 were great, the final five reveal was some shocks and good, the end was just okay to me.
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #203
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy_marsh View Post
I understand what you're saying, but many of the characters did talk about a "god" or multiple"gods" the entire series. I'm not saying them using it was the best ending season 1 and 2 were great, the final five reveal was some shocks and good, the end was just okay to me.

I know, and on the most part, I grew to tolerate that the way some people say "oh my god" whenever they're shocked or impressed by something. However, once it became clear that some sort of theology was going to take center stage, the show started to lose me. However, I don't want to turn this into a discussion about religion. I'm just saying that in BG, the use of theology appeared to do much less for me than it appeared to do for others. And, that's okay.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #204
randy_marsh
I am da law!

Quote:
I know, and on the most part, I grew to tolerate that the way some people say "oh my god" whenever they're shocked or impressed by something. However, once it became clear that some sort of theology was going to take center stage, the show started to lose me. However, I don't want to turn this into a discussion about religion. I'm just saying that in BG, the use of theology appeared to do much less for me than it appeared to do for others. And, that's okay.
That's fair enough, I certainly do see a lot of people talk about "wtf was Starbuck?" and that the ending was a cop-out on forums. It probably just got to the point where the writers wrote themselves into a corner.
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #205
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
We finally saw Season IV of BG on bluray. While I immencely enjoyed much of the series, as someone who could not be more of an athiest, sadly, I must admit that I was put off by the angels and "higher power" angles. To me, it felt like cheating. In other words, when all else fails, simply say "he works in mysterious ways".I identified so much with Adama as he appeared to be losing his mind with all this destiny and prophecy talk. I had hoped the writers would steer the storyline back towards the rational and less towards the supernatural to end things.

Whoa, for a minute I thought you were talking about Lost.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #206
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

A bit late to the party...

Recently picked up the complete series from amazon for dirt cheap. Jumping into this show completely blind (for the most part) but I've heard great things. Watched the 3 hour opening pilot/movie thing and really into it already. Love most of the characters as well
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #207
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

yup...bumping up a thread for a show that everyone is long over with by now

anyways, started it up in February and just reached Season 4. This show started good but got weaker as it went along. First few episodes of Season 4 seem really weak as well. I'm hoping there is a good ending to the show as if not it'll all seem like a giant waste. Feels like the story is moving forward at a snail's pace in this "hunt for Earth"
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote