Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-31-2015, 03:49 PM   #3781
dr.banner
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
A question for collectors that received Magneto already - Is the shipping box bigger than the XM Captain America shipping box? Trying to figure out if I can fit it in my vehicle in case I need to pick mine up from FedEx whenever it ships.
Here's the box dimensions buddy

dr.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:56 PM   #3782
dr.banner
Statue Forum MacDaddy

XM shipping boxes are very close to the way Cinemaquette ships their pieces out
dr.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:51 PM   #3783
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by A R E S View Post
Wow
Next time it is the foam, then the packaging or the quality control or the edition size. XM started the line with the coins. If they take it away it is a loss and i bet prices won't be cheaper because of it. We have honored XM for making things different from other companies. Sideshow was once beloved too until things went lazy, cost oriented and downhill. It is testing people, what a company can do.

But as of now we should take this with a grain of salt, since there is no official announcement, but if it is true i am very sad seeing XM doing something like this.

All this over a mere additional coin that perhaps has been causing more unnecessary headaches than anything, what with dubious allocations and such?
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:30 PM   #3784
built2shred
Phoenix

In the beginning XM said the coin was just a small token of Thank You to those who pre-ordered early... Well as history has proven EVERYONE pre-orders XM statues early, these statues sell out within hours... So I really don't see the point of the coin anymore... All it does is cause some friction between those who get it and those who don't. For the amount of money people spend on these statue they should all be the same (IE: No extras that some people can't get)
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:37 PM   #3785
risingstar
Jedi Order

The coin does not make the statue any more or less stunning. However, I can see how the more obsessive collector may be put off with not having something more coveted by others. Speaking for myself, given the choice between a statue with or without the coin, I'd choose with coin, but I certainly wouldn't lose a micro-second of sleep if XM decides to stop making them.

Here is the thing: Adding the coin does not in any way increase XM's sales numbers of statues. In the end, it's an added expense which likely does not invite any financial benefit to XM. Frankly, I find the evening of playing field (i.e., everyone getting the same version) refreshing.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:41 PM   #3786
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
In the beginning XM said the coin was just a small token of Thank You to those who pre-ordered early... Well as history has proven EVERYONE pre-orders XM statues early, these statues sell out within hours... So I really don't see the point of the coin anymore... All it does is cause some friction between those who get it and those who don't. For the amount of money people spend on these statue they should all be the same (IE: No extras that some people can't get)
I agree. Especially considering they make a point to drive home they aren't into exclusives or variants. Well, the coins are tantamount to an exclusive offering. They should ditch them. That said even if they didn't I don't have any interest in them myself. Just gimme the statue.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:54 PM   #3787
A R E S
The Spirit

But then the concern is that people don't want an exclusive option, give the coin to everyone. It looks fantastic and distinguishes XM statues from the competitors.
A R E S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:33 PM   #3788
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A R E S View Post
But then the concern is that people don't want an exclusive option, give the coin to everyone. It looks fantastic and distinguishes XM statues from the competitors.
The art speaks for itself. A coin does not make a statue or a company more distinguishable than another. Only great customer service and excellent quality can do that.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:43 PM   #3789
drkknight65
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

in all actuality who cares. there is nothing on the box saying its exclusive coin, the coins are not even numbered, there is no certificate saying you statue even came with a coin. so if they remain or don't it will not bother me. I'm here for the statues
drkknight65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:35 PM   #3790
Atheris
The Maxx

Double post.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote