Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #121
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew View Post
Actually... I have read the entire thread, and as typical of this board, we only have one side of the story and going off on the one side of the story.

Do I think he should have given the page back.. no... but I am still wondering why the page was asked to be given back. We are talking about wealthy whales and people pushing to the front and grabbing things us little people cannot have, and we have no clue about the whole story here. That is all I am asking, I want to know the other side... why would an art rep go to piss so many people off with such crappy customer service just to make one customer happy? That does not seem like good business sense to me.
Well, unless Moy comes to discuss, we will just have to speculate from his perspective. From what I read, it sounded like you were insinuating that Richy was being a jagoff and screwing the rep

Quote:
I think you all are looking at it from the position of the buyer... and not the rep. The rep handles everything for the artist from commissions to original work. He should be compensated for his hard work.

If you circumvent that process, then you might get a better deal from the artist, but you are kind of screwing the rep over. If you are okay with screwing the rep over, then I guess you could see that as not being a jagoff or part of the problem, but if you see it from the rep's point of view, then you might see it differently.

Also, I would love to hear what Mr. Moy has to say about all of this... Did Rich reach out to Moy and Moy told him it was spoken for? There has to be more to this story.
I would also be curious to hear what Moy had to say on this as he did not say the page was spoken for when asked about it.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #122
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
While the issue Meeley Man raised is certainly one worth addressing, it's a bit of a thread derail as it doesn't quite represent Rich's experience here. While my intent isn't to dismiss Meeley's Man's concerns, we should try and stay on topic before this risks turning into a free for all on reps.
agreed. Meeley, feel free to start up a thread for your topic if you wish.

CAF
Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #123
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Back on topic ... Richy - did you send the page off already?

CAF
Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #124
oceans11
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Actually... I have read the entire thread, and as typical of this board, we only have one side of the story and going off on the one side of the story.

Do I think he should have given the page back.. no... but I am still wondering why the page was asked to be given back. We are talking about wealthy whales and people pushing to the front and grabbing things us little people cannot have, and we have no clue about the whole story here. That is all I am asking, I want to know the other side... why would an art rep go to piss so many people off with such crappy customer service just to make one customer happy? That does not seem like good business sense to me.
I'd love to hear Albert's side. Why he could quote a price to one customer and not another for a page he didn't have yet. Why he's making the purchaser return it so he can sell it to someone else. Sounds like you get preferential treatment from Albert if you meet some spending criteria with him.

It also sounds like the whole thing was supposed to be hush hush, avoiding people "getting in trouble", so I think Albert was counting in this not being discussed in an open forum. Just how I'm seeing it at the moment.

Don
oceans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #125
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyrichoh View Post
When I asked, he never indicated the page was spoken for. He said he'd let me know what it'd cost once he got it. That was all that was ever communicated.
Quote:
I haven't. I'm returning the page so I didn't see the need to do so.
Quote:
He did mention he didn't receive the page from the artist as I never told him I did buy it.
So wait, we aren't sure if it's sold to another person yet? Or does Al want it back so he can add his cut -- then offer it back to you??

If Moy always knew it would come to him from Tony, why didn't he just say "I will put it on hold for you as soon as I get it in hand."

Seems to be that Al dropped the ball, then decided to get all uppity because of HIS error. Heaven forbid somebody catch a break...hell it's the holidays. He should just shrug it off and let you keep the page.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #126
Richyrichoh
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I have no clue. I'm gonna send it off as soon as the refund clears Paypal.
Richyrichoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #127
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Well, unless Moy comes to discuss, we will just have to speculate from his perspective. From what I read, it sounded like you were insinuating that Richy was being a jagoff and screwing the rep

I would also be curious to hear what Moy had to say on this as he did not say the page was spoken for when asked about it.
I didn't mean to call Richy a jagoff at all.. I just presented a completely different option on what could have happened. Something is just not adding up here... and it has me scratching my head.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #128
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
I have no clue. I'm gonna send it off as soon as the refund clears Paypal.

I wonder if we should have a poll on this:
Vote A: Rich should send it back and settle for the sketch
Vote B: Rich bought this fair and square and should be allowed to keep it guilt-free
Vote C: If the new buyer wants it, he should make an offer to Rich
Vote D: Send the page to Risingstar because he's an amazing guy
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #129
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
agreed. Meeley, feel free to start up a thread for your topic if you wish.
Perhaps I will. Thanks.

And I've done so.

Last edited by Meeley Man; 12-05-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Meeley Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #130
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I wonder if we should have a poll on this:
Vote A: Rich should send it back and settle for the sketch
Vote B: Rich bought this fair and square and should be allowed to keep it guilt-free
Vote C: If the new buyer wants it, he should make an offer to Rich
Vote D: Send the page to Risingstar because he's an amazing guy
I'd say either B or C. And furthermore, as far as Albert Moy goes, he should take his issues up with Tony (either for selling art he was supposed to send to him, if such is their agreement, or to give him his cut of the sale, even if Tony allowed him to be circumvented in this case) and Rich should no longer have any part in that.
Meeley Man is offline   Reply With Quote