Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #15041
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

One more note on Oblivion BD; the Commentary's excellent.
Listening to the Isolated Score while I work right now...

.. something fun I noticed. The Tet orbits the (destroyed/cratered/smoking) Earth before the Universal logo pans over it at the beginning of this film; if you haven't noticed that before, look for it next time you watch the movie.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #15042
ratchet
Mandarin

Admission - 7/10

Not terrible. I think they did the movie a real disservice by advertising it as a comedy. It was not - more of a "dramedy". I chuckled a few times - and thought everyone did a fine job - especially Rudd, but over all it was just a decent movie.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #15043
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Actually, as flawless/powerful a movie as Oblivion is, I'm going to give it a 10/10.

Musical score's awesome, set design, props, vehicles, acting, plot, atmosphere.. equally so;... yeah it's a 10.

Giving a movie a 9 is a big deal to me, but this one deserves the extra point. Each of the individual above-mentioned parts are so strong, that when put together it's a modern sci-fi masterpiece.
YOW. That sounds like its BD/collection worthy
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #15044
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Admission - 7/10

Not terrible. I think they did the movie a real disservice by advertising it as a comedy. It was not - more of a "dramedy". I chuckled a few times - and thought everyone did a fine job - especially Rudd, but over all it was just a decent movie.
That's the same thing my wife and I said when we watched it. The commercials made it seem like it was a big comedy but it was really more serious than anything else. Not that the movie was bad, it just was not what I was expecting.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #15045
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Admission - 7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
That's the same thing my wife and I said when we watched it. The commercials made it seem like it was a big comedy but it was really more serious than anything else. Not that the movie was bad, it just was not what I was expecting.
I am glad you two have pointed out the misleading advertisements. My wife and I would have gone in expecting a comedy. At least we know what we're really in for when we finally get around to watching it.

I can't stand misleading trailers.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #15046
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Oblivion - 10/10

Just an all around amazing Sci-Fi film with great elements of action, mystery and romance. Gave it a 9.5 my initial viewing knowing it was probably a 10 but I don't hand those out easily and wanted to be sure. Michael Arndt's screenplay is impressive and it's exciting to know he is applying his talents to Star Wars Episode VII. The original score by M83 is beautiful. Joseph Kosinski has proven himself as one of the best Director's of Sci-Fi material out there at the moment. Oblivion is my favorite film of 2013 so far and gets my highest recommendation.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #15047
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Man, got a regular Oblivion circle jerk going on here.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #15048
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Oblivion - 10/10

Just an all around amazing Sci-Fi film with great elements of action, mystery and romance. Gave it a 9.5 my initial viewing knowing it was probably a 10 but I don't hand those out easily and wanted to be sure. Michael Arndt's screenplay is impressive and it's exciting to know he is applying his talents to Star Wars Episode VII. The original score by M83 is beautiful. Joseph Kosinski has proven himself as one of the best Director's of Sci-Fi material out there at the moment. Oblivion is my favorite film of 2013 so far and gets my highest recommendation.

I'm gonna give it another try on BD (visually it was awesome) but I had a couple of issues with the story I just couldn't get over.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #15049
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Justice League Flashpoint/Paradox 8/10 Very entertaining ADULT oriented superhero animated movie!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #15050
ratchet
Mandarin

Safety Not Gauaranteed - 8/10

Liked it a lot. Funny and touching - ending not what I expected.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote