Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #71
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I agree, we should license bank tellers, theater owners, bartenders and waitresses, pilots, bus drivers, school principals and teachers, hell everyone over 18 should be licensed to have a gun.
Finally. Somebody talking some sense.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #72
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Aurora locals, how big is the city/town? Wondering because it seems that you hear more about these type of shootings in smaller town than in large cities. I think that if that went down in L.A., Miami or NYC, the crowd would shoot back.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #73
coolandwarm
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Today I just want to give my condolence to those that went to the midnight showing of batman in Colorado and a college student thinking he was the joker did the most horrible thing possible. This news really upsets me and hurts how people do these types of actions.

I know its out of topic but I was enjoying reading the posts and turned on the tv and seen the horrific news.
coolandwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #74
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Aurora locals, how big is the city/town? Wondering because it seems that you hear more about these type of shootings in smaller town than in large cities. I think that if that went down in L.A., Miami or NYC, the crowd would shoot back.
Pretty big, officially. Population is a little over 300K. It's the third largest city in the state (Denver is #1, and Colorado Springs #2.) Add to that the fact that Aurora is completely adjacent to Denver (I live in Denver officially, but I'm only about 2 blocks from the Denver/Aurora border), and it's a part of the very large Denver metro area.

I think it happened so fast, and considering the tear gas and the confusion of the movie, I don't know that anyone would have had time to react, honestly.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #75
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Pretty big, officially. Population is a little over 300K. It's the third largest city in the state (Denver is #1, and Colorado Springs #2.) Add to that the fact that Aurora is completely adjacent to Denver (I live in Denver officially, but I'm only about 2 blocks from the Denver/Aurora border), and it's a part of the very large Denver metro area.
I figured it was close to Denver from the news and reading here (Google as well) but did realize the size of it. Just amazing how nobody close to him saw it coming and if they did, didn't have the courage to speak up before hand. That level of cowardice is unimaginable both for the shooter and anyone who knew him knowing something bad was eventually going to happen.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #76
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
I figured it was close to Denver from the news and reading here (Google as well) but did realize the size of it. Just amazing how nobody close to him saw it coming and if they did, didn't have the courage to speak up before hand. That level of cowardice is unimaginable both for the shooter and anyone who knew him knowing something bad was eventually going to happen.
I don't think anyone knew. Word now is that he bought a ticket, went out the back, propped open the door so he could come back in, got dressed in his body armor, and walked back in through the exit door. I don't think anyone had the opportunity to stop him.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #77
kaza5555
New Republic

Reports have come in that all guns were purchased legally in the past six months. That enough triggers a red flag.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #78
Spideristic
Kingpin

Posted by Aurora Police Dept @AuroraPD, call (303) 739-6346 to make direct donations or visit http://coloradocrimevictims.org

http://bloodbanker.com/banks/state.php?state=CO
Here are the places to donate blood in CO, which they are currently in need of badly and quickly.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #79
MinMay
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

He color his hair red and told police he was "Joker". POS...
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #80
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

One aspect of the story has me a little confused.

Seems that some of the injured were very young children (some reports indicate a 6 year old among the injured). What would children that young be doing at a midnight showing of Dark Knight?
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote