Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #51
SONICobra
Batman

thanks for taking the time to answer our questions and congrats on all your companies success, as others have mentioned you guys have definitely earned it

so question: realistically, how long do you think it will be until we see a prototype or preliminary sculpt of daredevil from xm studios? (similar to thor and/or ant man)
Old 07-26-2014, 06:00 AM   #52
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.banner View Post
Hello Brian thank you very much for being available for Q&A. Has a definite edition size been set for Magneto?
The definite edition size has not been set for Mags - our promise to collectors is that our statues will never go beyond 999. Mags will very likely have higher ES than Captain America for instance due to high demand. Hawkeye for instance may turn out to have lesser ES (which helps to balance demands vs supply). ES will be finalized typically 1 to 2 months from first colored reveal (in this case, in Sept 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnknome View Post
BIG question - I want many of these pieces. Because there is no payment plans I need to budget accordingly, can XM do a bit better job of publicizing release dates or projected dates?

I want to support XM with many purchases but I need to know to plan financially.

Thanks
Yup we definitely need to be better at this! We are collectors first, followed by business peeps so we still have lots of learn on business side of things. Do bear with us as we get older and wiser. We are actually looking at some bundling options to make buying our products more cost efficient.These options will likely be finalized and revealed during the Singapore Toy Convention so stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Hi Shorudan. Thnx for taking time to answer all our question!

Great company and amazing pieces! That said, my question;

I see you a license pending in Europe, but distributors like HEO and PBM are already selling your pieces. That Germany and The Netherlands. Are you selling directly to them or are they getting their pieces via a different channel?

I'm asking this because I would like to know how certain their promise to deliver is. Are you selling a set amount of pieces to them or are you selling to local resellers and online customers first? I.e. Is there a chance that, when I order through HEO or PBM I will end up empty handed?
Hmm... I really don't know HEO and PBM. All our appointed resellers are listed on the first page of this thread. We certainly can't sell to Germany or Netherlands so it looks like they are getting their pieces via a different channel. As such I can't really comment on these distributors' reliability so you should communicate and clearly check if they are able to secure your orders for you before you commit with them. In terms of our licensing obligations, we will always sell to resellers in the 5 countries we have listed on the first page of this thread - we will also set aside some pieces on our website for direct sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Hey Shorudan,
Would you be able to let us know the dimensions of your MK 7?
All Dimension sizes will be confirmed by Sept 2014.I will then post another update for all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Hi Bryan,
thank you very much for taking the time to answer the questions of fans and collectors from all over the world; I really appreciate it!

I hope you do not mind if I ask a question which might have been asked already but I was wondering if you would ever consider releasing a statue of The Juggernaut?

Thanks and regards,

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Oohhhh we have definitely considered this big bad boy and would love to do a good statue of him. However, considerations are still subject to Marvel approvals. We've actually tried to push through a couple of fan favourites but have been declined due to clash of roll outs. Sometimes we don't even get a reason why really - so we don't want to promise folks anything until we have the confirmation from Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeumuse View Post
Hi Shorudan,

If XM gets the DC licence, are they planning to include movies licences as well?

What are the chances of seeing Alejandro Pereira's MOS & CR Sups released by XM? Much thanks.
We are actually working with Alejandro already! He did our Hulk! As for Superman... well we would actually need to have a DC license first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Can you link your FB page onto the first page?

When I hijacks boyfriends phone at the bar, sometimes I need to amuse myself
Your wish is my command! It's on the first page now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ski View Post
Hi Bryan. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. You mentioned that you are open to producing some of the "less mainstream" characters. Does this mean you would consider doing classic black costumed Havok statue with switch out masked and unmasked heads if there is enough interest? There are quite a few of us on this board who have expressed an interest in him in the "XM Singapore's Own" thread. Thanks! Mike
Yes, we would definitely consider any character as long as there is enough demand for it. To help us with our decision, you should send us a photo of yourself dressed in a classic Havok costume, masked and unmasked. Holding a board that says "I Love you XM!" would definitely help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
I missed out on Sideshow's silver surfer. Can you guys please make a 1/4 silver surfer - but instead of paint have him chromed! That wails be the ultimate silver surfer.
Ok, we'll need you to send us a photo of yourself body painted in chrome on a cool looking surfboard. Again holding a board that says "I Love XM!: would definitely help!

I kid I kid... again we would consider any characters as long as there is demand but for character requests, I think we should keep it to the wish list thread? Otherwise this thread could turn veeeeery loooong. (Have you seen LoricStone's list? Man... I wish we could do ALL those but it would mean XM having the Marvel license forever!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
In this interview Ben mentioned they are looking at doing White Queen. I suspect they stopped because of the SS one you didn't, it would be too many of her being released together.
Jackpot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
thanks for taking the time to answer our questions and congrats on all your companies success, as others have mentioned you guys have definitely earned it

so question: realistically, how long do you think it will be until we see a prototype or preliminary sculpt of daredevil from xm studios? (similar to thor and/or ant man)
From a product roll out perspective, we are just finishing up on our first line in Sept. Any new characters will be planned, approval requested and announced latest Q1 2015 (or Xmas this year if we are quick enough) so having said that any prototype of new line ups will likely surface in either late this year or Q1 2015.

I'm also gonna be away in Sydney for the whole week on my day time business job so I might not be able to answer questions quickly the next couple of days. Forgive me!!!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #53
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

I love to see smaller scale statues or reissue smaller scale versions of the larger ones.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #54
a2themonster
A day without sunshine is like... night.

To Whom It May Concern:

Can you please address the likelihood of the following characters getting made, and the time it would take to see something, etc.

1) Mr. Sinister
2) Omega Red

Thanks in advance, look forward to owning MANY XM pieces!
Old 07-26-2014, 11:55 PM   #55
Thor57
Teen Titans

Just wanted to say thanks to XM for a smashing start. Customer service, QC, and attention to detail are topnotch.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:59 PM   #56
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Is Psylocke (Jim Lee) on the radar?
Old 07-27-2014, 12:46 AM   #57
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Hey Bryan, I really appreciate your involvement in the community. Glad to see xm doing so well. Its definitely a pleasure to have ordered a statue from you folks.

I did see you mention that you folks have pushed for some fan faves. Now I assume it takes some time to come up with a proposal depending on popularity of a character, concept for a statue, and if it conflicts with maybe others being released (like Emma).

My essential question was: is there any chance you could list what candidates have been shot down?

I dont know if you are allowed to mention, and hopefully they dont confirm future surprises, but I was interested in knowing what I can expect to not exist.

Again, I hope it doesnt seem like an invasion, but id be interested in know which were unfortunate to get shot down by Marvel.

Thanks again, cant wait to see more Phoenix and Ms Marvel. Oh and if you can make me a Es of 1 custom savage land rogue I would be in your eternal servitude
Old 07-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #58
Agähnim
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Do you guys have any plans on doing dioramas?
Old 07-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #59
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agähnim View Post
Do you guys have any plans on doing dioramas?
OMG YES PLEASE!!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #60
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
I kid I kid... again we would consider any characters as long as there is demand but for character requests, I think we should keep it to the wish list thread? Otherwise this thread could turn veeeeery loooong. (Have you seen LoricStone's list? Man... I wish we could do ALL those but it would mean XM having the Marvel license forever!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2themonster View Post
To Whom It May Concern:

Can you please address the likelihood of the following characters getting made, and the time it would take to see something, etc.

1) Mr. Sinister
2) Omega Red

Thanks in advance, look forward to owning MANY XM pieces!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Is Psylocke (Jim Lee) on the radar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
I'm also gonna be away in Sydney for the whole week on my day time business job so I might not be able to answer questions quickly the next couple of days. Forgive me!!!
Awesome, Give me a call when you're in town, we can go out for beers
Closed Thread