Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #1631
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Did you happen to mention all the cluttered mess they have printed below Lady M?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #1632
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

how about buying it because you like the art?
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #1633
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
how about buying it because you like the art?
That's why I bought my copy, but I agree with what Orange is saying. There's absolutely no reason they need to make 500 copies.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #1634
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

Hey Northern, Yep. I went to the show today and will go tomorrow too. It's not often I get to go to a local show as they don't come to Vegas very often (this is supposed to be 1st annual so we'll see)

I did buy the Saloon Girl print and I really like it. $20 it's an easy call. I was also able to get 1 of Peter's Dia Muertos prints with a remarque and a few other prints from other places. Joe was busy at an art-off drawing thing so I need to take the Saloon print back tomorrow and get it signed but that's not a biggie. The print as they're selling it at the show is unsigned just FYI. I'm sure whatever is listed at the Aspen site will be the usual signed with no issues.

I know it's a smaller print, but for me personally, it fits in my Itoya portfolios easier than the larger pieces lol. But I don't have near the # of prints as a lot of others on here so I imagine I'm well in the minority

Lastly, on the numbering, production sizes. I agree that 500 is really large. And for a long time I had been seeing at other places similar small production runs on prints. Lately I've been seeing more and more LARGER print runs. #'d to 1000 in some extreme cases. And some even as more open editions too.

Case in point, the Simon Bisely print that is exclusive to the show is limited to 1000, there's an Eric Canete showgirl print, limited to 1000, and J. Scott Campbell has the same prints at this show as he did at SDCC (and he's done shows in between. Which leads me to believe they're more of an open edition 2012 kind of thing. Maybe this is a sign that the number of people buying and collecting prints is growing and the demand for them is increasing causing a bump in sizes? I don't know.

Once I'm done tomorrow I'll see about taking some pics of what I bring home and plan on keeping.
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #1635
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

What are some of the more popular DC/Marvel Turner prints? Is $50 a good price for most of them (singles not as a lot)? Don't most usually go for over $100?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #1636
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyzplz View Post
What are some of the more popular DC/Marvel Turner prints? Is $50 a good price for most of them (singles not as a lot)? Don't most usually go for over $100?
Honestly, depends on the print. For example, the Wonder Woman I just got. That one goes for around $150 from what I've seen on eBay.

Others that are less popular can go for $75-90.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #1637
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Hey Toyz, can you take an in hand pic of the Saloon Lady M print?
Old 09-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #1638
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

Here's a quick shot of the Saloon Girl. Yes it's unsigned, until tomorrow lol

Old 09-30-2012, 02:29 AM   #1639
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

This is my Muerta print which my wife and I LOVE! Peter was awesome to talk to while he did the remarque too!

The other prints I picked up are all in the same folder in my photobucket account, feel free to check em out. It's the Simon Bisley print and 7 Natali Sanders prints (yes 7, she was running a really good deal)
Old 09-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #1640
Adoptedscot
A day without sunshine is like... night.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Here's a quick shot of the Saloon Girl. Yes it's unsigned, until tomorrow lol

Quote:
This is my Muerta print which my wife and I LOVE! Peter was awesome to talk to while he did the remarque too!

The other prints I picked up are all in the same folder in my photobucket account, feel free to check em out. It's the Simon Bisley print and 7 Natali Sanders prints (yes 7, she was running a really good deal)
Very nice
Congrats.
x
Adoptedscot is offline   Reply With Quote