Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #101
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

But he replaced the regular universe Fury as well. Anyways I was talking about the movie universe not the comics.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #102
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Wow, so Johnny Storm was so plain vanilla that he could be any race and it wouldn't matter, but Luke Cage's race matters?
That is correct. If we were talking about Tarzan or Ka-zar, it would be different, but we aren't.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #103
MrYac
Hercules

i'll give you black panther (even though there are black people in Africa I hear) but why exactly is Luke's blackness so important? there aren't poor white people arrested for no reason?

and what about Heimdall then, or does being a Norse god not have some baring on the color of his skin, and i'm sure it was totally just a coincidence that the "whitest god" was cast as a black guy and not some PC "teehee we're so progressive" back patting crap
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #104
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
That is correct. If we were talking about Tarzan or Ka-zar, it would be different, but we aren't.
You need to understand something. It would be different "to you". Not to me, and not to many, many other people.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #105
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

A lengthy article about the subject
http://www.racialicious.com/2013/06/...o-color-blind/
Old 10-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #106
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
thats absurd. how in the hell can you say that?
hell it isn't the same thing. its exactly the same thing. Johnny Storm has been white (not to mention every other member of the team) ever since he was created back in 1961. and has been white ever since. so his ethnicity is just as much essential to his character as those other characters i mentioned.
oh thats right, its not the same thing becasue we are talking about a white ethnic character being changed to a black ethnic character rather than the other way around so its not the same thing. well thats bullsh!t!.
how is that equal? so what your saying is its ok to change a white character to a black character even though they have been white for the past 52 years. but its not ok to change a black character's ethnicity from black to white becasue their ethnicity is essential to who they are? ridiculous.

so what if there was an ethnical imbalance all those years ago? there isn't now. so stop living in the god damn past and trying to change what had happened then by trying to change a character's ethnicity now.. its over and done with. nothing can be changed. and changing a comic book character's ethnicity isn't going to fix any of it. time to move the f*ck on and leave iconic character's ethnicity alone.
and i bet there are some blacks out there that dont want to see Johnny Storm's ethnicity change either.
I already stated quite clearly why it generally isn't the same thing. Black Panther is the leader of an African nation. Luke Cage was a gang member from Harlem. Making those characters white would not make much sense. But for Johnny Storm, where has his skin color played an important part in his history?
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #107
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Well, as stated before since he is the brother of Sue Storm,who is a Caucasian, he should be white too logically.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #108
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Well considering he is brother to Sue it is import. Unless you also want to change either her race or his relationship with her?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #109
MrYac
Hercules

clearly that's a racist and disrespectful attitude towards interracial/adopted families, you should both be ashamed .....right?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #110
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

He could be her half-brother.