Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #1681
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
I am 38 years old and I watched He-Man growing up and truly liked it. However, and I mean however...as much as Popculture nailed his likeness and the over all delivery to include the base and Orko this is the gayest thing I have ever seen. Having watched the show a few months ago with my 8 year old daughter made me look back at what I used to like and it makes me want to give my eyes away to someone that deserves them. He-man is such a bowl cut punk it makes me laugh. I apologies in advance for those that are offended by my comments...but seriously look at the hair, fury cod-piece and the rest, WOW!! I do however reiterate that Popculture nailed his likeness, sissy-boy bowl cut and all.

John m.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #1682
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Statuemonger.... I agree.... but I'm only 25 and have never got the he man craze =p
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #1683
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
I am 38 years old and I watched He-Man growing up and truly liked it. However, and I mean however...as much as Popculture nailed his likeness and the over delivery to include the base and Orko this is the gayest thing I have ever seen. Having watched the show a few months ago with my 8 year old daughter made me look back at what I used to like and it makes me want to give my eyes away to someone that deserves them. He-man is such a bowl cut punk it makes me laugh. I apologies in advance for those that are offended by my comments...but seriously look at the hair, fury cod-piece and the rest, WOW!! I do however reiterate that Popculture nailed his likeness, sissy-boy bowl cut and all.

John m.
Interesting, I'm 33 and also grew up watching He-Man. I was also watching with my 8 year old daughter.

And I was thinking.... Damn, they just don't make cool shows like this anymore!

The show was truly awesome. The music was moody and really set the atmosphere.
The character designs were original. Every episode ended with a lesson
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #1684
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Interesting, I'm 33 and also grew up watching He-Man. I was also watching with my 8 year old daughter.

And I was thinking.... Damn, they just don't make cool shows like this anymore!

The show was truly awesome. The music was moody and really set the atmosphere.
The character designs were original. Every episode ended with a lesson
Same here. My 8 year old daughter and I tape He-man and She-Rate every night on Qubo. We both love it!
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #1685
chunkster702

Quote:
Just saying!!!!! Those who know will get it.
It's only as gay as you want it to be. lol

Old 09-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #1686
Comicbookguy
Hercules

So is the reg 1000 pieces? And ex is 500? I think the ex should be lower like around 150 or less. This line could bein trouble with the big es. Hope it proves me wrong. But that's my opinion. On a more positive note. The ex is great because it's not a simple switch out or just light up features. With a orko as a ex that's a great ex Jerry! Great job on making him different from the reg nicely!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #1687
chunkster702

EX is 350. Reg is 1000
Old 09-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #1688
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The statue looks amazing! He looks perfect, IMO.

Any hint if you guys would consider doing She-Ra?
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdealx View Post
Question if you owe MOTU license, doesn't that permit you to make She-Ra, as she did make some appearances in He-Man as vice versa.

Just wondering?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
EX is 350. Reg is 1000
Are you sure? The freaks site is saying the reg is 1350? But anyways Jerry can we at least get a she ra soon? Please! I really want a she ra soon! Any chance to get her in the line soon? Remember sex sells?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #1689
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Are u planning to make a more realistic He-man down the road?
I'll be honest with you, seeing how Mattel was so gungho with going with the Classic figures over the 200X line of figures, I tend to think the Classic will more than likely be the focus for now. I for one, like both styles, but if a 200X is never made, I am fine with that myself.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #1690
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
I am 38 years old and I watched He-Man growing up and truly liked it. However, and I mean however...as much as Popculture nailed his likeness and the over all delivery to include the base and Orko this is the gayest thing I have ever seen. Having watched the show a few months ago with my 8 year old daughter made me look back at what I used to like and it makes me want to give my eyes away to someone that deserves them. He-man is such a bowl cut punk it makes me laugh. I apologies in advance for those that are offended by my comments...but seriously look at the hair, fury cod-piece and the rest, WOW!! I do however reiterate that Popculture nailed his likeness, sissy-boy bowl cut and all.

John m.
I am 39 and I can honestly say there was much more life lessons in MOTU and Transformer shows than I have seen on any cartoon the past couple of decades. The gaiety of these current generation of cartoons is a tragedy. That's just one of the many reasons why kids today are so f'd up. JMO!!!

Give me the shows of yesteryear with current animation techniques and then you have a winner.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote