Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-19-2014, 07:41 AM   #1
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

XM's Notice to Official Distributors

Hey guys, some of you have reached out to me regards to certain incidents with our official distributors when it comes to early PO and pricing. We have issued a letter from XM to all our official distributors and I thought it would be good to share the contents with all of you.

--------------------------------------------
Dear XM Official Distributors,

We have received complaints from customers about certain dealers;
  1. Opening up for P.O. earlier than XM Studios
  2. Selling our products at highly inflated prices

Look guys, we appreciate the support and carrying of our products, making it easier for folks to access and buy our stuff in your regions. As tempting as it may be to make a quick buck, XM Studios puts collectors before business because we believe that as long as we put our heart and soul into making the best products we can, with integrity, honesty and humble openness to listen to the community, customers will become life-long friends. And that we truly believe, is a business model worth fighting for.

While we cannot expect distributors to follow our business practice as we understand and respect different businesses have their own operating models, we do need you guys to help XM create a fair and enjoyable collectible experience when purchasing our products.

Yours Sincerely,
XM Studios

-----------------------------------------
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
AC_808
Hercules

Kudos, XM Studios!!

I haven't faced these inflated prices so far (not yet anyway), but as a collector, I appreciate XM looking out for their fans and customers!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #3
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

good on you guys
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Kudos, XM Studios!!

I haven't faced these inflated prices so far (not yet anyway), but as a collector, I appreciate XM looking out for their fans and customers!

I definitely have, several times. Some of these dealers from Singapore have been posting on any Facebook page or fan forum with even the slightest association to collecting statues.

In just about every occasion I have seen so far, the sellers would not give a contact phone number, would not provide any guarantees with regards to damages, production flaws, or loss of delivery, some seemed to have zero experience shipping internationally, and as far as I can tell, no one could vouch for them as they had no established reputation whatsoever with anyone I know... They would ask for NRD for items sight-unseen, without a final price offered for the statue (which is outrageous), wanted you to pay as a PayPal gift...

Two people I know had their confirmed pre-orders inexplicably cut completely, and they ordered way early... It doesn't take a genius to suspect what likely happened. ...It's the Wild West out there. Be very very careful, folks. Try and order from people you feel you can trust or with an established reputation.

I share the same opinion as others here that XM looks really promising. It's a shame to hear what's being happening. However, I can understand it though. The nature of the best.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I definitely have, several times. Some of these dealers from Singapore have been posting on any Facebook page or fan forum with even the slightest association to collecting statues.

In just about every occasion I have seen so far, the sellers would not give a contact phone number, would not provide any guarantees with regards to damages, production flaws, or loss of delivery, some seemed to have zero experience shipping internationally, and as far as I can tell, no one could vouch for them as they had no established reputation whatsoever with anyone I know... They would ask for NRD for items sight-unseen, without a final price offered (which is outrageous), wanted you to pay as a PayPal gift...

Two people I know had their pre-orders inexplicably cut completely, and they ordered way early... It doesn't take a genius to suspect what likely happened there. ...It's the Wild West out there. Be very very careful, folks. Try and order from people you feel you can trust.

I share the same opinion as others here that XM looks really promising. It's a shame to hear what's being happening. However, I can understand it though. The nature of the best.
precisely why I haven't ordered from XM yet (although that new Thor is tempting). I just can't be bothered to jump through all the hoops from the foreign sellers just to get a piece. I'll stick to SS for now and just admire the few XM pieces from afar until they (possibly) become easier to acquire
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Kudos, XM Studios!!

I have.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #7
AC_808
Hercules

Oh i hear and feel what you all are saying. I sympathize as I would definitely complain ...and fight back ...if this would happen to me.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Bravo XM for sending out the letter.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I guess that being european, I already have a thick skin about all the hassle and issues of international purchases, I'm not overly bothered about who I'm dealing with, there are a couple who are 100% safe and their names/contacts have been spammed for months on the boards. Anybody new or uncertain should go for them.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #10
dechirico7
The Flash

It is a nice gesture on their part, but will probably do little to persuade against the "flipping" and inflated prices. I think I will most likely avoid Phoenix. It is awesome, but with the price of these pieces I can afford a couple customs. I could change my mind later, but for now I don't want to be part of the drama.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote