Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 04-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #21
08thmsteam
Frackin!

jtirtadjaja: I have those JLA satelite days mini bust too ( well except for black canary and zatanna which I skipped) but i haven't got the space to display my bust collection ( as well as my complete bowen phase one as well as most of phase 2 bust).. seeing your collection make me wanna display my JLA bust

Quicksilver: your display is really impressive and you have so much DC direct stuff... really wished I had bought the diorama vs statues... the only vs statue I got is the supes vs darkseid ones... congrats again on your great collection!!
08thmsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #22
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtirtadjaja View Post
Thanks 08thmsteam, you yourself got a very outstanding collection.

Here's another JLA collection of mine.

love these busts..however i had them and sold them all..id like to get the hawkman bust again..to display with my jla collection. i have all the jla fullsizes, and some conversions...this hawkman bust will display better in scale with the fs the hawkman fs was to small and sold him also..great stuff
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #23
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtirtadjaja View Post
Thanks 08thmsteam, you yourself got a very outstanding collection.

Here's another JLA collection of mine.

Great collection!!! All those old DC Direct stuff were so outstanding when Tim Bruckner were on board!!! Now most of the new DC Direct stuff are plain ugly.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #24
CelestialDragon
Frackin!

Original Seven Display

This is mine, it's one of my favorite displays.
CelestialDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #25
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

AWESOME!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #26
Ladylusiphur
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Just have to say that this is one stunning collection!

Aside from the JLA's, those Batman B&W's look awesome! Not being a huge Batman fan I've never picked any up, but seeing them all together like that makes me a little sad that I missed out.

This collection also goes to show that if DC got their act together there'd still be a valid place for them on the scene. They tried competing with the big boys by producing museum statues and it didn't quite work, but when you can make smaller statues as pretty as that Martian Manhunter/Aquaman then why bother?
Not everyone can afford to spend $300+ on a regular basis and by producing smaller scale good quality statues they'd easily corner that end of the market and catch the sometime/less serious collectors.

Unfortunately while they seem to be concentrating on small scale now, prices are going up and quality is going down. (and this is someone who's always defended them in the past) They should have gone to Tim Bruckner on bended knee and begged him to take control. Maybe someone there can at least take inspiration from him and drag them out of the toilet.

Still, at least the B&W's are nice. Could keep them going for a bit until someone sees sense.
Ladylusiphur is offline   Reply With Quote