Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #941
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The movie is to get an extended release on blu ray.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=119592
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:37 PM   #942
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Saw the movie today and definitely enjoyed it. Although my experience was some what tainted by an absolutely awful cinema experience. I was in a fairly large cinema and for some bizarre reason loads of parents decided to bring very young children.

There were at least 20 children who were definitely below the 12 age rating for the movie, including at least 1 baby that was brought in a pram!

On top of the children talking constantly and the occasional baby crying, most of the adults were also chatting all the time. There was a girl behind me who was giggling almost constantly for no reason, even in sombre moments.

Argh I really hate the cinema and just wish they would release the movie physically or even stream it on the same day, then I would never need to go the cinematic hell-hole again.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:49 PM   #943
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Saw a late showing last night. I agree with Joy Division on pretty much all accounts. Although the film was hugely entertaining , it just didn't gel with me as nicely as other films in the MCU, and I already know why.

You may laugh but the main issue I had with the film is only an aesthetic issue. I can't stand when films take place predominantly in greyish/brown locations. it makes me feel nautious, and its a serious issue for me in both video games, and films. If a game/film is set predominantly in these colour backdrops I don't feel well. Almost felt like I was watching a drug related movie. AOU definitely could have benefited from a bit more colour because there was a serious lack of it.
So was the lack of color because it was shown in the greyscale look that the DarkKnight films and Man of Steel was?
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:11 AM   #944
Spideristic
Kingpin

When compared to The Avengers, the charm of the team being together seems lacking in Age of Ultron and that was likely expected and intended.

The team is vulnerable and in duress, so despite some lighthearted moments we're made to reflect on that lingering sense of despair more often.

Joss Whedon's initial cut was over 3 hours long, with more character moments especially of Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver and with more Black Widow backstory. I am keen on watching that extended cut and to know whether trimming of the scenes helped or hurt the movie.

Captain America is my favourite Avenger and though he had his moments, definitely felt he could have gotten some more screen time. Hawkeye got some of the best lines this time and it was good to see his character being highlighted.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:03 AM   #945
jimmmy
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I really enjoyed hawkeyes story, one of the movies best aspects.
jimmmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:12 AM   #946
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
So was the lack of color because it was shown in the greyscale look that the DarkKnight films and Man of Steel was?
Don't really know what you mean, but the most of the films locations were either grey, greay/brown, or just brown, with the odd bit of grass
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:04 AM   #947
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Lol. I hope your statue reviews don't parallel your movie preferences.
I just highlighted some films that IMO, are highly over-rated. If you want to get a broader picture of the films I like, check out my blu-ray collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...9&categoryid=7
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:06 AM   #948
Mqhuynh
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Just watched the movie. Really enjoyed it, even more than the first one. Looking forward to owning the BR with the extended edition. Should answer a few questions I have. Overall I wasn't disappointed.
Mqhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:16 AM   #949
Mqhuynh
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I liked this film better than the first one. Hawkeye, BW and Hulk has good storylines and character development. It's nice to see them more in the lime light then the 3 major hitters. Will watch this again soon.
Mqhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:37 AM   #950
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Started reading this thread from page 1, and I couldn't wait to comment on this feed. To compare AOU to Empire is mind-numbing. Dark Knight is a better example where the good guys are on their heels and everything is bleak. AOU didn't feel like a huge leap in tone to me. It's a fun summer movie like Assembled, except it lacks the wide-eyed wonderment of seeing these heroes unite for the first time.

I couldn't buy the Natasha/Banner romance. Black Widow is a character written to meet each movie's needs it seems. And pairing her and Banner was an easy way to give them something to do, I suppose. It was an interesting dynamic, but it also felt forced. My favorite depiction of Natasha is still Winter Soldier - by a wide margin.

I enjoyed the action, but it did get boring watching Ultron bot after bot get destroyed. Seriously, normal punches and kicks were dismantling them like pinatas. I understand it's part of the formula for movies such as these, but it gets tiring to watch. Best action sequence was EASILY Hulk vs Hulkbuster.

Overall, I'd probably go 8/10.

Not sure why they had to kill off Quicksilver. Oh, right. Because they were telegraphing Hawkeye's death. So it's a swerve. And it adds some gravitas. That's always good, right?

Nevermind, let me go 7.5/10.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote