Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #191
Luminous
Cyclops

Resogun is a blast to play. One of the best examples of a classic side scrolling arcade shooter. Love the music as well.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #192
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Can the console handle 24 bit flac audio?
As far as I know the PS4 software at release does not support any audio or video file playback. sony's focus at release was games. I haven't tried a flashd rive or external HDD on mine, but from what I read online, external storage devices are not supported by either platform at launch.

Being x86 based, I wouldn't think it would be too hard to engineer the PS4 and XBOXone. But. I think the rush for both consoles to marktet has limited the functionality that is included in the launch software. I hope Sony adds video and audio file playback. They also need to add the DLNA media sever support. There is no reason why the PS4 should have less sodtware features than the PS3.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #193
Luminous
Cyclops

Yeah, there are a surprising amount of features absent from the PS4 UI. It's clear they were in a hurry to get the system out by the end of the year with basic gaming and movie functionality. I expect there to be a significant amount of features to be added in the coming year. That said, what is there works great and is extremely smooth.

Last edited by Luminous; 11-17-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #194
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

It does play Blu Ray?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #195
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
It does play Blu Ray?
yes (although not 3D blu rays at the moment until Sony performs an update down the line)
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #196
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Those with the console, particularly folks who have played both the PS3 and PS4 versions of some of the games, what is the difference like between the two consoles?

The only thing that I have seen the PS4 running is soccer which was hard to judge how much it has under the hood.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #197
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Those with the console, particularly folks who have played both the PS3 and PS4 versions of some of the games, what is the difference like between the two consoles?

The only thing that I have seen the PS4 running is soccer which was hard to judge how much it has under the hood.
Right now the biggest differences are the increase in textures and that they run at 60 fps. The games are incredibly smooth. Another benefit for a game like AC 4 is the dramatic increase in draw distance. Standing on top of a tower and being able to see the detail in the ocean and ships in the far off distance is simply awesome. You'll be able to see all of that and the game won't even stutter. Games are incredibly fluid and smooth.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #198
MonsterBalls
Kindly Asked To Leave

I haven't been this satisfied with my console purchase since the SNES.

Depending on your entertainment set up the difference between PS3 to PS4 can be night and day. The resolution and detail in the PS4 versions of the games in comparison to last gen is quite noticeable. The textures are very crisp and clean verses the PS3 and XBOX 360. I never noticed how much motion blur and character blur there is in the last gen games verses what the games should look like if they had been running in native 1080p.

On a 3D projector 120 inch screen it is clearly visible, the system remains freakishly cool even after being on for 8 hours straight. The firmware software I suspect is a bit glitchy for now and the reviews that state the PS4 is failing are either orchestrated by fan boys or grossly over-stated. The system froze once on me in OS but I suspect that had more to do with the network freezing up than hardware.

Sony also offers the most comprehensive and affordable extended warranty online with accidental damage for up to 3 years for $59.99. On top of the fact you get $10 PSN credit, and one month free on PSN is a win-win for consumers.

As for the removal of a lot of features available in the PS3 not available on PS4, that is expected. They stripped away value-added features as predicted to focus on a revenue generating stream as opposed to creating features above and beyond the competition that create no real sustainable source of cash flow. IE- they are pushing for an iTunes like hub where you can buy HD movies as opposed to allowing consumers to stream their content or playback from USB. It makes sense since the PS4 longevity relies on streams of continuous cash flow as opposed to just software sales. They learned from their mistakes with the PS3 on launch. They added way too many features that added to their production costs when they should've focused primarily on their competitive advantage ie-3rd party support and the best graphics on the market.

Well worth the purchase, I feel a bit of buyers remorse for a lot of the PS3 games I bought since now seeing the difference I wish they were all available for the PS4 instead.
MonsterBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #199
FROBAY
Phoenix

Bestbuy is buying working PS3 & Xbox 360 consoles for up to 100.00, depending on the condition. I may take both mine in and use the dough towards a future xbox since I already have the ps4
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #200
MonsterBalls
Kindly Asked To Leave

Injustice Gods Among Us for example - the character models and backgrounds on the PS4 is like having cataract surgery and seeing for the first time outside a cloudy lens, verses the last gen ... which even on a large screen is visibly hard to make out details on each and every individual character's face.

Trine 2 The Complete Story on PS4 is above and beyond the most definitive version of the game, I didn't even know that their lips moved while dialogue ran in game. 3D option is also available and looks awesome in 60 frames per second.
MonsterBalls is offline   Reply With Quote