Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 02-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #441
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
In GG's defense, there are a lot of legal issues etc. plus I think they are trying to do a multi media thing as well. They mentioned a comic to go along so maybe they are trying to finish that?

I dunno, GG tends to take there sweet time, but usually deliver quality. I'm kinda over over checking daily for news so I'm sure I'll forget about them... But when something is solicited from the line I'll be right back in the excitement of this line
I don't think GG needs defending, people just want to know how the project is progressing. No one is expecting to purchase next month, but, is the project dead or alive? That would be a good start.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #442
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

My fear is that whoever GG has partnered with is changing or giving their input to the characters. Why else wouldn't GG show more concept sketches on the site? I just hope they don't mess with Whisper's sculpt. They could have shown concept sketches for each character once a month since SDCC and I would be happy.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #443
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I don't think GG needs defending, people just want to know how the project is progressing. No one is expecting to purchase next month, but, is the project dead or alive? That would be a good start.
I really don't think the line is just dead, and I don't think news needs to be given every week. What I don't like is how dream walker said there would be news at the end of the year but then there was nothing. Just give a realistic date on when something will be announced and well wait. By telling us a date that may not have been accurate, we were anticipating something and when nothing was revealed it made everyone angry.

What GG is doing in terms of Taking forever to release or Solicit something is no different from any other company. Their problem is that they keep feeding us innacurate dates as to when it will be announced.
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #444
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
What bugs me is that all the girls are completed / painted and all this is waiting for is a possible marketing / licensing on a comic or cartoon.
And you know this for certain how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolokoPlus View Post
I really don't think the line is just dead, and I don't think news needs to be given every week. What I don't like is how dream walker said there would be news at the end of the year but then there was nothing. Just give a realistic date on when something will be announced and well wait. By telling us a date that may not have been accurate, we were anticipating something and when nothing was revealed it made everyone angry.

What GG is doing in terms of Taking forever to release or Solicit something is no different from any other company. Their problem is that they keep feeding us innacurate dates as to when it will be announced.
Are you serious? You're going to fault a rep who takes the time to come on here and answer our questions even when he doesn't have the answers you're looking for? The guy is making his best guess based on the information given to him. Talk about killing the messenger. Its comments like this that keep a lot of reps from saying anything at all.

I can understand being excited, wanting more, or any info for that matter but I have to be honest... the majority of you guys posting in this thread and the ask GG thread re: Honey Trap are coming off like a bunch of impatient entitled children. Nobody owes you anything!! It'll be ready when its ready.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #445
Luminous
Cyclops

Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #446
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolokoPlus View Post
I agree. Sideshow's "Coming in the next 30 days" isn't even accurate anymore.
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #447
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I can understand being excited, wanting more, or any info for that matter but I have to be honest... the majority of you guys posting in this thread and the ask GG thread re: Honey Trap are coming off like a bunch of impatient entitled children. Nobody owes you anything!! It'll be ready when its ready.
I wanted to hate on this comment, but.....they say the truth hurts. I guess I'm guilty as charged. Sometimes it's easy to forget yourself in the excitement. Maybe, and I say this with everyone's best interest (sanity) in mind, it's worth locking this thread. Clearly, we, as a group have nothing to add, we can't speculate and we can't discuss facts we don't have! I'm not being petulant, but this thread is a clear case of dead end.

If in the future GG produce something, or if one of the reps Want's to add something, maybe it could be reopened.....just a suggestion.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:54 AM   #448
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
...Maybe, and I say this with everyone's best interest (sanity) in mind, it's worth locking this thread...
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #449
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
And you know this for certain how?

Are you serious? You're going to fault a rep who takes the time to come on here and answer our questions even when he doesn't have the answers you're looking for? The guy is making his best guess based on the information given to him. Talk about killing the messenger. Its comments like this that keep a lot of reps from saying anything at all.

In retrospect, blaming dream walker for this was not my intentio and it was not right of me to say what I said about him. If you read my post prior to the one you quoted youll see I was actually defending GG. Basically, you said what I didn't have the courage to say: everyone on this thread is acting childish.
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #450
Vallos
Jubilee

Umm... Everyone?
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote