Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #91
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
Forget whether or not you should bring a baby to see the Dark Knight, it's inconsiderate to the audience. I know I hate it when I'm sitting there and all of a sudden a baby or small child start to cry during the movie. It happened during the Avengers. I have kids, when they were younger we didn't dare take them to the theatre for fear they would disturb the rest of the audience. As a parent you make sacrifices, if you can't find a sitter you stay home and wait for the DVD.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #92
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

You would imagine he is not sane. How could he be. The fact that he planned it all doesn't necessarily mean he's sane though does it.

What I can't understand is how someone like this can purchase all of these guns legally in the first place. Of course, I don't live in the US but for those that do, doesn't that just scare the sh!t out of you.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #93
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
You would imagine he is not sane. How could he be. The fact that he planned it all doesn't necessarily mean he's sane though does it.

What I can't understand is how someone like this can purchase all of these guns legally in the first place. Of course, I don't live in the US but for those that do, doesn't that just scare the sh!t out of you.

No because he was smart enough to have gotten them illegally if he was that committed and clearly he was. Or he could have just taken a truck through a line of people going 60 mph. Your not going to stop someone that is psycho and committed to the act from getting the tools to do so.

You can't legislate away crazy.

What does scare me is that if I were in this situation, my firearms would be at home and useless to do anything against someone like that because I am a law abiding citizen.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #94
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
No because he was smart enough to have gotten them illegally if he was that committed and clearly he was. Or he could have just taken a truck through a line of people going 60 mph. Your not going to stop someone that is psycho and committed to the act from getting the tools to do so.

What does scare me is that if I were in this situation, my firearms would be at home and useless to do anything against someone like that because I am a law abiding citizen.
Absolutely, you can't legislate away crazy. But allowing crazy to walk into a gun shop and legally buy a shotgun, two hand guns and a high powered assault rifle can't be a good thing can it?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #95
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post

My wife and I are both taking CCW classes that will enable up to carry for self protection. The hard thing is that with as dark as what a theater is, I think it would have been very difficult to return fire without injuring others in the theater.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #96
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Aurora locals, how big is the city/town? Wondering because it seems that you hear more about these type of shootings in smaller town than in large cities. I think that if that went down in L.A., Miami or NYC, the crowd would shoot back.
Yeah, I've always thought of that if this only happens more in littler town.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #97
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post

How would anyone know hes crazy? No issues with law and educated.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #98
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Could you guys imagine if this lunatic was in SDCC? That'll be massive chaos.
Freaking scary thoughts.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #99
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171 View Post
My wife and I are both taking CCW classes that will enable up to carry for self protection. The hard thing is that with as dark as what a theater is, I think it would have been very difficult to return fire without injuring others in the theater.
Most of my concealed carry capable handguns have night sights and I have practiced in low light conditions. Since this is a typical home burglary scenario. Darkness may have provided cover to get closer to the SOB as well. Either way, I would prefer being armed to not being armed in that situation.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #100
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171 View Post
Doesn't that open you guys up to a massive amount of potential liability. How do you determine when to use your weapon in a given situation and what happens to you if you do ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
How would anyone know hes crazy? No issues with law and educated.
That was my point. How would anyone know.