Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #4961
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hi Jerry,

Any chance of the 1:3 Sub-Zero having glass eyes?

The ice blue eyes would look creepy cool on a 1:3 piece and give it a further element.
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:17 PM   #4962
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
Hi Jerry,

Any chance of the 1:3 Sub-Zero having glass eyes?

The ice blue eyes would look creepy cool on a 1:3 piece and give it a further element.
Factory is having a tough time with Darkness' eyes so we didnt make Sub Zeros acrylic. But they will be very high quality. Hot Toys does nice eyes and they arent acrylic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBirkin62 View Post
Jerry, you once said Shang Tsung was a WIP. Was it an MK3 Shang or an old man Shang?

What's the chance of a 1/3 Shang old man?

And do you know the diameter of 1/3 Scorpion base?
Scorpion and Sub Zero base diameter is 12"

Too early to give anything away on Shang Tsung

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyJ View Post
Jerry, why do sold out items get removed from the website? It would be nice to be able to look at older statues to see price and ES and such. Not a critical feature, but most sites keep up sold out item pages for searching purposes.

Maybe PCS has them and I can't find them?
They would be pulled down because the crappy website continued to let people order even after they were sold out.

Hopefully in the next 6 months the problems with the site are all worked out and all the old items can be put back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkkollector81 View Post
Jerry,
Suggestion for the website, I think you should make a new link on your webpage for like a "gallery" of all your works. From past to present, sold out or not. Think that would be cool.
Its on my very long list of things to do with the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
Jerry has it ever crossed your mind to do a 1/4 Metal Gear Solid line?
Back in early 2000s I was a pretty big MGS fan, but I dont think it has enough popularity now. Plus I hear Kojima is very difficult to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Jerry!

How about doing a perfect mixed media, representation of David, from "The Lost Boys"? Give him nice vampiric red eyes and fangs. Mixed media trench coat. It would be so awesome! And its certainly pop culture. Very fitting with the company name.
Im a very big Lost Boys fan, but the problem from a business standpoint is the only character that would sell is David and movie studios want a lot of money. So we cant pay them what they want and just make one statue.

Same problem we run across on things like Riddick, Conan, Labyrinth, etc. Conan we feel will sell enough Arnolds to make it worth while but I dont see selling enough Davids to make it worth while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeLoyo View Post
Hey jerry, will the ice ball on Sub Zero be removable? I'm getting this piece no matter what but I've seen that a lot of people (myself included) liked the frozen hand without the ice ball.
The ice ball is not removable. Even if it was there would be a big pin sticking out of the hand to plug into the electonrics of the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
Here's a question I've always wondered about, Jerry:

How do you feel about repainting statues to produce characters that would likely otherwise never get made?

Action figure companies and some statue companies do it all the time, so I was sort of surprised that we haven't seen PCS do things yet like Cammy (Shadaloo) repainted into another Doll, or Ken (with a new head) repainted into Sean or Dan? Is this something PCS might ever do, or are you against it?
I think it has to be done very conservatively or it just becomes disrespectful to the collecting community.

We could have easily taken the original MK Klassic Ninja sculpt and made a bunch of the same figure with different paints but that seemed like a 'Walmart' thing to do and not something a high end company should do.

Even doing the 1:3 Shin took a while to convince me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
Hello Jerry
Do you plan on making a 1:1 bust of M. Bison? If so may I suggest a facial expression in between the two of which you did for the 1/4 statue. A stern face with teeth showing. The glowing purplish red eyes would also rock

The lifesize busts havent been great sellers. I want Akuma to ship and everyone to see how great it is and then Ill figure out who the next one is.

I just really wanted to make sure I got Akuma and Ryu out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empracollector View Post
Hi jerry would simply toys and ikon be getting the 1/3 sub zero
They both will get an allocation but it wont be much. Maybe 10 for each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Hey Jerry

You mentioned you thought you had sneaked 3 MKX characters, Kotal Khan and Sub Zero have been shown, who's the 3rd?

DGK
Hmm maybe I only showed 2 and thought I showed 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot117 View Post
Hey jerry, will there be any more classic 1/4 mk statue preorders this year? can you advise if you are doing the whole MK cast? thanks
Yes. At least 3 more this year. The answer to the second question is I make them as long as they keep selling.

My rule is if we have two sales flops from the same line then I kill that line. So far we havent had any 1:4 Klassic MK flops. Even Liu Kang who started off with very disappointing sales, eventually sold out. So Iim very happy with MKK right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
Hello Jerry, will you continue the Klassic MK 1/3 scale from MK 1 only??

Thanks
No Im open to all of the games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisword View Post
Jerry for the 1/3 Sub Zero, we've all noticed that the new pics of him on Instagram have him holding the spine. However as many of us have also noticed that he's holding it to the side instead of up like in his epic fatality pose. Will there be another option to have him hold it straight up in the air?
No arm in the air. Makes the statues way too tall and doesnt work with the sculpt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyJ View Post
If you did get the DBZ license, do you think you would go for museum poses or action poses?
Id like to do museum poses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foots View Post
Hello Jerry,

Where do you see Hordak and She-Ra's popularity compared to other MOTU characters? Would you expect them to sell similar to He-Man and Skeletor, or the secondary characters like Beastman and Teela, or somewhere in the middle?

I realize you don't have the license for She-Ra. I'm just speaking hypothetically.

Thanks!
I think She-Ra would sell as well as He-Man or Skeletor. Hordak wouldnt be as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Will Shin Akuma be a darker skin tone?
He is a much darker tone than Akuma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Is there any plans in the works for a Klassic 1/4 Kano (bald kano) and if so has it started being worked on yet?
Not yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Hi PCS - previously you mentioned that you had contemplated doing warhammer 40,000 statues. What is the status of that license. Have you talked to games workshop!
Just something in the back of my mind right now. I need to get through Wondercon and then I can start thinking about new licenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Jerry, regarding the 1:3 Arnold Conan. Is the license limited to Arnold's likenesses?
Let's say (hypothetically) that it sells good. Would you be more inclined in doing different iterations of Arnold as Conan, or also other characters? In a few words, would you consider doing Thulsa, too?
I think its just going to be Arnold. If he sells like crazy and we get a lot of emails requesting Thulsa Doom then Id consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
1. Any chance to get a 1:4 Garuda?
2. When you say revisit, does this mean it will be 1:4 scale mixed media, or could it be a 1:3 or something else as well?
You mean FF Garuda ? FF is a tough one. Im not a fan of the games but love the artwork. I think it would be very expensive to get that license.

Revisit means same scale and style, but totally new sculpt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariocafjb View Post
the project to SF 1-6 scale will continue? please increase the amount of its parts'm tired of these pre-war
SF 1:6 is being worked on. I know ive been saying that for 8 months but its happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, Jerry.I just want to ask, when do you estimate you'll receive the 1/4 MK9 Sub Zero statues?Cheers!
Ugh...May I think. I know its ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBirkin62 View Post
If DBZ is acquired, will it be 1/4? I'm not sure if you even do 1/6.

It would be 1:4 if we do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaguy705 View Post
Hey Jerry. Sorry if this has been asked.

You mentioned that you weren't happy with how female sculpts have turned out.

How does the process work when hiring? Is a contract over several years? Or is it typically commissioned by the piece?

Can you hire a guy like Mark Newman to do a piece or whomever does the koto Bishoujo line? Or are they exclusive to that company?

Thanks!
Things are changing around here. Originally everyone was freelance and worked from home by the project.

Now Im going back to the way i did it at SOTA which is in-house full time employees. The ugly fact is artists are notoriously terrible at scheduling themselves. They almost always turn in work late. If they are under my roof I can make sure things stay on schedule.

Currently we have 4 full time in-house sculptors and 2 freelancers that we use a lot. Ive recently stopped using several freelancers that, while talented artists, are just not able to stay on schedule.

As for Mark Newman (who is a friend of mine), he is too busy with Sideshow and other really big companies/projects.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:07 PM   #4963
MrBirkin62
The Spirit

Thank you again Jerry for the wonderful answers!

In regards to your post about a line flopping, for example, Liu Kang, technically should be popular. Although like you said, he sold some-what poorly in the beginning. Will this change how you approach other obscure characters like Nightwolf and Stryker? Will the ES simply change or will they just be pushed back to the end of the line while others like the cyborgs and Kitana shine?

I hope a Nightwolf is possible in the future, even if the ES is low like 150-200.

Also, when you hinted at 1/3 Horror characters, what happened to Halloween? Can you get the license for that or too many hoops?
MrBirkin62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:53 PM   #4964
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Jerry

Any chance Shin can have a black karate belt (not rope) to be completely game accurate?

The gloves are game accurate. Personally I think the black karate belt would make sense.

Also...

Kidding...

But not kidding about the black belt.

Cheers!
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #4965
joerock
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Jerry

Any chance Shin can have a black karate belt (not rope) to be completely game accurate?

The gloves are game accurate. Personally I think the black karate belt would make sense.

Also...

Kidding...

But not kidding about the black belt.

Cheers!
I feel the same way, I was planning to alter that when I receive my Shin
joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #4966
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Hi Jerry

Thanks for the answers.
Do you have news about the 1:1 Akuma bust ? :-)

Thanks
Carmelo
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:50 PM   #4967
Hanzo
I am da law!

Pcs i think i saw a post where you said 2 or 3 mk characters will show up in wondercon, with one being subzero 1/3 can you at least hint if one of those is 1/4 ermac/rain/kitana?
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:14 PM   #4968
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Same problem we run across on things like Riddick, Conan, Labyrinth, etc. Conan we feel will sell enough Arnolds to make it worth while but I dont see selling enough Davids to make it worth while.
Does this mean a riddick isn't going to happen ? I thought Vin Diesel had the license now and not Universal :/
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:41 AM   #4969
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Jerry, can you please have at least one of the many pictures taken of pre-orders with a yard stick next to the statue? It can be difficult to visualize the proportions of a statue, especially the larger 1:3s, with no other objects for context. It would also help to eliminate questions pertaining to the size, for example whether the listed stats include the base, etc.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:14 AM   #4970
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Jerry I dont know how long it takes to get a licence, but lets say you do get the DBZ licence, how long before we would see a statue teaser? and will DBZ be mixed media?

I would suggest fully sculpted and make your first character vegeta.
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote